DEVASTATION 2011 Outlook/Preview Thread

@ krayzie, most likely his are so steep because it is an international flight.

@ partisan, if i were you i would look into flying from buffalo or other airports in new england. most likely it would knock a couple hundred dollars off of the cost.

Im interested too, tough I would need to see, last year I didn´t attend cause my flight was super expensive, like, 700 dls... I payed that to Philly anyway, but at least my sister livs near Philly, that´s why I took the chance, the sooner this is confirmed, I might be able to get cheaper flight, right now is about 350 dls... but that might change really soon.

go right on ahead lolo. announcement to come later on tonight when i am not on this horrid phone browser.

Yeah, it's confirmed... we're just not ready to make the announcement thread at this time. It won't be much longer though.

from what I've seen, I'm actually being nice with a 200$ challenge. I'm only trying to break even on the plane ticket expenses. I would take 400$, if I was mean. Either way, it's pretty easy to assume he won't make it anyways :/

But yeah, I just wanted to see if we could get the ball rolling. I'll save it though. Also, NFK, I'm down for a 5-10$ MM. we'll talk when we see each other.

The fact that you think i wont come makes me lose respect for your challenge.

If and when we have a tournament in Toronto, a tournament your sure ill come to, i wanna see what kind of bets you make.

xD i cant wait to see your face when you see how inferior you are to me. LMAO calling it now your gonna end up bitching that i used algol.

on the other hand if we play and you win. ill give you respects and gladly pay the agreed sum to the better player.

If and when we have a tournament in Toronto, a tournament your sure ill come to, i wanna see what kind of bets you make.

xD i cant wait to see your face when you see how inferior you are to me. LMAO calling it now your gonna end up bitching that i used algol.

on the other hand if we play and you win. ill give you respects and gladly pay the agreed sum the the better player.
lol, okay.

I still haven't ever made it out to a Devestation tournament, so I would really like to make this one. The only thing is that the dates you guys have is shortly after the expected birth of my first child, so I can't really predict what financial situation I'll be in after that. Gonna try my best to save up specifically for this. I miss all you scrubs. :)

btw, will the new MK have a featured tournament there? I'm planning on getting into that game competitively so long as it doesn't fail as a competitive game like all the other ones.

oof i'll check into MK9 for ya. it is pretty safe to say that, barring unforeseen garbage-ness, it will be on the roster. i'll try to get a confirmation in the next couple days though.

on the other hand if we play and you win. ill give you respects and gladly pay the agreed sum to the better player.

So you're not gonna show because he thinks you won't show?

So you're not gonna show because he thinks you won't show?

No dude, read! Choas thinks Xeph is only betting so much money because he doesn't think Chaos will be even able to make such a far trip as Devastation. Now if Chaos already said his flight was already bought and he was 100% confirmed for Dev and THEN Xeph made that bet then it'd be different. But knowing Xeph, I think he's just that confident that he'll beat Chaos. It's a match I'd like to see, that's for sure.

I started saving money once I heard about this, only got $100 saved up though. If I go I challenge xeph to a mm $5 since i'm broke like that.

I started saving money once I heard about this, only got $100 saved up though. If I go I challenge xeph to a mm $5 since i'm broke like that.
That'd be tight if you made it down; finally get to kick it, and for sure. I'm down for whatever MM/Casuals/Drinking.

Oh, and yes to everything KrayzieCD said.

We'd love to highlight some big money matches (on the stream if possible). So if Xeph and Chaos1x can both make it out, let's do it up!

I still haven't ever made it out to a Devestation tournament, so I would really like to make this one. The only thing is that the dates you guys have is shortly after the expected birth of my first child, so I can't really predict what financial situation I'll be in after that. Gonna try my best to save up specifically for this. I miss all you scrubs. :)

btw, will the new MK have a featured tournament there? I'm planning on getting into that game competitively so long as it doesn't fail as a competitive game like all the other ones.

It'd be nice to have you and any other Canadians in the house. Unfortunately, we can't do much about the dates because we're trying to keep some distance between DEV and Season's Beatings (as well as other reasons). Congrats on the first child though!

I can confirm that MK9 will be a featured game. Even if it's a broken mess, it will probably still be at DEV in some form. Right now I can confirm the following games:

MvC3
MK9
Super SF4 (hopefully AE by then)
Soul Calibur IV

Back