Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate

Hayabusa, the red skeleton king.

On that note, maybe I should try learning him. I wonder how focused on grappling he is... He only has one offensive hold.
He's not so focused on grappling really, he has a few fast grabs that puts him on par with the grappler group though.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.402173956518301.95914.290183187717379&type=1
Apparently these are some of the DLC costumes that are coming out soon. Honestly I would have preferred different costumes for everyone but oh well ._. Still love Lei-Fang's costume though

Lisa was given Lei Fang's dress? Rig looks like Jann Lee's bouncer outfit from DOA3, and Christie now has a cat suit?

Where in the hell is my Viking Bass outfit!? I can live without his DOA3 biker outfit though as it's similar and honestly improved by his DOA5 default.

Ha this is all ridiculous! I told you people we needed customization, now instead of US making wacky outfits Team NINJA is doing it! WEAK!

Hayabusa, the red skeleton king.

On that note, maybe I should try learning him. I wonder how focused on grappling he is... He only has one offensive hold.
Hope you like all kinds of half circles and 360's and 3/4 circle motions. I'm using a hitbox, so I'm not even bothering with him.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.402173956518301.95914.290183187717379&type=1
Apparently these are some of the DLC costumes that are coming out soon. Honestly I would have preferred different costumes for everyone but oh well ._. Still love Lei-Fang's costume though

Weird that out of 12 new costumes, Lisa gets 3. Well, I surprisingly do encounter her online frequently but I'm not really sure what's so special about her. Her gameplay seems almost gimmicky at times. On the other hand, it is nice to see that the only Black female is being supported (and not in a token or stereotypical way).

However, I'm still waiting for some new Ayane outfits -_-. On a sidenote, that Hayabusa costume looks just plain insane!

Weird that out of 12 new costumes, Lisa gets 3. Well, I surprisingly do encounter her online frequently but I'm not really sure what's so special about her. Her gameplay seems almost gimmicky at times. On the other hand, it is nice to see that the only Black female is being supported (and not in a token or stereotypical way).

However, I'm still waiting for some new Ayane outfits -_-. On a sidenote, that Hayabusa costume looks just plain insane!
I chuckled on the support part but I'm definitely waiting on Ayane's costumes (maybe her costume for her cameo in Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge, that one's sexy even though it's just the black part of her 1P off and a scarf on her instead).

They made the costumes so nice this time around i'm not really itching to buy new ones. If something really catches my eye i'll buy it, but for now i'm more than satisfied with the current clothing.

DOA 4

GET STUN - GUESS
GET STUN - GUESS
GET STUN - GUESS
GET STUN - GUESS

DOA 5

GET STUN - GUESS
GET STUN - GUESS
GET STUN - GUESS
GET STUN - GET REALLY STUNNED!

0 EVOLUTION

(And the DLC looks like crap) I have so much more love for SCV now...

DOA 4

GET STUN - GUESS
-Guess right, 50 damage
-Guess wrong, 75 damage
GET STUN - GUESS
-Guess right, 60 damage
-Guess wrong, 75 damage
GET STUN - GUESS
-Guess right 64 damage
-Guess wrong, 75 damage
GET STUN - GUESS
-Guess right 70 damage
-Guess wrong, 75 damage

DOA 5

GET STUN - GUESS
-Guess right, 50 damage
-Guess wrong, 30 damage
GET STUN - GUESS
-Guess right, 75 damage
-Guess wrong, 30 damage
GET STUN - GUESS
-Guess right 100 damage
-Guess wrong, 30 damage
GET STUN - GET REALLY STUNNED!
-130+ damage

0 EVOLUTION

(And the DLC looks like crap) I have so much more love for SCV now...

I'm embellishing, but that is a more accurate depiction between the two games.

So how's the actual gameplay in DOA5? What are the things that set it apart from other 3D fighters? What niches do characters fill?

Yeah, I'd like to know a little more... The FGC is divided in two groups right now: those who are crazily in love with this game and those who totally despise it.

Yeah, I'd like to know a little more... The FGC is divided in two groups right now: those who are crazily in love with this game and those who totally despise it.
some people can't stand the fact that they can get counter for hitting you while your stunned, they need to get over the fact that stun =/= a combo, its more of an area of mixups that can lead to a combo, and a word everyone get mad at even though it something you do in every game guessing.

So how's the actual gameplay in DOA5? What are the things that set it apart from other 3D fighters? What niches do characters fill?

Back