Dear Legendary Souls mode:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beaten Legendary Souls a few times in about 20 minutes with a CaS Xiba. After awhile I got bored and made a little story for myself involving her training under Kilik before going on a journey to defeat some of his past foes. It's a nice warm up before going online. Really does teach you to have good reactions and to be aggressive... or die.

Finally beat that mode for the first today with a truly horrible time (well, a bit better than 99'59'59), using Kilik. Not funny how many times I messed things up or got styles that I'm really, really bad with (like Dampierre and Z.W.E.I.). Well, I'll try it with Elysium next and after that probably with some styles that are not mimics. All in all I must say that the LS AI didn't feel more difficult than the best Quick Battle AI (apart from the power of Elysium's (D)NS B attacks OF DOOM).

Edge Master was worst, followed by Xiba and Elysium. On the other hand Nightmare went down on 1st try and Siegfried and Algol on 2nd try.

So nothing to brag about, eh ? I know, but the ending of that mode made me really lol ... and a bit nostalgic. How did I win ? Well, Algol jumped into the abyss, true Tower of Lost Souls style. :D

Last edited:
I have to stop playing this mode for good, or better yet stop playing the AI period.

Honestly how can you people stand online at all? I know it's leagues better than sc4's but it's still unplayable for me. I can't even block low on a slow as balls slow that I would see a mile away.

I'm still trying to understand why anyone plays fighting games online at all, let alone tournaments.

But back to the point, I'm stuck. Online is trash, AI is trash, and the few people I HAVE managed to meet up with locally IN PERSON all ended up being trash.

At this point I don't want to give up on this game but I see no other alternative. Without decent competition it's pointless to play this game unfortunately. And I can pretty much forget about traveling for a tourney, my wife would never let me spend money on something so frivolous.

Goodbye Soul Calibur. It was nice knowing you :(

I have to stop playing this mode for good, or better yet stop playing the AI period.

Honestly how can you people stand online at all? I know it's leagues better than sc4's but it's still unplayable for me. I can't even block low on a slow as balls slow that I would see a mile away.

I'm still trying to understand why anyone plays fighting games online at all, let alone tournaments.

But back to the point, I'm stuck. Online is trash, AI is trash, and the few people I HAVE managed to meet up with locally IN PERSON all ended up being trash.

At this point I don't want to give up on this game but I see no other alternative. Without decent competition it's pointless to play this game unfortunately. And I can pretty much forget about traveling for a tourney, my wife would never let me spend money on something so frivolous.

Goodbye Soul Calibur. It was nice knowing you :(

You're in NC right? Come to Raleigh in two weeks for the Fall Classic, I can assure you plenty of competition will be present there.

I remember beating LS in 00:07:54 on an offline account. When I get the chance, I'mma try and beat my old record of 8 minutes. Am I gloating a bit? Yeah.

Took me at least 70+ to beat this damn mode,(On my Silver Account). This is when I played Xiba as my main. I flew threw Kilik cause he left himself open a lot. Nightmare didn't know how to block low for me. Siegfried gave me hell cause of all his spinning in circles, and then it got worse. Cervantes was doing iGDR on me just about everytime he had the chance. Edge Master, he would hit me with wall combos and the JF Twister, or would somehow know my next input. Then their was Elysium.... Took me the longest cause she was relentless.

I know they say hell hath no fury than a women scorned, but she didn't have to take it out on me. XD
Then Algol was a joke. He couldn't block, he tried to do too many aerial moves, which in turn would result in 2 ring outs, then a perfect.
Honestly, I only did this mode cause I thought I would get alternate costumes or something, but no.
I wasn't too happy but I was the first among my friends to beat it so that's the only plus.
Other than that, Legendary Souls can just sit and look pretty. I will only do it for the one achievement the game has.

Maybe it's because our connections aren't total shit? I haven't encountered any of the issues you mention and I've been playing since release day.

Also, we enjoy competitive play because we enjoy having fun with other people. I don't see what's so difficult to grasp about that.

I was
Maybe it's because our connections aren't total shit? I haven't encountered any of the issues you mention and I've been playing since release day.

Also, we enjoy competitive play because we enjoy having fun with other people. I don't see what's so difficult to grasp about that.
I was talking about online tournaments, just to clarify. Offline is a whole different story.

You're in NC right? Come to Raleigh in two weeks for the Fall Classic, I can assure you plenty of competition will be present there.
Raleigh is about an hour drive. I know I sound like a cheap-ass when I say I can't afford the gas money but I'm being honest.

Right now my priority is getting a job, since I just finished school. I can't be driving for an hour when I have to borrow money just to pay the rent.

I appreciate the offer though, it's just not in the cards for me.

Edit: I probably would go anonymous anyway, as in, not tell anyone that I'm D-I-S. Especially since everyone seems to hate me, I think it's best if they don't have a face to go with a user name.

Last edited:
I'll be here waiting with bated breath for next month's instalment.
I pop in from time to time, just to see if there's any new developments in the SC universe. Sc2 HD was fantastic news to me, though I must admit I am guilty of nostalgia to a certain degree.

I no longer want the classic GI back. There, I said it. Going back and forth between Sc5 and sc2 (ps2 version) has made me realize why it was changed to include meter in the first place. Apparently, I had forgotten that in sc2 GI works against grabs, which I loath with every fiber of my being. For some reason I thought that mechanic was unique to sc3, but I was totally wrong.

Not only that, I'm finding that there's a ton of moves that I don't even see the point in using. Maybe shortening the move lists WAS the right decision all along, and my biased pre-conceived notions of Soul Calibur were wrong.

Nostalgia is a bitch. All the old school elder scrolls fans keep telling me "try Morrowind" like a broken fucken record. Well I did try it, and I fucking HATE that game. No map markers, no fast travel (except those ferry's), and the stupid mechanic of "MISS MISS MISS" whenever you try to swing at something. Seriously, fuck that game.

Sorry for going WAAY off topic, so I'm just gonna stop right here :)

Dude, Morrowind is amazing, the only bad thing about the game is that the combat system sucks ass, the story/quests/roaming etc is great, and if you are playing on PC, just download mods to use the Oblivion or Skyrim combat system for it and bam, you have one of the best RPG games ever.

Edit: I probably would go anonymous anyway, as in, not tell anyone that I'm D-I-S. Especially since everyone seems to hate me, I think it's best if they don't have a face to go with a user name.
Which is why so many people dislike you. Maybe if you actually went and had fun instead of bitching about a game we all love, just maybe, people would like you.

Who's bitching? Did you not read my post about me praising sc5? Check your reading comprehension skills. I'm guessing english is not your first language?

Who's bitching? Did you not read my post about me praising sc5? Check your reading comprehension skills. I'm guessing english is not your first language?
Right. Pretend like you don't know what I'm talking about. smh

Last edited:
Online helps your offline game. You play online to hone your reflexes and learn what's safe, unsafe and what counters what. So what if you can't always block lows/break grabs/sidestep horizontals, etc. on reaction?

I can do all of that offline thanks to online, even if I don't always succeed online. It's become a reflex/muscle memory thing for me to duck grabs and jump lows on reaction offline thanks to online grinding.

I don't have any latency issues with SCV, and it's very, very minor with most other games. That's why.

I think it is justified.
Because of something I said over a year ago, got it.

If there was any incentive left for me to attend events, you just affirmed yet another reason why I should just stay away.

Who knows some jackass hell bent on revenge because I insulted him online, me might take a sledge hammer to my car or something, who knows.

Point is, I've lived in some bad neighborhoods where people do that kind of shit because you looked at them funny. Based on what I've observed, some of you seem like you could be of the "ghetto" type.

Some of you get so bent out of shape because HOW DARE someone criticize something they love. That's pretty much the gist of 95% of flame wars. Shit isn't worth fighting about sometimes and you people are determined to argue.

Can you imagine if I went through life arguing with every christian and god believer, telling them they're basically fools? Just try to think how miserable it would be arguing with bible-thumpers that surround you because you live in the bible-belt South! Would you want to go through life where 90% of your coworkers, your fellow students, and friends all think you're some kind of devil-worshiping heathen? And yes I have been fired from a job because I didn't believe in god!

You have no idea how much I have to bite my tongue.
When I see some of you nitpicking everyone for everything you disagree with, it just makes me laugh in pity. We all live very short lives and we shouldn't waste it arguing over petty and arbitrary shit all the time.

Last edited:
Can you imagine if I went through life arguing with every christian and god believer, telling them they're basically fools?
Except that's pretty much what you've been doing since this game came out.

And maybe I'm speaking for myself here, but I think the community would welcome you with their arms open if you skipped all the drama and just played the damn game. I know I would :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back