Digi-Ops Monthly 3 Results

crow_winters

[11] Champion
1: Crow_Winters (Algol, Lizardman, Mitsu, Rock)
2: Wolfkrone (Hilde, Amy, Apprentice)
3: Mailbox On Fire (Sieg, Kilik, Yoda)
4: Dorian Fladger (Mitsu, Sieg)
5: Ayanami (Hilde)
5: STD (Raph)
7: Josh Ballard (Setsuka)

I won with Mitsu, not Algol. Wolfkrone raped my Algol and Lizardman right proper.

Wolfkrone- Really, keep working on that Amy/Apprentice. Really solid stuff, I think you can take them really far if you want to. I'm really glad we got to play and meet in person.

Mailbox- By far the most improved. You're a smart kid- I told everyone that the thing holding you back the most was your lack of experience. You're getting that experience and you're getting better. Keep it up.

Dorian- You were a total surprise, haha. I know you say you don't post here, but I hope you see this and say hi. Mitsu is awesome. Don't be scared of Algol. :)

Ayanami- No points for pride! ;) But you're still improving and you're still getting better. This is a tourney where everyone in it was good.

STD- MM first to 5 for EVERYTHING YOU OWN.

Josh- Like I said, this was a tourney where everyone was good. Glad you got to have the Hilde Experience, I know you'll take that and learn from it. Good shit in SF4, also. You're my Seth-inspiration. :)

good games everyone.

Crow - BAN. And why the fuck does WS B whiff over Lizzy's head? wtflol.

Wolfkrone - Next time I'll only pull out Yoda if I have a one match lead, so you can't rape the shit out of me with Amy.

Dorian - Some nice matches, especially that intense mirror match.

Ayanami - Greatly improved Hilde, made me pull out Yoda.

STD - I was about ready to pull out Yoda against you. Nice job with the intense poke damage. I recommend finding a new combo from 66A+B that's less aerial controllable.

Josh - I never fought you, but still a nice Setsuka.

btw, Dorian also played as Siegfried against me for one match.

5: STD (Raph)。。。。。。。HMMMM at least you play a fencer type character......so i guess i can let you use the name...

but at least put STD(2)....or something...so we can be different..ya? ya? ^^b

btw..grats on your placing ^^ keep it up the "other" STDwwwww

Here are the other results I remember...

SF4 Singles:

1st. TheAlucard (Balrog) - This was the guy who won the Ohio Gamestop regional btw.
2nd. Josh Ballard (Seth, Balrog) - I only used Rog a few matches because their PS3 setup didn't have Seth unlocked, lol
3rd. Ladymachine (Sagat, Rose) - Our losers finals match was epic, I won the last round by time-out =P
4th. Mike (Ryu)
t5th. Wolfkrone (C.Viper, Vega) - This guy beasts on a PS3 pad, and I think he's definitely one to watch for.
t5th. Thundercats (???)
t7th. Grego (Balrog, Zangief)
t7th. 50/50 (Bison)

SF4 2v2 Teams:

1st. Grego (Balrog)/Ladymachine (Sagat)
2nd. Josh Ballard (Seth, Balrog)/STD (Bison, Guile, Rufus, Sagat, Chun)
3rd. Mike (Ryu)/Derek (Fuerte, Fei-Long)
4th. Sean (Ken)/Cody (Balrog)

Note: Grand finals were recorded and played on the PS3 setup, which was the only time I used Balrog in this tourney. Didn't really mind, and actually did better there than I did in winners finals with Seth =P

Guilty Gear:

1st. Josh Ballard (ABA)
2nd. Yusuke (Eddie)
3rd. Derek (Chipp)
4th. Kenta (May)

Random Tourney:

AaronS and Kenta were top two, don't know what order, and Crow got 3rd. Among the games were Senko no Ronde, Battle Fantasia, Gundam Battle Assault, SF The Movie, and I think Arcana Heart?

Hey Crow... I got some new names for your events...

Slumcrow Millionare (Slumdog Millionare)
After the Crow has Fallen (After the Rain has Fallen)
He Crows Through the Raindrops (The Legend of Chun Li)
The Tale of Despercrow (The Tale of Desperauex)
The Day the Crow Stood Still (The Day the Earth Stood Still)
2010: The Year We Made Crow (2010: The Year We Made Contact)
Journey to the Center of the Crow (Journey to the Center of the Earth)
Soylent Green is Made of Crow (Soylent Green)
Hannah Montana: Keeping it Crow (lol)

Notice how most of them are about eating and killing crows.

lololololololololololololololololololololololol. I just looked at Hilde's frame date for the second time. I am not very impressed. I was expecting +9000 on block like everyone has been saying, but more than half of her charges are negative on block. luulz, maybe I won't need Yoda next time. maybe.

Hey Crow... I got some new names for your events...

Slumcrow Millionare (Slumdog Millionare)
After the Crow has Fallen (After the Rain has Fallen)
He Crows Through the Raindrops (The Legend of Chun Li)
The Tale of Despercrow (The Tale of Desperauex)
The Day the Crow Stood Still (The Day the Earth Stood Still)
2010: The Year We Made Crow (2010: The Year We Made Contact)
Journey to the Center of the Crow (Journey to the Center of the Earth)
Soylent Green is Made of Crow (Soylent Green)
Hannah Montana: Keeping it Crow (lol)

Notice how most of them are about eating and killing crows.

lame

10 char

STD - I was about ready to pull out Yoda against you. Nice job with the intense poke damage. I recommend finding a new combo from 66A+B that's less aerial controllable.

Thanx! After our match Crow gave me some tips about following up that 66A+B, and he told me to watch out for the Mailbox special! u kept spamming it in the 4th round of the 2nd match. lol

Crow next time we play dont use online tactics......that was lame, and stop picking God tier characters (rock) aginst me!!! lol

Josh- Great stuff dude, if u dont want me on your team next time i understand, but since Ayanami let me borrow his arcade stick i can finally practice again, so if u can make it to Crow's tournament i look foward to playing aginst you.

lololololololololololololololololololololololol. I just looked at Hilde's frame date for the second time. I am not very impressed. I was expecting +9000 on block like everyone has been saying, but more than half of her charges are negative on block. luulz, maybe I won't need Yoda next time. maybe.

Uhh, Charge2/3 A are +3 and Charge2 B is +2, and that's what you're blocking 99% of the time, and she has an uninterpretable mid kick afterward. The only one you'll be blocking that isn't that good is Charge3 B, which is still technically safe AND pushes out forever. Both lead to doom combo, both deal good SG damage, each kill step to one specific side. You saw for yourself how hard it was for me to deal with that- it's constantly a guessing game in Hilde's favor no matter what. Even on walled stages, those are basically long range launchers that are + on block and lead to +30% of your life. Who ELSE has that in SC4? Or any SC game for that matter? SC3 X wasn't even that good, lol.

I guess if I had played as Amy or X, it would've been less of an issue since they are fast enough to beat the 2K/3K, but I didn't. I thought it was pretty clear that if Wolfkrone had lucked out with better stage selections, that I would've been murdered.

Uhh, Charge2/3 A are +3 and Charge2 B is +2, and that's what you're blocking 99% of the time, and she has an uninterpretable mid kick afterward. The only one you'll be blocking that isn't that good is Charge3 B, which is still technically safe AND pushes out forever. Both lead to doom combo, both deal good SG damage, each kill step to one specific side. You saw for yourself how hard it was for me to deal with that- it's constantly a guessing game in Hilde's favor no matter what. Even on walled stages, those are basically long range launchers that are + on block and lead to +30% of your life. Who ELSE has that in SC4? Or any SC game for that matter? SC3 X wasn't even that good, lol.

Also keep in mind that the moves that are -1, -2 on block, she can just follow up with auto GI charge A's afterwards, or 7k into doom combo. There isn't a single charge move she has (yes even C3b from the range you should be using it from) where she doesn't have the advantage in a guessing game after. So basically, Hilde is never at a disadvantage, EVER.

If you lose with Hilde, you've got nobody to blame but yourself.

I guess if I had played as Amy or X, it would've been less of an issue since they are fast enough to beat the 2K/3K, but I didn't. I thought it was pretty clear that if Wolfkrone had lucked out with better stage selections, that I would've been murdered.

It's just that I thought they were ALL plus frames on block, so I was surprised to hear otherwise.

@Kowtow - Isn't 7_8K into doom combo only a tech trap? And isn't 7_8K a high attack?

@Kowtow - Isn't 7_8K into doom combo only a tech trap? And isn't 7_8K a high attack?

It's still something to watch out for even if it's high. If you're using a move that can both beat auto GI and backdash, most likely 7k is gonna beat that. So it's a viable tool since opponents will be looking to use moves that beat the auto-GI and/or her backdash.

god dammit who keeps putting jeff hardy in the tags

I don't know, but whoever put bring_me_the_horizon must have been a sexy pimp.

Also, Josh played as Yoshimitsu against Dorian for one match.

/edit/ I also have some vids, but once again, the camera ran out of batteries about halfway through. I have everything up until my Yoda vs Ayanami's Hilde.

I had a great time at DigiOps once again. Major props to AaronS for once again making this thing happen.

Crow - I get millions and millions of points for pride. Also gold.

Mailbox - Good matches man, actually got a match from ya this time. Next time I will try to be more prepared for the little green guy.

Dorian - You have to come out for more SC tourneys man. I had a blast playing casuals with ya.

Josh - Awesome Seth in SF man, I felt like if you had trained just a touch of SC before the tourney / proper stick was working, you would have trounced me.

I didn't really get a chance to play against Wolfkrone or talk to him really. Good stuff in the tourney though.

Back