3. Combos
4. Enemy Counters
5. Okizeme, Post GI, and Post Guard Break
a. Okizeme
b. Post GI
c. Post Guard Break
6. Conclusion

1. INTRODUCTION
Hello, I am The Guy, or Squidkraken on XBL, and I have been a Devil Jin player since the day that I bought this game. His combo potential and move set intrigued me. Since I have began this game, I have never been able to find any guides, even though he deserves one, and so I am here today to Start one. I do not consider myself extremely skilled, and so criticism and corrections are welcomed.
Devil Jin is very good at punishing and comboing, as well as applying pressure. The main weaknesses of devil jin is his lack of range, lack of tracking, and lack of guard break. His moves are quite fast and sometimes even resist air control. He is not the easiest character to play though, so don't feel ashamed if you just feel like you can't get him quickly. Just a warning for online play, you will probably get hate mail if you become good
Here is the basis of Devil Jin (From the Tekken wiki):
Devil Jin (Debiru Jin) is a character who made his first appearance as a fully playable character in Tekken 5. He represents Jin Kazama after he has succumbed to the effects of the Devil Gene and is one of the main antagonists in the series.
Without further ado, here is the guide! Just recently I have added devil jin in the counters section. Dammit, why can't i just god damn edit?

2. Basic, Useful Moves
images
To learn Devil Jin, you must know his useful moves and when to use them. The damage on all of these moves is with the 3rd height option. We will begin With his stances. If I give no safety or impact numbers, it means that I cannot find them out. If I have no properties, it means that it is just a normal hit.
a: Stances
FLY
Fly is a very linear stance that is EASILY counterable. It can, however, be used in combos and to catch people off guard.You can enter FLY by pressing :8::B+K:. Fly is a tech jump, meaning that unless it physically hits upwards into you, you will dodge all attacks. Most characters have attacks that do this, however, so use fly with caution. Here are some ways to enter FLY:
:2::2:/:8::8: :K:, :K: :8:
Damage- 38
Hits- Mid, Mid
Properties-Launch
Usefulness- 7/10
This move is great for sidestepping verticals, and when it hits it can be followed up with FLY K, or FLY :B+K:/:6: :B+K: on less skilled opponents. This move also tech jumps even without the :8:.
:7: :K: :8:
Damage- 20
Properties- Launch
Hits- Mid
Usefulness- 5/10
This move is relatively quick, and tech jumps even before it fly's. This can be used for mind games if the opponent is expecting a low. Can be followed up with FLY+:K: for unavoidable damage or FLY :B+K: against less skilled opponents.
:3: :K:,:B:,:K: :8:
Damage-12, 10, 20=42
Properties- Launch
Hits- Mid Mid Mid
Usefulness- 6/10
This move does not only bring you into FLY for unavoidable damage if it hits, but it can also be used on a CH :4::K:. A good wall combo ( and the only one I know of that uses FLY :B:) Is CH :4::K:, :4::6: :A: :A: :B: W!, :3: :K:, :B:, :K::8: W!, FLY :B:.

WT :B+K:
Damage- 15
Properties-Launch
Hits- Mid
Usefulness- 5/10
This move always seems to catch people off guard, and it launches them nicely and puts you into FLY. If they block this, you can always try to follow up.
FLY follow ups:
FLY :K:
Damage-16
Hits- Mid
Usefulness- 6/10
One of the best moves in fly. It is relatively safe on block( and the moves that would hit you are typically weak), and puts you into a TC on landing. Any move that leads into FLY that hits can lead into this attack, and then they have to face your okizeme game. It is punishable on whiff, so some will sidestep if they block what leads into fly (Or If you decide to do it manually).

FLY :A:
Damage-12
Properties- CH hit stun
Hits- High
Usefulness- 4/10
This move, while it somewhat tracks to the left, is very weak and only has hitstun on counter hit. If you can hit counter hit, however, you may follow up with a combo such as CH FLY :A:, :4::6: :A: :A: :3::B:, EWGF. Another would be CH FLY :A:, :4::6: :A: :A: :3::B:, :6::2::3: :A::9: :BE:.

FLY :B:
Damage-50
Properties- Attack Throw
Hits- Mid
Usefullness- 3/10
This is a hard move to use. There might be ONE combo that can use this effectively, and can be ended in a different, equally effective way. Use this move rarely. If you really want to find a use for this move, CH :4::K:, :4::6: :A::A::B: W!, :3: :K:,:B:,:K: W!, FLY :B: will do almost half a life bar, but you have better options without that move.

Fly :A+B:/:6::A+B:
Damage-50
Properties- Unblockable
Hits- Mid?
Usefulness- 5/10
Laser beams! Hell yeah! actually no. While these are cool, infinite ranged unblockables, most people can and will sidestep or roll these things. Less skilled players may fall for it however. The :6::A+B: version moves to the direction you press before firing. Actually, it seems even skilled players miss it if you get them used to you not doing it, use this to your advantage.
ADVANCED STEP (AS)
Anyone who has played Tekken knows that this is the bread and butter of the Mishima family (Heihachi, Kazuya, and Devil Jin). This moves you a short distance whilst crouching. While you are crouching, many moves are open up to you. To do this move, you press :6::2::3:. To wave dash, or AS many times in a row, you simply start with 623 and keep doing :2::3::6::2::3::6::2::3::6::2::3::6:. This can be used to play mind games and trick the opponent to make a costly mistake. Without further ado, let us begin.
:4::B::3:
Damage-12
Hits- Mid
Usefulness- 6/10
This is the only move that puts you directly into AS other than AS itself. This is a huge mind game set up. Are you going for :6::2::3: :A:? :6::2::3: :B:? :6::2::3: :K:,:K:? They won't know unless you are predictable, so don't be with this move. Something I like to do is do 10 hit string, then stop at random points, do this and then :6::2::3: :K:,:K:. AS is interruptable on block, so it only gets 6/10.

:6::2::3::A::9:
Damage- 28, 33= 61.
Properties- Attack throw for the 9
Hits-Mid
Impact- i24
Safety- Normal:-16
Usefulness-8/10
While this move is unsafe on block, it is actually quite good. Holding :9: will lead into an Attack Throw for a good chunk of their health.The move can be followed up with :K: or :2::K: for a 50/ 50 that can keep them guessing. The :K: and :2::K: themselves deal 12 and 16 damage respectively, and hit mid and low respectively. This move is not as good as the :BE: version, but can totally catch people off guard and eat a quarter of their health. Mix this up with :6::2::3: :K:,:K: and people will make mistakes.

:6::2::3: :K:, :K:
Damage-12, 15+27
Properties- Knockdown on first hit
Hits- Low, Mid
Impact- i24
Safety- -18, -18
Usefulness- 9/10
Though it is unsafe, :6::2::3: :K:, :K: is a move you will be using a lot. This move hits low then mid. If the first one hits, so does the next. Wavedashing and mixing this up with :6::2::3: :A::9: :K:/:2::K: will always keep your opponent on the edge. Great move

:6::2::3: :B:/ :6::2::3:+:B:
Damage- :6::2::3: :B:: 30,
:6::2::3:+:B:: 35
Properties- Launch for both and break attack for :6::2::3:+:B:
Hits- High
Impact- :6::2::3: :B:: i15,
:6::2::3:+:B:: i14
Safety- :6::2::3: :B:: -8,
:6::2::3:+:B:: +6
Usefulness- :6::2::3: :B:: 0/10,
:6::2::3:+:B:: 10/10
Why would you ever use :6::2::3: :B: when you could use the Legendary EWGF? :6::2::3: :B: is slower, weaker, can be air controlled, is - frames on block, and isn't a break attack. EWGF, also known as rape, is very fast, cannot be air controlled, gives + frames on block, is great for comboing, is a break attack, is great for comboing, looks cool, is great for comboing, scares the opponent, is a great whiff punisher, and did I mention that it was great for comboing? EWGF is done by pressing :3: and :B: in :6::2::3: at the same time, don't be fooled by the people who say that it needs to be done fast. Doing EWGF consistently is not easy though. All I can recommend is to find a motion that works for you and try to master it. Do not spam this move, it may be amazing, but it is high and will be whiffed on opponents who know what they are doing. Did I mention that it can chain into itself 3 times after the initial one for 104 damage, not including clean hits?
b: Moves

And yes, Devil Jin's normal moves. Most of these are quite fast, but unsafe on block. There are exceptions, and as usual if there is no impact or safety, then I cannot find them. These are not all of the moves, just the useful ones.
:A: :A: :B:
Damage- 8, 8, 18= 34
Properties- Knockdown
Hits- High High High
Impact- i10
Safety- -8, -8, -18
Usefulness- 8/10
This move hits on frame TEN. You can chain the whole string safely if the first one hits, for a total of 34 damage. The last hit is unsafe and should not be used unless the first two attacks can hit. Can begin with 6 to increase range by advancing slightly. Use this when the opponent has done an unsafe move that you block or dodge safer than -13, but not below -10 (you will get to know the moves that are unsafe with experience)
:A: :B: :A:
Damage- 8, 14, 18=40
Impact- i10
Safety- -8, -8, -18 on block
Usefulness- 8/10
This is just another followup to A, though it is stronger. If you can hit with A, then this should be your follow up. Just as with :A: :A: :B: however, the last hit is unsafe and should not be used if the first two hits do not hit. Can begin with :6: to increase range by advancing slightly. Use when an opponent has done an unsafe attack on whiff or block. When I think about it though, :A::A::B: does knock down, so I can see its usefulness over this.
:4::6: :A: :A: :B:/ :3::B:
Damage-10,10,23 and 10, 10, 15 respectively
Properties- hit stun on CH for both, then knockdown and launch respectively, First two hits are great at tracking.
Hits- Mid Mid Mid
Impact-i17 for both
Safety- -14,-18,-18 and -14,-14,-6 respectively
Usefulness- 8/10
This move can combo well on Counter hit, as well as chain counter hit from :4::K:. Combos include CH :4::K:, :4::6: :A: :A: :3::B:, :3: :A::B: :BE:, EWGF, EWGF. This move is a big part of your combos, and should not be underestimated for its relative slowness and highly vertical properties.

:4::K:
Damage-16
Properties- Hit stun on CH, Hits on ground
Hits- Mid
Impact- i17
Safety- -13 on block
Usefulness- 8/10
Even though Devil Jin has EWGF for his Okizeme game, this is still great for Okizeme. This decently fast, safe, and ranged kick will stun the enemy on Counter Hit, leaving him open for a :3::K:, :B:, :K:, or a :4::6: :A::A: :B:. This will be used in combos, and is integral to devil jin's gameplay. A regular combo could be CH :4::K:, :3: :A::B: :BE:, EWGF, EWGF. This move will likely be in your top 5 moves to use for comboing, but requires knowledge of the opponent, and good predicting.

:1::A:
Damage-14
Hits- Low
Usefulness- 7/10
While not useful in combos, 1A is often an unexpected low that should be used often as part of your mix-up strategy. Can be followed by :3: :B::K::B: :8::K:. Good tracking.
:6::6: :B+G:
Damage- 48
Properties- Grab, Knockdown
Hits- High
Impact- i10
Safety- It's a grab
Usefulness- 9/10
This grab is different from your typical grab. It deals low damage, but is still useful as hell! :6::6: :B+G: knocks the opponent down in one hit, giving you a large frame advantage. This allows you to follow up with EWGF for 72 damage, :A+B: :BE: then 66 into EWGF for 86, or just a plain old :4::K:, all of these are guaranteed if this grab hits. Not only this, but your :BE: grab does just about the same as this grab followed by an EWGF, so the opponent will eventually make a costly mistake in grab breaking. Useful during a stalemate.

:B+K: :B:, :K:/ :2::K:
Damage- 10, 8, 8, 20=46 and 10, 8, 8, 14
Properties- 50/50
Hits- High, S Low, High, Mid/Low
Usefulness-7/10
While you shouldn't make a habit of spamming this, you may get some free hits if you mix up the :K: and :2::K:. More advanced players tend to block down first, and vice versa. Hitting with both makes them fall down, allowing you to do whatever you desire. This move, minus the :B:, :K:/ :2::K: is part of the ten hit string.
:6::6: :K:, :A:, :K:/ :2::K:
Damage-14, 12, 24 and 14, 12, 14 respectively
Properties- CH on second hit, knockdown on second :K: 50/50
Hits- Mid, High, Mid/Low
Impact- i17
Safety- -14, -12, and - 8 and 20 respectively
Usefulness-7/10
Experienced players will duck and counter under the :A:, so it is not advised to use in high level play.If you counter hit on the second hit, I advise that you follow up with :4::6: :A: :A: :3::B: and then whatever from there. Wall combos, such as CH :4::K:, :4::6: :A: :A: :3::B: W!, :6::6: :K: :A:, EWGF are things that you should do. Another one would be CH :4::K:, :6::6: :K:, :A:, :K: W!, :2::B+K:, :3: :A::B:.
:3: :A::B:
Damage-26
Properties- Safe
Hits- Mid Mid
Impact- i15
Safety- -8, -7
Usefulness- 6/10
This move is safe, and has an incredibly useful :BE:. Despite this, this will not be a move you will use too often. It's damage is okay, and it only gives +2 on hit, but that doesn't make it a bad move. It's :BE: is great, and we will get into that soon enough. This move by itself is good enough to pop out at random times. In terms of combos, there are uses, such as the one listed above.
:8::A+B:
Damage-21
Properties- Unblockable
Hits- Anywhere above standing
Usefulness- 8/10
This move is great for comboing, launching again and denying air control. It is not that damaging, but should be used every time you fight. Something I learned from playing against another devil jin is that you can use this if they have an aerial stance. You might be saying "duh" to yourself right now, but how often have you done it? It will hit fly from other devil jins, and natsu's jump, among other things. A combo might be something like EWGF, :8::A+B:, :6::2::3::A::9: :BE:.
WR :B:
Damage-16
Properties- Launch
Hits- Mid
Impact- i15
Safety- -14
Usefulness- 7.5/10
This move is only really useful for following up with :6::2::3: :A::9: :BE: and :6::6: :K: :A:, EWGF, but thats some good damage.
:6::6: :A:
Damage- 20
Properties- Hit Stun, Great for catching steppers
Hits- Mid
Safety- -8
Usefulness- 7/10
A follow up of :3: :K: :B: :K: is an effective way to follow up this move. Other than that, only EWGF comes to mind, but I cannot confirm this right now. Great for catching steppers though. Can be followed up with :3: :K:, :B:, :K: :8::K:.
:8::8:/:2::2: :B:
Damage-14, follow up 12, 30= 56 total
Properties- SUPER launch
Hits- Mid
Usefulness- 9/10
A useful combo starter, just one can be followed up with an EWGF, using this once gives you the opportunity to use another, which can be followed up with THREE EWGFs. This is a useful move, surprisingly fast, and can lead to damaging, non meter combos. Holding :8: whilst doing this move will make you jump up and do a damage unblockable, this can be done on the second hit too. Good combos include :8::8:/ :2::2::B:, :8::8:/ :2::2::B::8:, and :8::8:/ :2::2::B:, :8::8:/ :2::2::B:, EWGF, EWGF, EWGF.
:4::A:, :K:, :K:, :K:, :K:, :B:, :B+K:, :A:, :B:, :B:
Damage-10, 10, 10, 8, 6, 6, 4, 4, 4, 8, 31
Properties- Hit confirmable until the last hit
Hits-High High High Low Mid Mid S Low High High Mid Mid
Usefulness- 4/10
While this move is hit confirmable after the last kick, most people don't use this because it's so easy to block. All it is is up, up, up, down, then up the rest of the way due to the special low. The last uppercut, while the most damaging of all the hits, can be blocked even if the rest of the combo hits, making it effectively useless. I have a different use for this string though. As already stated, I like to stop the string at random times, then use :4::B::3:, :K: :K: or :A: if they are used to it. Almost no one sees this coming, and that is the only thing keeping this from being a 1/10.
c: Brave Edges
Aaaaaand it's Devil Jin's brave edge game. Almost all of his brave edges have a purpose, and all of them but one can be used in combos. Let's begin!
WR :A:,:B: :BE:
Damage-10, 16, 36= 62
Properties- Launch
Hits- Mid Mid Mid
Impact- i14
Safety- +4
Usefulness-4/10
There are like, 2 combos that use this move. It is safe, and does decent damage, but no one is going to fall for it, don't use this often. When you do, however, a good way to use it would be after a launcher or something
:A+B: :BE:
Damage-20
Properties- Hit stun, hits grounded, unblockable
Hits- Low
Impact- i27
Usefulness-6/10
This move is good for comboing. Hitting on the ground guarantees a 66 EWGF, and this move is also guaranteed after :6::6: :B+G:, just like EWGF and :4::K:. An example of a combo is :6::6: :B+G:, :A+B: :BE:, :6::6:, EWGF/:4::K:. A more advanced one would be EWGF, :3::A::B: :BE:, :8::B+K:, :3::A::B: :BE:, :A+B: :BE:, :6::6:, EWGF.
:A+G: :BE:
Damage- 70
Properties- Grab, switches sides
Hits- High
Impact- i17
Safety- It's a grab
Usefulness- 7/10
The only reason this move is not higher is that people will break out of it when they see the brave edge glow. But the damage on this move for the low cost is great. Normal people (People without lightning fast reflexes) will get it wrong normally if you mix this up with :6::6: :B+G:. Both of these do in the 70 damage area, and if they make a mistake, it will be costly.
:6::2::3::A::9: :BE:
Damage- 71
Properties- Attack throw, Safe,
Hits- Mid
Impact- i24
Safety- -4
Usefulness- 7/10
A damaging, safe attack throw that can be used in combos? Yes please. :6::2::3::A::9: :BE: is only different from the normal version by 10 damage and 12 less frames of vulnerability. This move combined with EWGF can ring out so far away from the edge, you have no idea. Using this as well as the normal version in conjunction with :6::2::3: :K:, :K: will eventually make the opponent screw up, then he's fucked. A good combo would be :8::8:/ :2::2::B:, :8::8:/ :2::2::B:, :6::2::3::A::9: :BE:. Another one would be EWGF, :6::2::3::A::9: :BE:, or WR :B:, :6::2::3::A::9: :BE:. This is also the most satisfying way to kill your enemy imo. Slam dunking their head on the ground makes me feel so good!
:3::A::B::BE:
Damage- 12
Properties- + frames on block, and + a shit ton of frames on hit
Hits- Mid
Impact- i15
Safety- +4 on block, + 14 on hit
Usefulness- 9/10
This is the queen of combos if EWGF is the king. Just like EWGF, this denies air control. Just about every combo imaginable has this. Just an EWGF, followed by this, then an EWGF, and so on until you run out of meter does 167 damage, clean hits partially included. It's so fast, and hitting with it gives enough frames to land an EWGF, and start your combo of death. Use this most often out of your :BE: moves.
Critical Edge
:2::3::6::2::3::6: :A+B+K:
Damage- 90
Properties- Tech crouch, Tech Jump, Attack throw, Safe
Hits- Mid
Impact- i16
Safety- -1
Devil Jin's critical edge is one of the best in the game imo. It's decently fast, decently damaging, second safest on block CE in the game(First being Natsu's, but she has to run up to do anything afterwards), Both a tech jump and tech crouch, and useful in combos. Just simply EWGF, :CE: nets you 102 damage, minus a clean hit. EWGF, :3::A::B: :BE:, EWGF, :3::A::B: :BE:, :CE: is a highly damaging combo. All in all, Devil jin's :CE: is a move that you should use often.
So, How do you like it so far? Anything I can improve on? Should I put in every move?
Also, can someone help me confirm the combos?

Combos
Devil Jin's combos are where he really shines. One of the best things is that he is great at whiff punishing combos and Counter Hitting combos. Some Combos are listed above if you are looking for specific move combos, but here I am going to List as many as I can, as well as combo videos.
There are some combos, from those much better than I, if you are unfamiliar with how the moves look however, keep reading for the combos written down.​
Most of all though, I have no way to record combos and would rather have videos than a lengthy section telling you what can easily be found out.​

Enemy Counters
If you want to play as devil jin, you're gonna have to learn how to counter other enemies, and how they will counter you. Devil Jin mostly works as a punishing character, and so safe characters and characters that can space well are some of your worst matchups. I will give what I think the matchup is (Probably a horribly wrong one), and what to watch out for,. I am of course not all-knowing, so any input about things I may have missed is appreciated. In alphabetical order, let's begin!
Aeon
images
This guy, I mean lizard, is pretty strong. He's slow as your uncle when he's drunk, and punishable on half his moves though. Needless to say, he won't be much of a problem. Don't underestimate him however, he will kill you if he knows what he's doing and you don't. He doesn't have many mixups, but if he flys, then you need to sidestep, as he has a dangerous, fast BE that stuns, is an unblockable, and leads into a powerful dive bomb. He does kind of have what you do minus a little bit, so he is just slightly inferior to you.
I think the matchup is 60:40 in your favor.

Moves to watch out for:
:6::6:/:3::3:/:9::9::A:
Damage: 30
Decently fast, safe, and ranged step killer. What more can I say? Well, more is the answer. This move is the staple of Aeon. It is also Aeon's main spacing tool, and will be whored out by Aeons who know what they're doing, and rightfully so.
SW :BE:
Damage: 15
This move is weak, but it stuns like a boner and is unblockable. This move is fast for an unblockable, but can still be sidestepped, which you must do.
Common Aeon Tactics:
Aeon is all about stage positioning and ring outs. With those, he is very good, and he also has an insane backstep and sidestep killer that is basically the religion of Aeon. He is very punishable, has whiffing issues, a terrible critical edge and speed problems, however. Another thing you must know is if you see him flying, just sidestep and you can punish him all the way to whatever the hell his afterlife is.
Algol
images
Algol is surprisingly fast for his size and has better range than yours (no really) He pushes you back too much to do your regular punishing moves most of the time, so beware of this. He has very good BE combos, so make sure especially not to screw up when he has meter. Algol has 2 moves he can use to get out of predictable foward moves. He can teleport and jump a lot of our shit. Do not, I repeat DO NOT move backwards if he is as well, because it will lead to a full screen, unblockable grab. Algol has a lot of delayed second hits to his moves, as well as a quick, damaging back turned move that you should look out for.
I think the matchup is 50/50
Moves to watch out for:
:1::B:
Damage: 20
This thing is good, it also has CH hitstun, and sets up some of his massive combos. This also tech crouches so EWGF can't help you.
:2::2::A:
Damage: 22
Completely safe and fast step killer? This is the reason that you won't attempt 88/22 K K or B...
:B: :B:
Damage: 16+16=32
What are those things? Whatever they are, this move is a safe, fast, damaging move that will rape your shit if you don't see it coming. Trust me, it's unpunishable in the delay between the two hits, barring maybe :A::A::B: .
Common Algol Tactics:
What I've noticed is that just about every Algol tries to use bubbles in conjunction with 1A, a slow low move. While this may catch you by surprise, there is no situation in which you cannot block both, and blocking it will destroy the algol's sanity. They also like to shoot two bubbles to the side as a distraction and then charge in, which is a surprisingly effective tactic. Honestly, you will likely not be able to punish him much barring sidestepping, which he has a great tool for, and so try to get a good CH if you can.
Alpha Patroklos
images
Alpha Patroklos, or Patsuka as I will be calling him is one of your hardest counters imo. He is very fast,seems to use his safe moves at all the wrong times, and can combo very well. Patsuka also has the fastest mid in the game, Sakura twister, hitting on frame 12 (I think). Patsuka has many annoying, fast lows that he will use when not comboing. Be wary on what moves he is doing, and counter accordingly, but don't spam, good god don't spam.
I think the matchup is 40:60 in his favor
Moves to watch out for:
:2::1::4::3::A:::B:
Damage:42
This is that i12 move I was taking about. While hard to do, this does massive damage in a short time. Patsukas like to use this move in combos, or just string 2 together for some nice easy damage. This move will punish any unsafe move you have, so don't do that shit very often when fighting Patsuka. The good think about this move is that most patsuka's use this move at completely wrong times. This move is unsafe, and because it advances it can be punished with an EWGF or four for much more damage then they were intending. Just watch out still.
:CE:
Damage: 55
I'm not completely sure, but I'm pretty sure that this is the fastest move in the game. This CE hits on frame 8. That's freaking retarded. Good thing that this move does low damage for a CE, and is still punishable.
:1: :A:::A:::A:
Damage:14+14+18=46
As the guide says, this move is almost impossible to react to. If he can get the rest of the inputs in, then you are in for a knockdown and damage. This move is also punishable. It sure seems like all of his good moves are punishable, weird.
Common Alpha Patroklos Tactics:
Patsuka will like to combo you, a lot. To prevent this, avoid any launchers by sidestepping, but don't make a habit out of this as he has good horizontals.
Astaroth
images
Or as I like to call him (Just for fun) Asstrolloth, will attempt to grab you, a lot. He is the supreme grabber of the game and is bad for devil jin because he knocks you back miles with each swing, and can be unpredictable as fuck. DO NOT use FLY against a skilled astaroth or he will grab you right out of the air and break your spine on his knee. All I can reccomend is to keep pressure going at all times and watch out for his bull rush.
I think the matchup is 30:70 in his favor
Moves to watch out for:
His grabs
Damage:20-90
Astaroths grabs can connect from anywhere. In the air, ducking, crouching, OTG, and standing. All of his grabs are useful and most are powerful. He even has multiple BE grabs, as in more than one! Who needs that? Grabs can be broken, but he will land one eventually, and they can be part of 200 damage wall combos. He and his grabs are not broken by any means, but note that Astaroth's grabs are his main source of damage.
:6::6: :K: (:BE:)
Damage:28, 30, 36, or 48 depending on how it is done
This is a fast charge ahead, inexplicably landing most of the time and coming out quick. The higher damage versions are slower to start up. He will use this a lot to try to catch you off guard in my experience. He will likely follow up with discus, the most guardable 50/50 in the game.
:2: :B+K:
Damage:24
Even though this move is unsafe, it still manages to push you back to far to do jack shit about it, and so you'll just have to block it. It is pretty fast for astaroths standards, and so you need to be prepared to block it. Maybe this move is counterable with 2B.
:1::K:, :A:
Damage:26+42=68
Don't let this move catch you off guard, or 1/4 of your life will be taken off. This move tech crouches, and has the typical astaroth pushback, but the real thing is that it is a mix-up. Another thing is that this move is incredibly safe, being neutral on block.
:8::8:/:2::2::B:
Damage:55
This move is slow, but it has pushback and can be used if you are helpless, just try not to let him sidestep to much. The BE version does more damage and doesn't send you flying in the opposite direction, allowing him to combo.
Even his Critical Edge is a throw, what the hell. This throw is actually pretty weak, but you have to duck it before the freeze frame or it hits you. In addition to looking cool, this grab will leave you helpless enough to follow up with 88/22B BE and then
A+G for just about half of your life... be careful.
Common Asstrol... err Astaroth Tactics.
Astaroths, at least the ones that I have seen, tend to try to get you to duck so that they can do their ducking grab. They may also try to randomly pop out 66K, which is good for you as it is one of the only close-range punishable moves he has. Other than that, the only things that I typically see is aerial grabbing during FLY and spamming 88/22B to try and catch you off guard.
Cervantes
images

Cervantes is pretty much the exact same as Devil Jin. Both are good punishers, both have poor tracking, both have good combos, both have a JF that greatly improves the original moves, and both do good damage. Only problem though, most of his moves are fast, safe, pushes you back, or all three. Son of a bitch it is annoying to fight a character that you can't touch, especially one that knows devil jin! Watch out for his horizontals, and punish iGDR, one of his best moves turned against him.
I think the matchup is 40:60 in his favor
Moves to watch out for:
:aB:
Damage: 40
This move hits on frame 11. FRAME FUCKING ELEVEN!!! He can punish all of your unsafe moves with this and still push you back far enough to be out of your range.
:3::B:
Damage: 28
Good god does every cervantes spam this! It's fast and has the typical pushback of a cervantes move. If he can hit with this, it's sure to mean hell. Avoid this move by sidestepping.
:2::1::4::K:
Damage:
This move hits low, and why would anyone do this out of elder charge? You will get use to it eventually.
:1::A::B:
Damage:
This is Cervantes' hit confirmable mix-up. He will hit with this often, much like Patsuka's 1 A: A: A:.
Damage: 55
The true power of Cervantes' critical edge is that it hits on frame 10 and can be chained and be a combo finisher. Watch out from a distance.
Common Cervantes Tactics:
Cervantes', at least those that i have seen will often try to land iGDR and chain combos from there. Don't try to attack at a disadvantage or use hugely unsafe moves, as you will be punished. Try to get CH on :4::K:.
Dampierre
images
Dampierre is an... odd character. He will mostly try to trick you into making the wrong decision, such as an unblockable sneeze, or a critical edge GI. Most Dampierre's I know use a stance called poker bluff, where they go on the ground and grab spam on two heights. No seriously, grab spam. Every one, Every one, EVERY ONE!!! So what I reccomend doing is backing away when you see them on the floor. As Devil Jin, you have many natural counters to him, such as being fast, and fast, and punishable. Be wary that Dampierre is based on luck, so some of his moves will do massive damage, or fall flat on their face and damage him. Punish him and 'call his bluff' to beat Dampierre
What I think the matchup is 70/30 in your favor
Moves to watch out for:
:6::2::3::K: (And so on)
This move is kind of punishable, but if he can hit all of them succesfully then he can do some pretty good damage. If you hit him out of it, he will usually air control away, unless you use EWGF, but still be cautious.
:3::3:/:9::9: B (K)
Damage: 28, 48 for break attack
Yup, this move is a random break attack. It's actually pretty fast, and launches the opponent. Luckily, very few of your moves are -20 on block, just make sure he doesn't whiff punish you with this. This move can be followed up with a mid kick that knocks down, or a low kick that stuns and puts him into poker bluff.
:6::6::B:
Damage:30
The real annoyance of this move is that it puts him in poker bluff, and then the spamming starts. Move back if you see this move.
Damage: 80
I can't tell you how many times I have fallen for this. Dampierre's Critical Edge is basically a less telegraphed, more entertaining version of nightmare's. All Dampierre does during this move is guard with his arms, but hitting them is going to take away 1/3 of your life. Just be careful if you are keeping pressure.
Common Dampierre Tactics:
Dampierre's grab spam. Other than this they might try to throw in some :3::3:/:9::9: :B: to try and start a combo. I haven't really seen any consistent Dampierre tactics other than those two. Pressure and punish him to win.
Devil Jin
Devil+Jin+T5DR+(1).jpg
Aaaah yes, the infamous mirror matchup. These matches are truly skill matches. As far as I know however, there are only like 5 good-great devil jin players online, the rest will spam or think that the 10 hit string works. Although it's probably common knowledge to you, I am going to tell you what to watch out for. Devil Jin is one of those momentum offensive characters, such as Maxi, Ivy, or Yoshimitsu, and so most of the people you fight, just like the recently mentioned characters, do not block very well. Your 50/50's will almost always connect, as well as hell sweep and grabs. Use this to your advantage. I've told you Devil Jin's moves, and now you also must know how to counter them.
The matchup is obviously 50:50
Moves to watch out for:
EWGF
Damage: 35
Although I have never seen anyone except for me and people in videos use this consistently, you should at least be prepared. If you block this, the other Devil Jin will be at an advantage, something you do not want in an equal matchup. They wont be able to retaliate with a move to punish the block advanage, but try not to start up a move unless it tech crouches. :A::A::B: when blocked can be punished by this. If they hit you with one EWGF, chances are that they can not do it again. If they rising uppercut you(EWGF without the just frame) then try your hardest to air control away. :A::A: is pretty safe to throw out in a fight, as it can interrupt EWGF and is safe. Dangerous move.
:A::A::B:
Damage: 38
For a move that hits on frame ten, this is pretty powerful. The whole string is punishable if blocked, though, enough for an EWGF. The enemy must hit with the first punch for the other 2 to land, so do not stop blocking in these situations. This move hits high, allowing for a good old WR:B: and then maybe a :6::2::3::A::BE:. A lot of the Devil Jins I fight tend to spam this when it seems inoportune to them, but thats why it hits. Block or duck, and punish this to get some free damage.
:6::2::3::K:,:K:
Damage: 27
The spam on this makes Dampierre look good! As you know, this move hits low, then mid, the first chaining into the second if the first one hits. Just about every Devil Jin ever spams this, and you will eventually get used to it. This move is punishable, heavily so, enough for an EWGF or an :A::A::B:. Don't forget about :4::B: leading into this move, and if it helps, you spam it too.
WR :A::B::BE:
Damage: 62
I'm not saying to watch out because this move is good, but because you would never expect someone to use this piece of shit. This move is actually halfway decent, and gives your opponent a frame advantage, but considering that you can block it and still be safe, and that they could their meter better, surely gives them a disadvantage. I actually love it when other Devil Jins use this move, because then I know that they have less meter, and wasted it on something that will never come to be. This move is, however, the reason that you should never take blocks at face value, and you should always block after WR:A::B: just to be sure.
:8::A+B:
Damage: 21
This move is quite hazardous to your health if you choose to fly against a Devil Jin that knows what they are doing (remember though, there are only like five of them.) If you are at any time flying and the opponent has the sense to use this, then your entire flying endeavor was for nothing. I have only seen one other person do this tactic other than me, likely because they thought of it and couldn't EWGF. This move is better than EWGF to use against a flyer if you are at range by the way.
Common Devil Jin tactics:
Every Devil Jin online will do one or more of the following, guaranteed. They will either spam hell sweep, try to 50/50 you, spam 10 hit string, spam :A::A::B:, try unsuccessfully to EWGF, and try to hit you with lasers. Seriously, Unless you fight one of the skilled players you will always see one of these. Maybe it's because of how few players of Devil Jin there are, but I cannot think of any other common tactics of Devil Jin players. To beat Devil Jin mirrors, use your useful moves, combos, and superior understanding of the other players moves.
EdgeMaster
images
Edge master can be anyone, and steals their critical edge too. Only thing I can say is be prepared. He also has :2::2::A::A::A: just like kilik when playing xiba, so be wary of that.
Elysium
images
Elysium is much like Edge Master, except she only plays females. Her :CE: is unique however, and does multiple hits adding up to 90 damage. When she is Pyrrha Omega, :2::3::6::B: (:4:), :2::3::6::2::3::6::B:(:4:), :B+K::B: (:4:), :2::B::B:(:4:), :2::B::A+B+K:, and FC:1::B::A+B+K: are all stronger.
Hilde
images
Hilde is completely different from you. She relies on precise timing, long range, and annoying launchers. Hilde has to charge certain attacks, and that is where the bulk of her fighting comes from. Don't worry, she isn't broken in this game unlike the last. You may thing that Hilde would push Devil Jin back with her sword and lance, but she surprisingly doesn't do that as well as you'd think. Fortunately, it seems that she has much fewer tech crouches than every other character, and Devil Jin can interrupt most of her moves. Use pressure, and don't let her push back is all I can say.
Hard to say, but I think the matchup is 60:40 in your favor
Moves to watch out for:
Damage: 96
This move does good damage with good range. Hilde can catch sidestepping very well with this move, and should be watched out for if you do unsafe moves.
:2::2:/:8::8: :B:
Damage: 50
This move can be used after sidestep, is + on block, and pushes you back.
C(Charge)3:A:
Damage: 42
For something that has to be charged, this comes out pretty quickly. Again it is safe on block, and it does nice damage for a sword attack.
:6::B::B::B:
Damage: 16+12+30= 58
This is one of her moves that actually DOES push you back. To boot, it has pretty good damage. It lacks in the tracking department though, and this should be exploited.
:6::6::B:
Damage: 24
This move is fast, safe, and (sigh) tech crouches. Not much more I need to say.
Common Hilde Tactics:
Most Hildes I see try to hit you (or spam you) with charged :B: attacks, 2 and 3 being launchers. Hitting with these leads to combos, so be wary if she has just done a vertical. Never wait to long, or she will pop her insane 4th stage charge damage of unblockability. This probably won't really happen, but don't be stupid, not like you would be doing slow moves anyways. Hildes also try to do :3::A:, C1:A: for good damage, so be on your toes about electrical charges.
Ivy
images
Tits, I mean breasts, I mean boobs, I mean hooters, I mean package, I mean IVY, is a pretty annoying character in this game for Devil jin. As you'd expect, Ivy can space you, and wreck your shit quite easily. Do not fly against a good ivy, for she has a move that takes you from the air and slams you down on the ground. Despite this, you can still break an ivy, as she is one of the offensive momentum characters, almost never blocking correctly, and even if this happens not, she doesn't tend to horizontal much either.
I think the matchup is: 50:50(You still have tools)
Moves to watch out for:
Damage: 100
THE second most annoying Critical edge in the game. For some reason, developers expect you to be able to react in about 6 frames and dodge this grab before the freeze frame. Ugh, yes, just like Astaroth, you must duck the grab before the freeze frame to avoid it. But honestly, you have to be pretty damn fast to avoid either of these. Astaroth's does more damage(with follow ups), but both are deadly. Actually, in terms of raw damage, I believe that this CE does the second most raw damage of all Critical Edges, second only to Yoshimitsu.
If you like this guide so far, share it with your friends.
Also, criticism is reccomended, this is my first guide and I am not perfect nor extremely skilled at this game.
Well, ima take a break for right now, all humans take progress as an excuse to procrastinate lol.

Okizeme, Post GI, and Post Guard Break
Devil Jin is actually quite good when it comes to post GI and guard break. If you are playing a normal game, you will probably spend your meter on his BE's or CE to use your meter, and Devil Jin has terribly guard breaking abilities though.​
I suppose if you must know, I will tell you what these situations can be remedied with. I'll even add in Okizeme too.​

Thanks to dragonken07 and MitsuGTO885/TheMainManPROGRAMMING over on youtube for giving me many of these combos. I wish them the best of luck online.

Good guide, just a few things worth mentioning though.

After 66B+G, A+B BE, 6kB is a combo for around 77 damage, untechable.

A+G BE rings out forward.

When you're writing about the fly stance you call his flying laser attacks as B+K.

Gonna try take up DJ now :P

Good guide, just a few things worth mentioning though.

After 66B+G, A+B BE, 6kB is a combo for around 77 damage, untechable.

A+G BE rings out forward.

When you're writing about the fly stance you call his flying laser attacks as B+K.

Gonna try take up DJ now :P
Cool, good luck with DJ, but for the first combo, EWGF after A+B BE is a better option, and is untechable as well for 86 damage, but I see what you mean.

A+G BE rings out to the side as far as I remember due to the positioning, might have to check on that.

Good to know that more than 1 person has seen this lol

Cool, good luck with DJ, but for the first combo, EWGF after A+B BE is a better option, and is untechable as well for 86 damage, but I see what you mean.l

When I was practicing the opponent seemed too far away to do EWGF, not like I can perform EWGF well anyway :(

I hit it about 10% of the time. Sometimes I do it 4 times in a row then forget how to do it. D:

When I was practicing the opponent seemed too far away to do EWGF, not like I can perform EWGF well anyway :(

I hit it about 10% of the time. Sometimes I do it 4 times in a row then forget how to do it. D:

You have to do 66 to hit the opponent after A+B BE, and for EWGF, just find a motion and stick with it

oh nice someone finally put up a guide for my main =)...but too bad TTT2 is out now
Finally a damn reply. I'll get to working on it. I personally prefer to use DJ on this games characters rather than tekken. Call me hipster, but I like being the only fist fighter.

Thanks for the great guide! I've been using this for a while but I've never commented . . .
Wow, really? Thats never happened to me before. Well, glad I could be of assistance. Ive been playing borderlands 2 and starcraft 2 and havent really gotten around to the guide. I think that I will try to make some more soon. Good luck playing Devil Jin!

Cool guide, but I must say you grossly misunderstand good Aeon tactics.
Yeah lol. Well hey, I put a disclaimer saying that I am probably wrong.

Could you please tell me what I should put there? I don't fight many aeons. Of the people I've fought, those are the tactics, but I would desperately like to expand on him.

Yeah lol. Well hey, I put a disclaimer saying that I am probably wrong.

Could you please tell me what I should put there? I don't fight many aeons. Of the people I've fought, those are the tactics, but I would desperately like to expand on him.

For starters, no one is going to rely on Sand Winger, our fire breath, or Atomic Revenger. (the dive bomb you seem to be so frightened of.) We know that you know that everything from this stance can be sidestepped and their only use is to add damage to successful attacks. (quite alot of damage, actually). So get the whole "flying Aeon = bad" thing. Dive bombing is unsafe on block, and is murder on whiff, cuz our little dragon takes his sweet time pulling his head out of the ground.

Grit Blast (66a) is much better than you gave it credit for. That is one of Aeon's absolute staples and should be whored out every round, every fight. It is Aeon's main spacing tool, as it does good damage, has alot of range, kills step AND backstep, PLUS it's safe on block because of pushback. I have been grabbed out of the animation for using it at too close range though.

Aeon will try to condition you and become the master of your movement. Grit Blast will kill all attempts at stepping, he will mix that up with throws and lows to murder you with extremely powerful horizontals and brave edges once you duck.

He is also the master of the art of ring out. He has multiple options to ring the opponent out from all sides. Forward, backward, right, and so forth. Pushing Aeon against the ring is a bad idea, as he has alot of (quite fast) moves that will send you over that edge. He can grab you, but that grab is infamous and will often be ducked or broken. But, if they duck, you can use Sandland Battalion (6B:BE) to ring them out. He can punish slide kick attempts by ringing you out yourself with WRB. And don't get me started on his forward ring out moves.

He can also push you around alot with moves that have alot of knockback, he has massive range on 66AB and 4BK.

His backstep is also impeccable, as you can see, Aeon's main thing is controlling ring positioning and using the stage to your advantage, as he also has massive damage wall combos.

So, Pros:

Great Backstep
Great Step kill
Great Verticals
Lots of damage off counter hits
One of the best ring out games
Huge damage off walls
Can control your ring positioning easily
Tech crouch on basically half his moveset.
Great Brave Edges

Now, it may seem I just described an A-tier character, but that is far from the truth. His flaws are basic, but they drag him down quite a bit.

Aeon is quite slow, (aside from his faster moves (obviously)) and most of his moves are unsafe on block. He also has little to no good low attacks. They are either noticeable and slow for ok damage, or slow and very unsafe for good damage. (I whore out the unsafe one to great effect, but if they can block it on reaction or start expecting it, I'm in for alot of damage.

He also has whiffing issues on many of his attacks, and alot of them have to be on a perfect axis (without the whiffing issues) to work to do any of his damaging combos. Also, the majority of his meterless combos do around 70-90 damge, so I'm not sure if that's low or high.

So, to recap,

Pros:

Great Backstep
Great Step kill
Great Verticals
Huge damage off walls
Great Brave Edges
Great wakeup (isn't it called okizeme when your opponent's on the ground and you're at the advantage?)

Cons:

Pretty much everything is unsafe on block.
Quite slow aside from some low damage really fast moves
One of the worst low games in the game
As a direct result of the above, his mix-up game suffers quite heavily.
Whiffing issues on combos
Axis issues on alot of moves
Everything from Sand Winger is steppable
Useless Critical Edge
Critical Edge whiffs alot
Critical Edge Screws up ALOT
Critical Edge can be ukemi'd and just guarded EVEN WHEN IT HITS
Command throw is very finnicky
Little to no mind games

So yeah, do with that what you will.

Of course, Slade and Reptile are far more qualified to talk about this than I am. Honestly, I think this matchup is around 6-7 for Aeon.

For starters, no one is going to rely on Sand Winger, our fire breath, or Atomic Revenger. (the dive bomb you seem to be so frightened of.) We know that you know that everything from this stance can be sidestepped and their only use is to add damage to successful attacks. (quite alot of damage, actually). So get the whole "flying Aeon = bad" thing. Dive bombing is unsafe on block, and is murder on whiff, cuz our little dragon takes his sweet time pulling his head out of the ground.

Grit Blast (66a) is much better than you gave it credit for. That is one of Aeon's absolute staples and should be whored out every round, every fight. It is Aeon's main spacing tool, as it does good damage, has alot of range, kills step AND backstep, PLUS it's safe on block because of pushback. I have been grabbed out of the animation for using it at too close range though.

Aeon will try to condition you and become the master of your movement. Grit Blast will kill all attempts at stepping, he will mix that up with throws and lows to murder you with extremely powerful horizontals and brave edges once you duck.

He is also the master of the art of ring out. He has multiple options to ring the opponent out from all sides. Forward, backward, right, and so forth. Pushing Aeon against the ring is a bad idea, as he has alot of (quite fast) moves that will send you over that edge. He can grab you, but that grab is infamous and will often be ducked or broken. But, if they duck, you can use Sandland Battalion (6B:BE) to ring them out. He can punish slide kick attempts by ringing you out yourself with WRB. And don't get me started on his forward ring out moves.

He can also push you around alot with moves that have alot of knockback, he has massive range on 66AB and 4BK.

His backstep is also impeccable, as you can see, Aeon's main thing is controlling ring positioning and using the stage to your advantage, as he also has massive damage wall combos.

So, Pros:

Great Backstep
Great Step kill
Great Verticals
Huge damage off walls
Great Brave Edges

Now, it may seem I just described an A-tier character, but that is far from the truth. His flaws are basic, but they drag him down quite a bit.

Aeon is quite slow, (aside from his faster moves (obviously)) and most of his moves are unsafe on block. He also has little to no good low attacks. They are either noticeable and slow for ok damage, or slow and very unsafe for good damage. (I whore out the unsafe one to great effect, but if they can block it on reaction or start expecting it, I'm in for alot of damage.

He also has whiffing issues on many of his attacks, and alot of them have to be on a perfect axis (without the whiffing issues) to work to do any of his damaging combos. Also, the majority of his meterless combos do around 70-90 damge, so I'm not sure if that's low or high.

So, to recap,

Pros:

Great Backstep
Great Step kill
Great Verticals
Huge damage off walls
Great Brave Edges
Great wakeup (isn't it called okizeme when your opponent's on the ground and you're at the advantage?)

Cons:

Pretty much everything is unsafe on block.
Quite slow aside from some low damage really fast moves
One of the worst low games in the game
As a direct result of the above, his mix-up game suffers quite heavily.
Whiffing issues on combos
Axis issues on alot of moves
Everything from Sand Winger is steppable
Useless Critical Edge
Critical Edge whiffs alot
Critical Edge Screws up ALOT
Critical Edge can be ukemi'd and just guarded EVEN WHEN IT HITS
Command throw is very finnicky
Little to no mind games

So yeah, do with that what you will.

Of course, Slade and Reptile are far more qualified to talk about this than I am. Honestly, I think this matchup is around 6-7 for Aeon.
Few things. One, you have much more knowledge than i do. Two, the reason I say to watch out for dive bomb is because it is safe from us if we block and have to sidestep. Three, thanks for the detail, really helps. Four, while I could add more to 66a, it just seems to be an amazing move, is there really any elaboration needed? Five, I think that at BEST the matchup is 50:50, but it is realistically 60:40 in Devil jins favor, he is just much faster, better at punishing, and better at mixing up. Six, thanks for the input. Seven, Meterless, devil jin can do more damage.

Eight, can you tell me of his brave edges? They all seem to be just Okay, maybe a pro(or whatever) at Aeon can tell me otherwise. Nine, and this is the last one, What other moves would you reccomend I put in his section? I am clearly not knowledgeable about Aeon and want to put more in his section, it seems that he is neglected on my part.

Thanks again, man. Also, I don't see him pushing me back that much.

One: Yes.

Two: is it really safe against DJ? I didn't know that. However, you shouldn't be blocking it, (it does great block damage) you should be sidestepping it and punishing. Train yourself to sidestep whenever you see Aeon's wings.

Three: I try.

Four: You say the move is decent. The truth is, it's insane. Your only choice is to block it, and it's safe on block. All I would add is that it kills all attempts at stepping (side and back) and it's safe on block. Add that this is Aeon's main spacing move, and is often ylused to approach safely.

5: I probably went too far with 7, but I really think it's 6 in our favour. Can Jin deal with backstopping spacing characters with good options up close?

6: :-I

7:Maube, but you need extreme execution and consistency to do more damage meterless. That's mostly due to EWGF, correct?

8: 6B:BE, extremely fast (I think 13 frames?), around 79 damage, easily comboed into from CH pokes, and backwards ring out.

1B:BE good damage from simple combos, and CRAZY ring out distance. Like a lot. It also has an unblockables tech trap that does around 120 damage, plus it's really fast ft too.

Back