Dear Legendary Souls mode:

Status
Not open for further replies.
LS AI has rubberbanding difficulty. If you just barely win each round it'll be much easier than if you kick its ass the first two rounds. It's designed to emulate human behavior to an extent. For example, it won't duck into Aeon 33K normally, but if you hit it with 11K twice in a row it'll duck into 33K. It's designed to be susceptible to mixups, essentially, and the tougher the human opponent fights back the better it gets at "guessing right" (which is, by necessity, input reading).

Certain mixups weren't accounted for (Ω stabbing after blocked 66B, Viola doing anything after Set 6B+K → 6B, Natsu 6B+KBBB, et cetera), which is why it never adapts to the various cheesing tactics people have discovered.

LS AI has rubberbanding difficulty. If you just barely win each round it'll be much easier than if you kick its ass the first two rounds.

Why is LS Nightmare still a joke then? I haven't lost a round to it(regardless of character) since I dropped Tira down to a sub.

It's designed to emulate human behavior to an extent. For example, it won't duck into Aeon 33K normally, but if you hit it with 11K twice in a row it'll duck into 33K. It's designed to be susceptible to mixups, essentially, and the tougher the human opponent fights back the better it gets at "guessing right" (which is, by necessity, input reading).

Certain mixups weren't accounted for (Ω stabbing after blocked 66B, Viola doing anything after Set 6B+K → 6B, Natsu 6B+KBBB, et cetera), which is why it never adapts to the various cheesing tactics people have discovered.

...That makes far too much sense. The actual mechanic for the AI must be stupidly and senselessly complex, I can't accept that. Come up with a less sensible explanation, remember we're talking Bamco here D:

I don't pretend to know anything about how AI is programmed. All I can say for sure is this:

SCV AI is a HELL of a lot more realistic than sc4's. It plays much closer to how people behave now. Even though it is better now, it's still far from what we would expect from people.

It will "adapt" do an extent(NOT like people), and I'm guessing this data is only temporarily stored in the RAM, and then instantly forgotten the moment you turn off the game. This seems to be the case, because whatever adaptations it makes within a short time, seems to all vanish the moment I pop the game in and play it again.

Namco could have been far lazier and just gave us SC3's AI bullshit, so they obviously put a good deal of time and energy into it.

I actually heard a rumor way back before the game even came out that PS had to scale back the AI, because apparently it was "too hard". It makes me curious how the original AI played, and makes me wish they had never made it easier, because at least for me, the AI is too easy.

Just picked up SCV finally the other day. It's been long enough, and it finally only cost me $20.

When I unlocked this mode---my eyebrows were infinitely stuck in 'surprise' position. Along with me
saying: "WTF!" about every other round.

I quickly realized that the AI's agenda in this mode is to bounce you (ironically just like in Tekken) and
combo you off of those as well as make sure you are in block stun and neutral stun as often as possible.
Why? Because SCV rewards offense. Defense is hugely anti-progressive.

The aggravating part about the AI in this mode, compared to all other Soul Calibur games is that it's
input commands are usually 100%. No matter what. I've even purposely tried to make the AI mess up
with certain characters to see if I could make the AI break stride. Nope. You might be saying:"Of
course the AI's inputs would be 100%---it's an AI---yeah but coupled with the just-frame moves in this
game and the AI doing them one after the other, over n' over n' over again, that sucks. Especially since
any errors---and you're then probably put in block stun---and then you're fucked. That's insane. LOL

Noticed right away that command input correctness was gonna be a bitch when I witnessed the AI making
characters crouch-dash when they don't even have stances (or other) to allow for it. I LOLed big time
when I first saw this.

Once you know how this mode's AI works, it's not that bad. But I will say the worst character in the entire
roster in this mode is definitely Nightmare with that reach and guard-crushing/block stun moves.

If you want to be really effing good in this game, play this mode only. Any character you're trying to be
better with---your skill level will rocket up.

Real men use dark skin.
I agree... sorta.
I can't stand the white.

Anyway, I realise I never linked this: ...here. It relates...
Really, the AI is just as stupid as it always is... the only difference is that the AI doesn't just stop inputting anything to let you hit them, and I suppose they're smarter about their choice of attacks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyway, I realise I never linked this: ...here. It relates...
Really, the AI is just as stupid as it always is... the only difference is that the AI doesn't just stop inputting anything to let you hit them, and I suppose they're smarter about their choice of attacks.

Hahahah. That's cheap as fuck. (awesome) Take that AI. Or rather, I'm shocked the AI doesn't do this. LMAO.

Last edited by a moderator:
SC5 SUCKS IF U HAVE NO XBOXLIVE!

Came back to LS after stop playing for awhile. Still shitty as hell.
Now I catch Killik's lows, but his random grabs are annoying as hell!
Nightmare still easy to beat (ALWAYS WAS)
Seigfried's spin shit to grab is still annoying but noticeable and always ready to duck.
Cervantes still easy (TIP:Sidestep & grab)
Edge Master still a combo spamming shit asshole face -.- (TIP: Sidestep & grab)
Elysium still a ridiculous just'ing bitch! SO FAST. GRAB THE LIFE OUT OF HER & THEN RO HER OUT
Algol is pretty easy.
Old time: 5 mins with Edge Master
New time: 26 mins with Elysium / 32 mins with Tira / 10 mins with Ivy

*Main Tip Yo :D spam high damaging combos*

SC5 SUCKS IF U HAVE NO XBOXLIVE!

Came back to LS after stop playing for awhile. Still shitty as hell.
Now I catch Killik's lows, but his random grabs are annoying as hell!
Nightmare still easy to beat (ALWAYS WAS)
Seigfried's spin shit to grab is still annoying but noticeable and always ready to duck.
Cervantes still easy (TIP:Sidestep & grab)
Edge Master still a combo spamming shit asshole face -.- (TIP: Sidestep & grab)
Elysium still a ridiculous just'ing bitch! SO FAST. GRAB THE LIFE OUT OF HER & THEN RO HER OUT
Algol is pretty easy.
Old time: 5 mins with Edge Master
New time: 26 mins with Elysium / 32 mins with Tira / 10 mins with Ivy

*Main Tip Yo :D spam high damaging combos*

So you did worse?

Legendary souls was a real pain i took it on with Hilde, i'd beat Edge master 2 rounds and he gets possessed at the third i never won it until one round he decided to jump the other side through a broken window and ringed himself out...ironic everyone else was reasonably "challengable"

I AM FUSTRATED
not because I can't finish Legendary Souls, it is actually very entertaining to see how that Elysium uses DNS B at its 15 frames, but my issue is that I want to surpass my best time with Natsu (I think it's 9 minutes) with Pyrrha Omega, but I always end up at like 11-13 minutes and well, any advices to go faster with omega?

I AM FUSTRATED
not because I can't finish Legendary Souls, it is actually very entertaining to see how that Elysium uses DNS B at its 15 frames, but my issue is that I want to surpass my best time with Natsu (I think it's 9 minutes) with Pyrrha Omega, but I always end up at like 11-13 minutes and well, any advices to go faster with omega?

Use any frametrap (4B?) and then immediately do a quick move. Should hit almost every time (I haven't tried this specific frametrap out, but LS AI's suck against frame traps in general. Some can react properly to -2 frametraps, but not to +/-0 and "frametraps" that give positive frames).

To me by far the most difficult to defeat is elysium :/
She spams those DNS stabs out of nowhere and always with JF and fiery fireworks.
And as opposed to EM's JFT, -14 on block and pushback makes it quite difficult to punish her.
Also the distance she can ring me out of is quite shocking.

anyway, my best time would be 7:53 with natsu. I guess I could cut it down by half a minute or so, but elysium always screws me up. But Im happy with it and dont feel any further need to improve it.
Im able to finish LS in a reasonable time around 15min with my other chars: cervantes, siegfried and yoshimitsu, but its nowhere near my natsu's time.
jaswKUImpnihtbuOtv_6gvp3cL5aNet_kwNfOjcQsMA.jpg
Why is LS Nightmare still a joke then? I haven't lost a round to it(regardless of character) since I dropped Tira down to a sub.
sounds impressive, You must know nightmare MU really well.
I agree that among LS cast he is definitely one of the weakest, but even he sometimes 'transforms' and starts blocking everything, breaking all the throws and mixing up his attacks really well and ends up pummeling me mercilessly, but yes it happens very infrequently comparing to EM / Elys / Algol

Even though LS is nowhere near as difficult as playing real good human players, it still is fun to play and it does give You some basic understanding of Your and LS characters's punishers, unsafe moves etc.

I would love to have LS difficulty for EVERY character, not just those 7, in the next game

Use any frametrap (4B?) and then immediately do a quick move. Should hit almost every time (I haven't tried this specific frametrap out, but LS AI's suck against frame traps in general. Some can react properly to -2 frametraps, but not to +/-0 and "frametraps" that give positive frames).
Tried this yesterday, I ended up at 17 minutes :( frame traps require time and I have been losing a lot of :4 on the stabs lately...
I would love to have LS difficulty for EVERY character, not just those 7, in the next game

I agree with you in this, and I also agree on the fact that Elysium is the most difficult character to fight against in LS, you can't even make a minor mistake because she will DNS B you for almost a half of your life bar... I wish I could do the just frames like she does :(

Tried this yesterday, I ended up at 17 minutes :( frame traps require time and I have been losing a lot of :4 on the stabs lately...

Then try something else. I got 11 minutes 40 seconds with Leixia (44aB. 33BB if it hits, FC3B if it's blocked). Just... I don't know, frame trap into 3B if that works. Frame trap into 6BB4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back