DARK SOULS 2- Praise the sun

i give up farming the dragon knights in the shrine. after 2 ascetics all i have to show for it is 3 dragon shields, all the drakekeeper's gear in multiples, and like 16 dragon scales. all i want is their sword Kappa
I was going to farm the armor of aurous for my Melee build but after getting the helmet I decided that I don't want to try and fight the Flexile Sentry with Melee anymore lol

haven't tested it yet, but does the leo ring's effect apply to weapons that thrust but aren't technically thrust weapons? more specifically; even though syan's halberd is classified as a slash-only weapon, but it's R1s are thrusts, does the ring apply to it?

haven't tested it yet, but does the leo ring's effect apply to weapons that thrust but aren't technically thrust weapons? more specifically; even though syan's halberd is classified as a slash-only weapon, but it's R1s are thrusts, does the ring apply to it?

Worked that way in DkS, so I wouldn't be surprised if it applied here.

i wonder if you can have agdayne and his bros attack the host/phantoms if you light a torch near him. if so, the crypt will be my new favorite invasion area.
I was co-oping with my friends, I was a white phantom in my friend's world with another white phantom that was our friend when I asked, "I wonder if a phantom could light a torch and piss off these fenito, I would never risk summoning someone in this area." You know what my friend who the other white phantom does? Immediately lights a torch. Luckily it seems that phantoms cannot piss off the fenito, so I think it's safe to say that red invaders can't either.

Last edited:
Hey chosen undeads, i have 2 important questions:

1. Has anybody beaten the ancient dragon yet? This thing is the last boss i haven't beaten but i suck so badly against him...

2. I can't summon other players with 1 of my characters (I'm not in the infamous covenant). It works with all others. Is there anybody with similar problems or some tips to fix this?

1. Has anybody beaten the ancient dragon yet? This thing is the last boss i haven't beaten but i suck so badly against him...

2. I can't summon other players with 1 of my characters (I'm not in the infamous covenant). It works with all others. Is there anybody with similar problems or some tips to fix this?
1. Yes I have beaten the Dragon. He drops around 120000 souls on a standard playthrough as well as soul of a giant and petrified dragon bone. I personally don't fight him on my playthroughs anymore because he doesn't drop anything that I want, so I just leave him be.
2. The only thing I can think of is, do you quit out of multiplayer sessions frequently? If yes, the game has a mechanic where it will pick up on this and you can no longer summon help, but you still can be invaded. You can use a bone of order to fix this but you only get one per playthrough.

yes, once you figure him out he's not nearly as tough as you'd think. i think i posted a video a few pages ago where lobosJr killed him with a ladle. point being to show off the most consistent (imo) strategy to kill him with. the trick is to bait out his standing fire breath and then run a attack his feet while he's breathing. once he's done, stop and wait for him to move his head to the side and get the hell outta there! rinse and repeat until you win since he doesn't change his strategy.

how high is your soul memory? to check it, go to the player stats screen and check the huge number on the far top right corner of it. you can only be matched up with people around you SM range +/-2 million.if you have a high SM either try to bro-op late game areas or just move onto NG+ where there are plenty of other people who will be in your range.

how high is your soul memory? to check it, go to the player stats screen and check the huge number on the far top right corner of it. you can only be matched up with people around you SM range +/-2 million.if you have a high SM either try to bro-op late game areas or just move onto NG+ where there are plenty of other people who will be in your range.
Totally forgot about Soul Memory. Almost all of my files are NG+ or beyond so SM isn't even a factor.

PRAISE THE SUN!

I was able to beat the dragon with a simple yet effective strategy: Using flash sweat through the entire battle prevents one hit kills by his fire attacks and gives some room for errors.

It's time to go to NG plus now!

PRAISE THE SUN!

I was able to beat the dragon with a simple yet effective strategy: Using flash sweat through the entire battle prevents one hit kills by his fire attacks and gives some room for errors.

It's time to go to NG plus now!
never knew that, always assumed that you'd get back up into the flames and still die lol

Back