Dark Side of the Combo - Vader Combos

Timing on Last combo first tab (command list)

Just press the a+b twice and it should auto do the force blast.

Timing on Last combo first tab (command list)

Yeah, if you just do :3::B: > :4::A::+::B:...then keep spamming :A::+::B: it'll work. No need to hold :A::+::B: to get the unblockable to come out.

:3::B:+:K:, :4::4::B: VFC :9::B: is actually one of my staple combos. The damage is pretty good and gives you an awesome wakeup game. Throw them if they ukemi immediately, or :3::K::B: them if they wanna hang around on the floor for a little while.

also 2A+B max charge into slight dash 6~G,1b..i kinda wanna say(6~G:1b the timing is quite extreme actually after the ~G part) ,..but whatever, its whatever it is.. its there and catches*double check on right tech*(no wall needed)..if they roll back(after but before you decide to NOT do the 1b instead)... Vader gets for free 2A+B least charged/ 4b/3B(i think) and 3B+K combo's!! oh yeaH!!..haha, so wanted to mention that..and that's a portion of his other oki capabilities that surround that time as well.

is there really a point to 44b vfc 2A+B? If its for ring out you can just use 22_88 K cant you? I just cant see the point I mean the damage doesn't really seem worth it

^^no point at all what so ever..only IF its THE last round and its for a ring out combo..and 2A+B doesn't need a force cancel move to drain more meter before it anyways...it has other uses.

Edit/ k, also wanted to add it can be used when/if you have a full force meter and you can afford to use it for whatever purpose

I was practicing and wanted a thread to post what I found in case it helps someone else.

There are 2 kinds of force cancels: The g-slide cancels and the direct A+B cancels. I'm just going to talk about three moves that cover these 2 kinds of cancels, but I think it applies to all of them:
1) 66bG
2) 22bG
3) 44bA+B

for the first 2 in particular, i was having trouble getting consistent cancels. I found the best way to cancel was to do the slide and then HOLD the A+B. Without holding the buttons i'd get 1 of 2 behaviours in addition to the fastest cancel: Either the force attack never came, or the flames came out but I waited to long to hit the G button and vader would go into the pose. By holding the A+B buttons until I saw the barest hint of fire and then canceling, I moved my reliability up to near 100%

Also, I'm having trouble landing the 44B~A+Bg, 22K combo. When you cancel 44B, Vader does a large hop forward. I don't think it counts as 8wayrun, because when I hold down, vader will go into crouching. When I do the double tap though, his kick comes out too late. Any hints? I'll keep practicing but it seems like I'm missing something.

Tactu:

your either A)doing it too early or B)too late, the best way i can help you here is to say just keep practicing it until its perfected. The combo requires ONLY a force cancel directly into 22k no extra inputs nothing(the dash is natural after the cancel), but keep in mind some of the cast require different input timing due to their specific body limb length(mostly short limb characters whether they are big or small), so for Vader you just need to know which is which....the 2 timings are, small dash(slightly after force cancel) or directly after the cancel...its all just a matter of timing.

By that i mean how early or how late the 22k can be executed, not too difficult to perform and most of the cast are the same anyways, i believe the only ones you need to check timing on mostly are the big characters with short limbs(practice on Asta(short legs) and then try on Raph(longer legs) to notice the difference, but like i said mostly the short limb characters...though test on all to make sure for yourself and from there you should be good to go, hope this helps and let me know how it works out for you :)

NOTE: for anyone...If you ended up in the FULL completion of the dash from the 44b cancel, by this time it is waaaay too late and the 22k will for sure miss in the combo, the faster the input the better.

Tactu:

your either A)doing it too early or B)too late, the best way i can help you here is to say just keep practicing it until its perfected. The combo requires ONLY a force cancel directly into 22k no extra inputs nothing(the dash is natural after the cancel), but keep in mind some of the cast require different input timing due to their specific body limb length(mostly short limb characters whether they are big or small), so for Vader you just need to know which is which....the 2 timings are, small dash(slightly after force cancel) or directly after the cancel...its all just a matter of timing.

By that i mean how early or how late the 22k can be executed, not too difficult to perform and most of the cast are the same anyways, i believe the only ones you need to check timing on mostly are the big characters with short limbs(practice on Asta(short legs) and then try on Raph(longer legs) to notice the difference, but like i said mostly the short limb characters...though test on all to make sure for yourself and from there you should be good to go, hope this helps and let me know how it works out for you :)

NOTE: for anyone...If you ended up in the FULL completion of the dash from the 44b cancel, by this time it is waaaay too late and the 22k will for sure miss in the combo, the faster the input the better.

Thanks alot man! This is exactly what I needed. I know I'm doing it way slow now...just gotta keep practicing I guess till I get it down. I don't know why the 22k motion is so hard for me, but I'll keep at it.

I like 44B VFC 22K, just hate the timing. Only learned it because megiddo made it look cool lol. My staple wall combo, though very rare, is W! 44B~ VFC~ 6BbG~ 3B+K 44B(should commense a roll backwards after the the crumple W! from 3B+K)~4B(technical tech) or substitute the 4B with 3KB. Rarely do i attempt this but i learned it long ago from a friend.

Juece:

WRB+K, 2B+K, 3KB is THE staple combo off of WRB+K for best guaranteed damage.

EDIT: TANHAUSSER, your best chance at hitting a combo like that is in the cage arena stage, even then its still a VERY inconsistent combo to land, and i think there is better damage to be dealt as far as wall combos go.... you play more so online? (I'm guessing) so it might be easier to land it due to restricted movement(s) making positioning for combos like that a bit easier... then again, i don't play online too often, so i could be wrong.

Aside from it leaving the opponent further away, WR B+K, 2B+K, (slight delay) 44B is better than using the 3KB ender. It does the exact same damage as 3KB but will also launch them if they attempt to ukemi in any direction, and it also recovers a tiny bit more Force. The delay needs to be perfectly timed though in order to tech trap.

Ending it with 66B is actually what I prefer to do with this combo, it does slightly more damage than 3KB/44B if the opponent stays down, and it will launch them if they ukemi any direction except right, and if I anticipate that then I'll do the delayed 44B.

Juece:

EDIT: TANHAUSSER, your best chance at hitting a combo like that is in the cage arena stage, even then its still a VERY inconsistent combo to land, and i think there is better damage to be dealt as far as wall combos go.... you play more so online? (I'm guessing) so it might be easier to land it due to restricted movement(s) making positioning for combos like that a bit easier... then again, i don't play online too often, so i could be wrong.

my friend UCHI makes a bunch of cage combos i just took that one. Its not easy IMO because you have to accurately mash all over your controller. However the damage is worth it,-insta 100+ dmg & that's not even if they get teched into a Force Cannon/1A+B by switching the 44B, 4B with 2A+B or 2B+K. Hes got another combo that continuously juggles you off the wall with 44B in combination with other stuns that can't be escaped & deals TREMENDOUS dmg...180+

Hey there isnt a combo off of 22/88 K huh? It's so fun to hit that it kinda saddens me that I cant do anything after it. The only thing I could come up with is force lift but most people get off the ground quick vs vader.

Man you cant end with 22K you can start with it but ending with it I'm not so sure. For a wall combo I like 44B BB 6BbG.

Hey I was messing with 44bG VFC 3b and I was wondering does that push as far as 44bG VFC 22K?

Back