Dear Legendary Souls mode:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beat this mode when I was a scrub using Omega, just BB'd and AA'd that shit.

Took 22 minutes.

I laugh at the LS Sieg doing 3B after SCH kBE. He's easy as pie given he hasn't activated "Godlike input read mode". They always fall for the agA followed by another agA. Frametraps rape these people.
Actually scratch that: It doesn't even combo the best way possible half the time
While very true, Elysium and Edgemaster are all I have to say. Lol

Going in for another shot. For the achievement, does the last hit of the last round with Algol have to be Brave Edge?

Edit: Fuck this.

Win any round of any match with any hit from a brave edge move. Note that this includes ringouts.

beat legendary souls with ZWEI around 26 minutes. Could of done it faster if it wasnt for Cervantes constant iGDR

This game has gotten to the point where it's a love/hate relationship for me. Let me explain a bit;

It's dawned on me that if you don't play this game everyday, you'll start to lose some things. Memory and familiarity gets fuzzier and fuzzier the more frequent your long periods of time off are. That being said, I still feel like "I got it" in my bones still, but my extremely busy new schedule has greatly obstructed me from playing as much as I want to.

Point being, I'm slowly but surely losing my "skills" if I ever had any to start with. It saddens me greatly to think that I no longer have enough time to enjoy this wonderfully great series that I feel in love with back in 2003. Today I was dropping combos that I never drop, slipping on not-so-hard execution moves, and generally unable to react the same way as before.

This isn't to say that this loss of skill is permanent, I can always spring back once I have more time on my hands. It's a love/hate thing for me because I absolutely LOVE Soul Calibur, but hate the fact that the game needs constant practice to even maintain your skill.

I noticed this change when my legendary souls time got longer and longer. I can't feasibly blame this change on the patch either.

Of course if you cannot JG, then making use if common punishment tools is good also, like side-stepping, ducking, and GI'ing the last hit or slow hit (like Raph prep BB BE).
Oh please, don't GI Raphael's prep BB BE. I'm not supposed to be saying this, but just sidestep it. You'll save 1/2 bar and he'll be BT.
-DC:sc5nm1:

Easiest way to pass this, pick viola and when the orb is set, go b,b,b U+b+A. They always fall for the U+B+A no matter what you do after b b b lol

Really, it should work with pretty much any attack that gives you +frames. As long as you get the startup going before they launch into an attack, they'll guard it and then try to retaliate and get hit by whatever you throw at them.

Finally beat Legendary Souls mode a couple days ago. 60 minutes flat with Maxi. I don't know why it took so long, I'm really not that bad at the game, I mean, I'm no champion or anything like that, but I would humbly say my Maxi is getting pretty decent. Elysium took the longest for me... I didn't realize that when Elysium is Omega she gets some good shit.

Finally beat Legendary Souls mode a couple days ago. 60 minutes flat with Maxi. I don't know why it took so long, I'm really not that bad at the game, I mean, I'm no champion or anything like that, but I would humbly say my Maxi is getting pretty decent. Elysium took the longest for me... I didn't realize that when Elysium is Omega she gets some good shit.
That Elysium match was a Nightmare. It pretty much devolved into 1B, RO AK/RO Ag, Grab.

I've beaten it with Seig in under 20 minutes now that I feel comfortable with the moveset. However, I will completely agree with everything about it being utter bullcrap.

The fastest I've finished Legendary Souls is around the 12min mark using Cervantes without the CPU winning a single match; now the next step is to win with fewer round loses.

My thoughts? Legendary Souls should be a feature unlocked after you accomplished Time Attack under a certain time, but then again SC5 was rushed.

Under 20 mins with Yoshi. Everyone I versus, is okay.....except Elysium, Cervy, and Edgemaster. Those gave me a hard time. Especially Elysium.....

Now to try a different character against them.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back