Dark Side of the Combo - Vader Combos

Vader's Dark Side Lectures (Combos)

6BbG,1A+B, 2[A+B], 4A+B, A+B, 2B+K, 4A+B, 6A+B - 120 damage

ive been abusing this shit lately and it is AWESOME...

if the start techin i think it'll do 160

i also like the trap

6BbG,1A+B,2[A+B],4A+B,A+B, 1A+B,4A+B,6A+B

11B 4AA- 62-65 damage.

This combo depends on Vadar facing his opponent's left, to any degree. It's not character dependent, and I'm sure it can't be AC'd.

3B 4A+B 4A+B g3B+K 44B 1BA (Finish with 4b instead of 1ba on Vader, Nightmare, Astaroth, Rock, Lizardman, Voldo, and Zas)

Doing it from 3B does 84 damage and takes around half the force meter. Finishing it with 4B on the listed characters will recover a bit more force and deal the same damage.

Thanks to Ceirnian and Dullyanna for helping test which characters the 4B worked on. :)

I'll get damage later...
44Ba+bG, FC A+B = ? (first part needs a perfect execution, especially online...)
It can ring out but there are other more reliable ways for that, this just looks cool...

What about his Force Hang Draw?

I was thinking that a good combo would be his 4A+B 4A+B, B+K (backturned), and then hold 2A+B, then 4A+B 6A+B. Would it work?

they should be able to escape the 2[A+B], but anyway those BT B+K combos use a ton of force and the damage scaling is bad even when they did work.

Two combos that haven't been posted:

wr aG~A+B~G~3B, 4A+B, 4A+B, g:3B+K, 44B, 1BA - 100 dmg, uses about 50% force.

wall combo: 66B, w!, BB, w!, 44B~A+B~G, w!, 1BA - does a bit over 80 damage, almost 90 if you get a 4th wall splat, can also be done off 44B.

Found a new combo:

3B, 2[A+B], 44B

The 2[A+B] needs to be held at a minimum, and it will stun the opponent before they're able to tech roll. It does 48 damage, which is more than the previous combo I have been doing (3B, 4A+B, A+B, 11B), and it also uses half as much force as that combo.

If you release the 2[A+B] slightly later it becomes a tech trap which will catch any direction, and after that you can sometimes tech trap them again with 44B.

I found some other new combos as well but I'm writing up a combo guide, and will have them all included in there.

Thanks for all of your work Oof! Can't wait to see and learn from this guide :D

Dark Side of the Combo - New Vader Combo Thread

Been working on a new combo guide:

http://www.8wayrun.com/wiki/Darth_Vader:SC4:CG:Combo_Guide

I tried to keep everything as organized as I could. I included force usage for all the moves, as well as some tech traps/not guaranteed stuff.

Any help would be greatly appreciated since I'm pretty sure it will take me a long time to finish this guide. Please post here if you added anything that might need double checking. I'm kinda picky about having the correct info on there. :P

As for the force usage, if you add any combos and you're just guess-timating the force usage, please add "~" beside the percentage (example: ~40%). So that I can check it later. I actually put a ruler up to my TV to measure how much force everything takes.

I'll close the other thread so that we can focus combo discussion here, but here is a link to it anyways: http://www.8wayrun.com/f27/vaders-dark-side-lectures-combos-t542/

Dark Side of the Combo - New Vader Combo Threa

Nice work Oof. Every Vader and future Vader players will be thankful for you putting that much effort into that guide.

Dark Side of the Combo - New Vader Combo Threa

Hey, has anyone tried 44Ba+bG on airborne opponents? Or 8wayrun A+B on airborne?
44Ba+bG is weird. You can do 44Ba+bG 44Ba+bG 44Ba+bG 1BA, but everytime I've done, the escape directions are different. Sometimes all back, sometimes only right, sometimes only forward diagonal. Sometimes inescapable if done super close. Does more damage than 44Ba+bG [2A+B] 2B+K 3KB, forgot the exact numbers. 11B 44Ba+bG 1BA does more damage than WRA+B followup for less force, but ACable to back more often than the other combo. 44Ba+bG 8wrA+B Ro's farther than 22K followup.
44B+K 33B works, and relaunches, but I haven't messed with it much. Repeated 44Ba+bG is breaking my controllers.

OOf..lemme know if you feel this thread to be necessary enough to merge with your NEW combo thread?..if not keep as closed but viewable?...i feel the 1st option is necessary in keeping space/neat

I think it will be alright to just keep this closed as a separate thread. The reason I didn't merge it in the first place was because the first post would end up being AshnardZero's from this thread, and I didn't want to invade his post and edit it adding my own stuff.

The first post of the new combo thread has a link to the wiki which will eventually have all the combos in neat fashion, as well as a link to this thread. So I don't see any harm in leaving this thread visible for reference.

Mkay.. cool beans!

i have some stuff of my own..so i will be helping along with you combo thread, i will give the transcripts so you can test yourself before i link them..if i can?

bb, w!, 44b, w!, 4b, 3kb the thing i noticed about this is that it only works when your opponent is in the corner or i could have done it wrong.

Timing on Last combo first tab (command list)

There is a combo in the Vader help command list .. it is the first tab (SIGNATURE MOVES) and the last combo listed....
:3::B:~:4::A:+:B:~:A:+:B:~:A:+:B:

It is the force grab on the downed opponent... then you throw them into the air.. then you do a unblockable attack as they land....

Well what is the timing to throw them into the air... I can throw them up any time I want if I a spam :A:+:B: during the force move while they are down.. but as I need to hold the :A:+:B: again to do the unblockable I need to know when exactly I am meant to press it so I can stop spamming..

Basically I am asking what the timing is and then I can do the move with out spamming...

So...

To throw them UP into the air.. when am I meant to hit the 2nd :A:+:B:?

Back