Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate

1350255967-hitomi.jpg

New DLC
Is this a new outfit we haven't seen before or a spin off of an older one?

Soooo random thought everyone:

What if we could SIDESTEP during stuns... Right now we can only counter, I think Sidestepping as an option will help reduce the amount of guessing one needs to do after they get stunned!

Thoughts :D ?

Soooo random thought everyone:

What if we could SIDESTEP during stuns... Right now we can only counter, I think Sidestepping as an option will help reduce the amount of guessing one needs to do after they get stunned!

Thoughts :D ?
People should be able to do NOTHING during stuns.

Is this a new outfit we haven't seen before or a spin off of an older one?

I think this outfit was in DOA: Dimensions. It is lovely though <3.

UNDERX said:

I don't think sidestepping during stuns would be a good idea. I have enough trouble trying to set up Critical Bursts without always getting my strings counter held. Allowing the victim to sidestep just makes the situation worse for the aggressor who has to focus on applying the right mix-ups to achieve a CB or launch. Don't guess during stuns, read your opponent instead. I.E., which strings do they do at specific ranges? How do they react to pressure strings? What moves does the opponent use to achieve CB? Do they try to bait holds or throws? Etc., etc.

Also, sidestepping is designed to be used in anticipation of a linear non-tracking attack.

I think this outfit was in DOA: Dimensions. It is lovely though <3.

I don't think sidestepping during stuns would be a good idea. I have enough trouble trying to set up Critical Bursts without always getting my strings counter held. Allowing the victim to sidestep just makes the situation worse for the aggressor who has to focus on applying the right mix-ups to achieve a CB or launch. Don't guess during stuns, read your opponent instead. I.E., which strings do they do at specific ranges? How do they react to pressure strings? What moves does the opponent use to achieve CB? Do they try to bait holds or throws? Etc., etc.

Also, sidestepping is designed to be used in anticipation of a linear non-tracking attack.

Really bro, lets play online - tell me you never guess... i know how to play. And so what if you add more defense the beauty of a fighting game is the back and forth. And yes once you are stunned and are ONLY left with the option of countering often times ure guessing cause DOA is very very very very very fast!!! You must have very fast eyes... We need to play?

Also if side stepping helps remove some of the guessing dosent that help add depth based on skill? I just feel DOA relays to much on STUN GUESS - I get what ure saying. But you are being overly Zealous about it. I guarantee you when playing against someone better than you, you will find yourself STUNNED and guessing. :| Side stepping will help eliminate some of options, "some of the guessing" which is good... and still requires skill.

I'm just tossing my two cents in here but does anyone think there should be at least two CBs for each character (at least one punch and kick CB) as well as not limiting them to mids only.
I was hoping this would be the case in the earlier days of the games development.

Really bro, lets play online - tell me you never guess... i know how to play. And so what if you add more defense the beauty of a fighting game is the back and forth. And yes once you are stunned and are ONLY left with the option of countering often times ure guessing cause DOA is very very very very very fast!!! You must have very fast eyes... We need to play?

Also if side stepping helps remove some of the guessing dosent that help add depth based on skill? I just feel DOA relays to much on STUN GUESS - I get what ure saying. But you are being overly Zealous about it. I guarantee you when playing against someone better than you, you will find yourself STUNNED and guessing. :| Side stepping will help eliminate some of options, "some of the guessing" which is good... and still requires skill.

Your argument for sidestepping during stun is that you have no other option besides guessing where to counter, and that is wrong. If you're guessing you shouldn't be countering, you should be slow escaping. Hold guard and circle the d-pad/stick you'll escape the stun faster, if you do it fast enough(it may take some practice) you should be able to escape a stun before the next hit. Learn to slow escape first before you say the stun game is to heavy.

Your argument for sidestepping during stun is that you have no other option besides guessing where to counter, and that is wrong. If you're guessing you shouldn't be countering, you should be slow escaping. Hold guard and circle the d-pad/stick you'll escape the stun faster, if you do it fast enough(it may take some practice) you should be able to escape a stun before the next hit. Learn to slow escape first before you say the stun game is to heavy.

none of the stun combo i use with tina can be slow escape, what will u do now.
slow escape only does so much.

when slow escaping on fastest these are
6K +22
3P +24
3PP +31
you have to guess.

also "HOLDING" at the first frame after your hit = the same recover as SLOW ESCAPING at the fastest speed.
unless the attack that hit doesn't let you hold, i.e sitdowns and some other moves that knock you up slighty of the ground, holding out of these would make the recovery even longer instead of shorter.

so basically a mash hold = a slow escape... not to every attack but yea.

Considering that I don't really enjoy playing online that much do to the lag, it won't really prove anything besides what can't really be reacted to, but yes, I do guess. I guess in every fighting game I've played. I guess in SCV just as much as DOA5. 'Will my opponent use a slow-mid launcher? A quick stepkill horizontal? Run in for a throw? Attempt a low-mix-up like Mitsurugi's 2KB BE? Etc.' Fighting games always contain guesses. If there was no guessing, the game would be mechanical and dull. If I get stunned in DOA5, I pay attention to what moves my opponents are using to extend the stun and trying to see where a good counter point is, while attempting to slow escape.

DOA5 is indeed fast, but it is not too fast. If you pay attention to frames, you'll notice that you can usually find an opportunity to counterattack after most strings (or even punish!). Sidestepping during a stun will unnecessarily complicate the system (not to mention making no sense if you're groggy). If you're worried about stun guessing so much, then stun the opponent first and more often. Make the opponent guess and see how they deal with it!

And yes, I have faced quite a few players better than me. For instance I got stunned a lot today, but I quickly noticed that my opponent was using the same series of moves to stun me. I adapted to it and defended against the predictable strings.

I was hoping this would be the case in the earlier days of the games development.
I still hope they would give it a second thought but at least it gives a chance to bait out mid punch hold and go for one of those kick launchers ._.

Patch is up! Go download now!

Also, would anyone care to test it with me? (Located in Texas).
I'd be down to help you with that tomorrow (or later in the afternoon today lol) if that's cool with you unless you'd prefer to test it out now and with someone not in Texas XD

Considering that I don't really enjoy playing online that much do to the lag, it won't really prove anything besides what can't really be reacted to, but yes, I do guess. I guess in every fighting game I've played. .

Bro just keep an open mind. Even by your reasoning you can wait to see if that person sidesteps and than grab. I just feel DOA need to add more depth to some of its core mechanics... Whats the problem with adding more depth ?! Overly complicate or you just have little imagination ?

And your advice - STUN 1st, is exactly why I am making this remark, you are thinking from the aggressors side only.... Anyways lets agree to disagree!

On a random side note: I wish i could Transport SCV into DOA 5 stages... That would be heaven! A little bubble of fighting game heaven... Ohhh to dream...

People should just play Tekken if this is a problem...
Just pointing out that being able to move out of a STUN goes against the point of a stun. That and the fact that the core, competitive DOA community would actually prefer a game with less holds out of stun (why do you think there are tons of unholdable stuns in DOA5).

Back