Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate

So I get that maybe you're being super careful here, but that Kokoro play against Mysticgunn was... crappy.

No launcher attempts, few guaranteed strings, no 46PP or 33PP/22PP. No 236P, 8P6P and variant mix-ups. And you used the weakest Heichu stance transitions. I'm surprised you got away with that kind of play.

That said... I'd be a nervous wreck in that fight. I'd end up mashing PPP and pressing 6P6P too much. And somehow, even if I were to play that crappy, I'd probably lose anyway. So kudos for making Kokoro play look bad and getting away with it. =)
i get you. thank you Force of Nature and Neo Remirez for backing me up.

on the drive back home i was talking to my friends all about what i didn't do as Kokoro. she's definitely a lot better than i made her appear to be. i have never blocked so much in any fighting game besides 2D fighters. but i will get used to fighting on stream. the crowd there was really comfortable to be around but when you are fighting on stream then you are fighting around several different crowds. VF, SSF, and Tekken. I will make Kokoro proud next time.

I am just glad I saw you do Combo throws like I do with her =) I wanted to see more stomps too but I guess you don't need to. I saw a REALLY good Jann Lee player and he was showing off all the sit downs and crap that jann can do that is unholdable. Really made me feel like there is a level of this game that extensive study and practice (or a strat guide) can help you achieve.

The commentators said something kinda weird, near the beginning of the video. Hitomi finishes the string that ends with the flying kick, the commentators say she's dead in the water after that.

But she's only -1. How is that completely vulnerable? It seems like a frame trap to me.

Kasumi's ponytail is overpowered! Why does she get the individual strands and my Helena is forced to walk around with that blond sausage updo? All the other girls probably judging her and shit.
tumblr_lyfeaqjwW31qgev0a.gif

The commentators said something kinda weird, near the beginning of the video. Hitomi finishes the string that ends with the flying kick, the commentators say she's dead in the water after that.

But she's only -1. How is that completely vulnerable? It seems like a frame trap to me.
i've grabbed her after that kick. so i thought i was pretty right in that statement. was going off experience rather than technical details. well, experience gives knowledge to technical details. but yeah. i've punished Hitomi after that kick many times. that's why i said it. it may not be true for slower characters though. plus it was my first commentary. >_< cut me some slack!

and i forgot to mention that the tourney was done on Xbox360. I play the game on PS3. so i felt really uncomfortable with the controls as well.

just thought i'd throw another excuse in there. ;)

I am just glad I saw you do Combo throws like I do with her =) I wanted to see more stomps too but I guess you don't need to. I saw a REALLY good Jann Lee player and he was showing off all the sit downs and crap that jann can do that is unholdable. Really made me feel like there is a level of this game that extensive study and practice (or a strat guide) can help you achieve.

Yeah, I'm still freaking out about doing the throw against live opponents. I've got the throw down 90% of the time in practice, just actually need to use it against live players.

if that was PS3 i would have not been doing those 3 part throws. can't get that stuff down on the PS3 pad yet. but xbox is a piece of cake. unfortunately that's all i can do better on xbox.

They sell Xbox looking controllers for PS3... IS IT JUST ME or does EVERY controller that isnt official sony product have issues with the PS button? Even using my hack programming it doesn't even register the PS button...

Seriously I buy all the budget controllers at gamestop, even the afterlite or afterlife whatever controllers they had, all the madcatz ones, ALL OF THEM WORK LIKE ASS. So I just get official $60 controllers for fear's sake

When I was using controller my config was:

A/X = Free
B/O = Free
X/S = Punch
Y/T = Kick

That's all I needed as P+K = X+Y/S+T, F+K = B+Y/O+T, F+P = A+X/X+S, F+P+K = A+B+X+Y/X+O+S+T

But now, since they won't let me map the same direction to more than one button, I had to change B/O to H+K to not screw me up so when I press B+Y/O+T it gives me H+K+K which is H+K. I mapped H+P+K to RB/R1 for easy stepping though.

S=Punch
T=Macro
O=Kick
X=Hold
L1=Grab
L2=Punch+Kick+Hold (Taunt)
R1=Punch+Kick (Hard Punch)
R2=Kick+Hold (Hard Kick)
Start=Macro
Select=Macro
L3=Macro
R3=Macro

Lows that stun are scary.

Helena has a few, and also that stun extension trick. And what feels like a couple of frame traps. How is she bad, again?

Don't tell me I sound like guys who say Nightmare is OP and has too much power and speed. Don't say it...

Lows that stun are scary.

Helena has a few, and also that stun extension trick. And what feels like a couple of frame traps. How is she bad, again?

Don't tell me I sound like guys who say Nightmare is OP and has too much power and speed. Don't say it...

lol she just really unsafe in this one and her damage a bit low.
also she can't use CB stun very well, like some people say "she playing DOA4 in DOA5".
still a good char i use her as my 2nd char.

Can someone tell me why I never get to select the stage? Every single time I play a quick match, the other guy gets to pick the stage. It obviously isn't random, because I literally never get to select. And I always seem to play against guys who think what stage we play on is the most important decision of his life judging by how long they take to pick it.

Back