Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate

zoPec.jpg
tinabass001jpg-d3cf72_640w.jpg
tinabass002jpg-fdfc5e_640w.jpg

http://andriasang.com/con1c4/doa5_collectors/
Release Details leaked out earlier through various sources, but Tecmo Koei has now made formal announcement of Dead or Alive 5's release date. The Xbox 360 and PS3 fighter will be released on September 27, priced ¥8,190 in standard form.

Tecmo Koei will also release a ¥11,340 Collectors Edition. This includes an official visual book, original soundtrack CD, eight character post cards, 10 special character metal plates, and a download serial code for 12 "Premium Sexy Costumes."

The first print run of both versions will include a download serial code for "Sexy Costumes" for Ayane and Kasumi. These appear to be different from the "Premium Sexy Costumes" included with the Collectors Edition. The Collectors Edition "Premium Sexy Costumes" will also be available as paid download content following release.

Here's Kasumi's Premium Sexy Costume (the one in the Collectors Edition). Tecmo Koei will be gradually releasing pics of the other costumes.
240a3.jpg

It's good to see more of how this game's shaping up, though I gotta say... what happened to toning down the sex appeal? To portraying the girls as fighters rather than underwear models? Those early gameplay screeenshots and trailers featuring Ayane and Hitomi alongside Hayate and Hayabusa seem a long way away now, and not really representative of what we're seeing.

I want this game and hate to be cynical but it seems like all that was purely a marketing gimmick to make DOA5 seem 'fresh' and 'new'... whereas right now it very much looks like just another DOA game.

It's good to see more of how this game's shaping up, though I gotta say... what happened to toning down the sex appeal? To portraying the girls as fighters rather than underwear models? Those early gameplay screeenshots and trailers featuring Ayane and Hitomi alongside Hayate and Hayabusa seem a long way away now, and not really representative of what we're seeing.

I want this game and hate to be cynical but it seems like all that was purely a marketing gimmick to make DOA5 seem 'fresh' and 'new'... whereas right now it very much looks like just another DOA game.
It is another DOA game. almost sounds like you want ugly or unattractive or plain looking fighters. if a fighting game has female fighters than 9.9/10 times the female fighters are designed to look attractive. the DOA female fighters are very attractive in a realistic sense instead of the anime doll sense. apparently a lot of people really like that and team ninja heard so why not put out some extra outfits. there's little to no difference for SC5 and it's CaS extra DLC.

but they shouldn't be chun li legs or any SSF4 legs either.
Sure they should! That's what horse stance for hours is supposed to do.

The realistic look is alright. (Sometimes it goes into that uncanny valley but I'm sure they're working on that.) But, the bodies aren't realistic to match. If I might cite Gina Carano (excuse me) a pretty face ain't an excuse.

For fighters, they're not really built. And they're a little soft...

For fighters, they're not really built. And they're a little soft...

Amy defies all logic. Her 66A+B can lift a golem like Astaroth. That is some bullshit up logic right there lol.

Kokoro imho is probably gonna be those ladies that aesthetically doesn't look as tough gameplay wise, but will have amazing frames and wtf bs logic. However, that's my scrubby opinion on defending my lovely Kokoro haha. ^^;

The costumes are optional. That's a good thing.

Back