Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate

UNDERX

[10] Knight
TGS: Dead or Alive 5 Announced

Fighting series returns with more ninjas, and more girls.

September 14, 2011

Tonight at a press event in Tokyo, Team Ninja revealed Dead or Alive 5. The continuation of the well-known fighting series, Dead or Alive 5 revolves around the theme "fighting entertainment." A brief gameplay demonstration was given that showed off classic fighters Hayate and Hayabusa fighting on a dark rooftop. Construction cranes swung dangerously in the background and provided the two ninja with a spectacular backdrop for their combat.

doa5_6.jpg

The video teased special finishing moves that incorporated the stage in different ways. For example, Hayabusa launched a bolt of energy at Hayate and sent him spiraling through the air, only to be hit by a flying car (for some reason). Team Ninja promises that the stages in Dead or Alive 5 will no longer be "sidekicks" to the action, but critical parts of the competitive experience.

Dead or Alive 5 is currently in its pre-alpha stage, but it already looks like its running smoothly and features the same flurry of explosions and outrageous sound effects the series is known for. Following the gameplay trailer, Team Ninja revealed a piece of art that featured one of the female fighter's lips and bust, with the text "I'm a Fighter" superimposed over the image. The image was a hint at either Kasumi or Hitomi, based on the color of her hair, but no other information was given.

Dead or Alive 5 is being developed for the PS3 and Xbox 360, and is due out sometime in 2012.

Afters years of waiting Dead or alive 5 has officially been announced.

Here is what we got so far.

I'm surprisingly hyped, after seeing it mentioned in another thread, I thought that individual was trolling until a link was provided and then...shock. Well, 2012 is going to be ridiculous for the FGC :)

The game looks great, don't know if I will play since I've never been that big on the series but I might check it out.

Not gonna lie, I'm a little envious that SCV isn't looking as polished, hopefully that changes as we get closer to the launch date. I know it's a pre-alpha version or whatever but I'm sure they intend on the final version looking that nice. What ever happened to soul calibur being the best looking fighter?

DOA used to be my favourite fighter. after DOA4 it became SC for me....

really looking forward!! I feel like playing DOA3 + DOAU again :)

oh and on the Dreamcast DOA2 looked much better than SC1

Imo DOA3 looked better than SCII on XBOX.

Soul Calibur being the best looking fighter was a claim made by the makers, that's what I'm referring to. And now we get SCV which in terms of appearance may as well be SCIV. I'm not a graphic whore but I just feel Namco could have done a lot more to make the game look more appealing which would probably translate into more sales. IMO if an average consumer saw both an add for doa5 and sc5 they would feel compelled to buy doa5 while they might not be all that interested in buying sc5.

Soul Calibur being the best looking fighter was a claim made by the makers, that's what I'm referring to. And now we get SCV which in terms of appearance may as well be SCIV. I'm not a graphic whore but I just feel Namco could have done a lot more to make the game look more appealing which would probably translate into more sales. IMO if an average consumer saw both an add for doa5 and sc5 they would feel compelled to buy doa5 while they might not be all that interested in buying sc5.

Yeah but keep in mind that DOA4 is alot! older than SCIV and their respective sequels come out both in the next year.

DOA4 looks imo almost like shit nowadays, but SCIV looks still great(except some stages).

So imo i´ts no surprise that DOA5 looks better at this moment compared to it´s predecessor than SCV does.

DOA really! needed a graphical overhaul, SC does not imo. ;)

Back