Defending Soul Calibur 2 Part 1: An Old Man Shakes his Fist in the Air

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh please, SC II is overrated beyond words.
People are only bitching because unless you are, Street Fighter, any game with flaws will be flamed, also nostalgia sells but don't correct the flaws of the game.

I don't hate SC2. I just disagree with the people who say it's the best game ever. If that was the case, then people would actually show up to play it offline. I can still watch 3rd Strike being played in the arcade. I still see people haul cabinets and bring Super guns for ST. Dreamcast consoles and sticks are even rarer than ones for the PS2, yet there's still people that show up for MVC2. Where's all the SC2 players at?

The state that SC2HD is in shows me how much Namco cared about releasing a decent port. No lobbies and having to constantly send invites or search for matches for a game focused on online play in 2013 is ridiculous. Now were are into a week after release and most people have stopped caring about it which is sad for a game that's supposed to be the best in the series.

What I never understood is the need for SC2 players to shit on everything that's not SC2 when we could be taking the approach of if you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours and support each other. I guess it's too late for that to happen.

People can say what they want or write walls of text, but my judgement is based on people's actions, or inaction when it comes to this game. I've already seen my fair share of people during SC4's lifespan where they either grew up playing SC2 but couldn't be bothered to show up for it, or when we did run a tournament for it, they get their ass beat by someone that knows how to play and you never see them again.

Anyway, if you want to start a scene for SC2, great. Don't write a novel about it on a forum, just do it.

What I never understood is the need for SC2 players to shit on everything that's not SC2 when we could be taking the approach of if you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours and support each other. I guess it's too late for that to happen.

Come now, one pretentious prick is not a representation of the entire SC2 fanbase.

we need a SC 2 upgrate. The actual SC2 HD , has bad netcode. no rooms, no replays, no good practicle options. some character dont see right. bad strip weapon animation(bad time animation?), and other shit's

Come now, one pretentious prick is not a representation of the entire SC2 fanbase.

Do you think I'd be worried about just one guy?

The people I've met offline have been great. Others are just nothing but talk online. Then you have those who only played SC2 because of Link, or had the greatest of time mashing buttons in their mom's basement but can't be bothered to play it now because they've moved on to Street Fighter or whatever game they happen to be playing now. That's been my experience.

I just want to see more players actually come out of the house to play it instead of just telling me how good the game is.

100% agree, now that we had almost two years of people shit talking sc5, now its sc5 players chance to get back at sc2 players, propagating the same circle of senseless hatred, BREAK OUT OF THE CYCLE YOU MINDLESS TWATS
Quoted for muthafucking truth! I'd get into it a lot more but I'm tired of talking to sheep. At least I respect the "shepherds" who are coming from a place of experience and knowledge and have a genuine dislike for this game. To the rest of you, ON BOTH SIDES...BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH MUTHAFUCKIN BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

It's not?..
It is. Sigh...guys get over yourself and just say it already. Soul Blade/SC1 were a good start, SC3 was a trainwreck, SC4 was unbalance and SC5 was unfinished. SC Legends...shall not be spoken of. LBSH SC2 was when this game was the most popular and the most hype. Why are people getting mega butthrut at the obvious?

Now about this port...it ain't good. It's not good from what I'm hearing. I mean I love SC2 and all, but seriously WTF type of this shit is this. I feel Namco is faze out SC. I mean Tekken is doing so well that Sc is pretty much becoming an afterthought and the only thing we got going for ourselves is the CAS mode and that's it.

It is. Sigh...guys get over yourself and just say it already. Soul Blade/SC1 were a good start, SC3 was a trainwreck, SC4 was unbalance and SC5 was unfinished. SC LEgends...shall not be spoken of. LBSH SC2 was when this game was the most popular and the most hype. Why are people getting mega butthrut at the obvious?
You should enter SC5 at nec. I will MM you in sc2 if you do.

but some of us are allergic to sunlight, and socializing

So SC2 is full of vampiric nerds?

Anyway, it doesn't matter what game people want to defend because people aren't coming out in droves for either game. All this infighting does is just makes the entire community look stupid. But you have NEC this week and the tournament in Norcal at the end of the month to go to. Rep yo shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back