Devil Jin Guide

One: Yes.

Two: is it really safe against DJ? I didn't know that. However, you shouldn't be blocking it, (it does great block damage) you should be sidestepping it and punishing. Train yourself to sidestep whenever you see Aeon's wings.

Three: I try.

Four: You say the move is decent. The truth is, it's insane. Your only choice is to block it, and it's safe on block. All I would add is that it kills all attempts at stepping (side and back) and it's safe on block. Add that this is Aeon's main spacing move, and is often ylused to approach safely.

5: I probably went too far with 7, but I really think it's 6 in our favour. Can Jin deal with backstopping spacing characters with good options up close?

6: :-I

7:Maybe, but you need extreme execution and consistency to do more damage meterless
For Number 2, the point was that im trying to say not to block, but to sidestep, maybe I should add a train your mind thing in their.

So what other moves should go in the moves to watch out for section?

I edited the post and added more stuff by the way.

I would reccomend looking around the top 10 moves thread in Aeon's soul arena. We've come to a few general consensuses. Test some of the most mentioned moves in Training against DJ.

Right now, it still needs more work. Try asking other peeps who main a character for more MU(Match-up) info for Devil Jin. I could provide some anti Yoshimitsu for you, but I'm gonna need to seek out a buddy of mine for this. Despite Devil Jin being a match-up no one cares about (due to no CAS ban), I still think info for a noob is always a good idea.

No one wants to keep losing due to lack of knowledge.

For now, I'll just tell you a typical Yoshimitsu online I fight. Note not all are the same, but this is just some stuff I've considered as what a Yoshi will do.

Dragonfly stance
DGF K and DGF B are the most common stance stuff. Both can be avoided if you're already knocked down. Just lie there, but look out for 3B if they're smart. DGF A imho isn't all that useful except when he's back turned. However, the best course of action is to knock him out of the stance. See a dragonfly? Swat it with a laser(the 8A+B one). Period.

Super Dragonfly stance
SDGF B and SDGF A are the most common. For SDGF B, just step back. If gutsy, Just guard it. You could sidestep it, but that's where SDGF A comes in. It will catch steppers. To avoid it, step back or block. Basically, step back from these SDGF. If a Yoshi flies toward you, just step back. If near a wall, be wary of SDGF A+K. That suicide will hurt. Best course of action is to not be near a wall. SDGF B+K(Basically this makes him come down on Flea stance). Not many Yoshi will use this. If they do come down with this stance, just swat the Flea with a laser. If he does the SDGF 2B+K one, step back because it guard breaks and it quake stuns.

Meditation stance
The MED B guard breaks. MED A is the typical low. MED K launches you. Just back step Yoshi once he does MED. The MED A+K is uncommon, but back step applies here too. Be wary that a Yoshi will use this one deviously. Every once in a blue moon is something to fear.

Other stuff to look out for
iMCF. Let's just say you don't want Yoshi to be close and doing this to you. It will CH, they will combo with it. Or worse, the measly combo will ring you out
214A. Every Yoshi does this. If you step, do a high attack in a string, grab, or do a slow move, this low will hurt.
Yoshi's CE. If a Yoshi has meter, it's obligatory that you tread carefully. The minute you least expect it, this will be whipped out

For now, this is all I know. I may have left out some stuff, but I'll leave it this for now.

I edited the post and added more stuff by the way.

I would reccomend looking around the top 10 moves thread in Aeon's soul arena. We've come to a few general consensuses. Test some of the most mentioned moves in Training against DJ.
Thanks

Right now, it still needs more work. Try asking other peeps who main a character for more MU(Match-up) info for Devil Jin. I could provide some anti Yoshimitsu for you, but I'm gonna need to seek out a buddy of mine for this. Despite Devil Jin being a match-up no one cares about (due to no CAS ban), I still think info for a noob is always a good idea.

No one wants to keep losing due to lack of knowledge.

For now, I'll just tell you a typical Yoshimitsu online I fight. Note not all are the same, but this is just some stuff I've considered as what a Yoshi will do.

Dragonfly stance
DGF K and DGF B are the most common stance stuff. Both can be avoided if you're already knocked down. Just lie there, but look out for 3B if they're smart. DGF A imho isn't all that useful except when he's back turned. However, the best course of action is to knock him out of the stance. See a dragonfly? Swat it with a laser(the 8A+B one). Period.

Super Dragonfly stance
SDGF B and SDGF A are the most common. For SDGF B, just step back. If gutsy, Just guard it. You could sidestep it, but that's where SDGF A comes in. It will catch steppers. To avoid it, step back or block. Basically, step back from these SDGF. If a Yoshi flies toward you, just step back. If near a wall, be wary of SDGF A+K. That suicide will hurt. Best course of action is to not be near a wall. SDGF B+K(Basically this makes him come down on Flea stance). Not many Yoshi will use this. If they do come down with this stance, just swat the Flea with a laser. If he does the SDGF 2B+K one, step back because it guard breaks and it quake stuns.

Meditation stance
The MED B guard breaks. MED A is the typical low. MED K launches you. Just back step Yoshi once he does MED. The MED A+K is uncommon, but back step applies here too. Be wary that a Yoshi will use this one deviously. Every once in a blue moon is something to fear.

Other stuff to look out for
iMCF. Let's just say you don't want Yoshi to be close and doing this to you. It will CH, they will combo with it. Or worse, the measly combo will ring you out
214A. Every Yoshi does this. If you step, do a high attack in a string, grab, or do a slow move, this low will hurt.
Yoshi's CE. If a Yoshi has meter, it's obligatory that you tread carefully. The minute you least expect it, this will be whipped out

For now, this is all I know. I may have left out some stuff, but I'll leave it this for now.
thanks as well.

Also, what is that one where he knocks you down, hits you up, hits you several times in the air, then kind of punches you,

You know, the one that every one does

Hmm, does anyone think that my matchups are right? I am pretty confident in them, but other peoples opinions and facts are a factor.

thanks as well.

Also, what is that one where he knocks you down, hits you up, hits you several times in the air, then kind of punches you,

You know, the one that every one does

Doorknocker is only used after DGF K, 214A, or whenever he aB+K near a wall for instance. It's only used in a combo. By itself, the string is mid, high, high, mid. As a Yoshi, I'd be a fool to use it by itself.

Doorknocker is only used after DGF K, 214A, or whenever he aB+K near a wall for instance. It's only used in a combo. By itself, the string is mid, high, high, mid. As a Yoshi, I'd be a fool to use it by itself.

Don't forget to mention it's crazy ring out distance.

Me and party wolf have found some.... Interesting things about auto-GIing against devil jin which i am looking into further and will post more about it soon when i have time

Me and party wolf have found some.... Interesting things about auto-GIing against devil jin which i am looking into further and will post more about it soon when i have time
You mean how every one of his attacks is a body attack, making them go through a fuckton of aGIs that only GI weapon attacks?

Ha, its called doorknocker. The last part, you know, after the "Hows this?" that sounds like "Choo!" What is that? Thanks again btw. And wow, this has gotten more views and comments then I ever expected.

Gonna be editing today, hopefully will get some more characters and the okizeme and post Guard break section. Not like Guard breaks ever occur on devil jin.

Question: is there some trick to 3aB BE? I know I'm pressing all the right buttons, but it seems to work randomly for me (as in 3 out of 50+ tries). I even looked at a tutorial video on youtube and our command input history looks the same. I'm at a loss.

Question: is there some trick to 3aB BE? I know I'm pressing all the right buttons, but it seems to work randomly for me (as in 3 out of 50+ tries). I even looked at a tutorial video on youtube and our command input history looks the same. I'm at a loss.
What I do is press them all in sequence quickly. so 3 a b be like that. Even still, it only sometimes work, i gotta work on that move.

Ha, its called doorknocker. The last part, you know, after the "Hows this?" that sounds like "Choo!" What is that? Thanks again btw. And wow, this has gotten more views and comments then I ever expected.

Gonna be editing today, hopefully will get some more characters and the okizeme and post Guard break section. Not like Guard breaks ever occur on devil jin.

That's called Shrine, and it's Yoshi's standard 3B launcher. It ground hits. Unlike Aeon's... :(

Is this guide going to be completed?
Sorry, I am one of those people who never immediately completes things, and goes for periods of time before doing so again.

I believe that it is almost done, and will get this done when I can.

Sorry, I am one of those people who never immediately completes things, and goes for periods of time before doing so again.

I believe that it is almost done, and will get this done when I can.

Keep it up, I'm thinking of coming back and playing this game with Devil Jin. I like going in 8way live stream and see ppl rage or be excited to see me. lol

Keep it up, I'm thinking of coming back and playing this game with Devil Jin. I like going in 8way live stream and see ppl rage or be excited to see me. lol
Well great, because I have some dedicated playing time today that I am going to use to complete parts of it and fix some errors. Keep up the good work.

Back