Dear Legendary Souls mode:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must be getting better, or used to the AI. I did it again today with NM in 20 minutes.

With such an improved AI, you would think it would be better at blocking fast lows. I tried not to abuse 1K because I was trying to have fun and learn.

I'm actually suprised I mustered up the willpower to finish the mode, I was at it for between 60-70 minutes (using Mitsu for anyone who wants to know) and there were a few times where I was really thinking of just giving up but somehow I managed. I noticed once I started using the brave edge moves more often it made things a lot easier, also I was forced to really pay attention to the AI's attacks to know when to try and get a hit in. It's a pretty hard mode but the satisfaction of beating it is UNREAL. :P

Yeah, okay, this is just stupid.

Edge Master is basically impossible to beat without cheesing... and I've yet to find any consistent way to cheese him with Aeon. I mean literally everything I do is unsafe because of his constant use of JF attacks of every possible type. Hell, he gets just one throw off and it's a quarter of my health bar gone, wtf am I supposed to do about that?

Siiiiigh.

for those that cleared edgemaster without sweat, my hats off to u.
Ivy in ranked in difficulty:spam 214B and BB.
edgemaster
elysium
algol

edgemaster
- umbrella is virtually safe. Startup <10f? hard to step. it combos ground splats making any CH a combo...it should not combo to itself for 50 dmg lol.
- silly. his CE connects from CH 2A.

elysium
-step G. Don't get hit by her 236A.
algol
-his slow when he 8wr. also less throw break hax.

I had most trouble with Elysium using Ivy. I felt like the AI was reading my inputs and doing instant 236B/TASB to interrupt my moves... thank God no human can play like that.

- silly. his CE connects from CH 2A.
There are no frame differences between NH and CH in SCV. 2A and CH 2A are both +8 so it connects from NH 2A as well.

FINALLY beat Edgemaster... mostly by cheesing him with 3B every time I saw an opening. Took me 55 minutes to finally get ahold of his pattern. Good grief.

Maybe I'll try again later, I'll probably have absolutely no trouble beating my time, heh...

I had most trouble with Elysium using Ivy. I felt like the AI was reading my inputs and doing instant 236B/TASB to interrupt my moves... thank God no human can play like that.

It's so ridiculous, right? One of her really fast stabs can take away a little bit less than half my health. I learned how to beat her, though, even if it's cheap. I use Leixia's 3B+K,K on repeat until it gets through and damages her, or her guard breaks and I can do a Brave Edge combo.

I managed to beat the entire thing in 40 minutes, which is good considering the 200 minutes it took for me the first time. Once I learned how to mess with Nightmare he's the second easiest, after Sieg.

Took me 40 minutes, thankfully the 6bk-bbb natsu move was the only taki move I remembered from sc4 lol..

All was easy cept for Elysium. I did a A grab ABK corner ring out for the final match! Got the achievement!

Okay, this is my first post, signed up because I can't play for shit and I don't know what you mean by "6bk-bbb", what does the 6 mean? Could someone please explain it to me? Thanks.

Time it took to beat Shitlysium - 16'29'25
Time it took to beat Algol - 01'31'85 LOL! Total time just under 40 minutes, and goddamn the difference between Edgemaster/Elysium and Algol is noticeable. This was all with Siegfried BTW, I take my hat off to any Ivys that managed to do it with her, I physically could not beat Kilik T_T She doesn't have enough exploitable lows, and the AI for everyone except EM is literally immune to grabs, so no spamming SS/CS. And God forbid you have the AUDACITY to try and land a CE, lololol. My stategy with Sieggy was basically "3B. 1AA. 3B. 2A+B>A. 3B..."

Ah, thanks. I think I've probably spent more time on this than anyone else, I took a break last night but I played legendary souls from 1pm on the 3rd all the way to 8pm on the 4th without stopping. I maxed the timer out on every single character and edgemaster took me about 7 hours before I gave up.

So if I managed to beat Quick Battle, should I have enough ''skill'' to at least do part of the Legendary Soul? I keeps hearing bad, and then someone saying they did it in 20 minutes? I haven't tried it yet, so I want to know if I need more preparation before going insane.

If I really needed to cheese the AI I could do like I did in QB with basicaly gatling gunning B with Viola, just B no direction ever, just block once in a while if I have to.

Or basicaly also, is there any reason to do that mode outside that trophy you can do on the first battle? I haven't heard anything about that, sorry if it's been anwsered before but there's like 9 pages of stuff to read in there, mostly wall of text xD

I found the best way to kill them is to turtle and punish. What's hilarious is that the AI plays FAR more aggressively than I do!

Ah, thanks. I think I've probably spent more time on this than anyone else, I took a break last night but I played legendary souls from 1pm on the 3rd all the way to 8pm on the 4th without stopping. I maxed the timer out on every single character and edgemaster took me about 7 hours before I gave up.
No problem, man. If you have any problems with the numerical annotations, just take a quick look at the numerical keypad in your keyboard ( 4=:4:,8=:8:,etc).

Keep trying,bro. You'll get there.

Best of luck, and see you around.

That's some dedication! Seems like your a masochistic gamer like me! I personally like being beaten, to a point, so this is the perfect game for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back