Discussion about the Tier Discussion

Do you agree with me?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how I have won 4 tournaments since release and have a sponsorship then, no?
Granted, I'm not Saitoh, but I can still compete.

And I'm way out of your league.

Funny how I have won 4 tournaments since release and have a sponsorship then, no?
Granted, I'm not Saitoh, but I can still compete.

And I'm way out of your league.

funny of how you still lose hopelessly to any serious player....
and funny how you have to mention your local tournaments as relevant....

But when people i know play against you you lose horribly because you are tired, your stick is broken, you are not in the mood...

etc etc etc....
You are so pro.....at forum trolling....

p.S. i would invite you in a room with friends but you'll probably say online is wrong and excuses like those...
Strange that so many real pro players play online the same....

?
I won a streamed tournament on Saturday and beat the best player in Scotland in both Winners finals and Grand finals. K thnx scrub.

I won the new SFxTekken stick (V.S edition) a top of the range headset, a vault chrome case for my 360 and £50 at (and I quote) the biggest gaming festival in the UK. This is totally a local tournament. ~_~

it definitely is..

Well no problem i'll make sure to have some people i play with record your next OFFLINE meeting with them to show how you are on another league....

and it will be fun to hear new excuses......

If you mean impact, I was on a friend's stick because it was PS3 and the start button was right next to the fight buttons with no lock function - so whenever I tried JF Twister half the time start would get hit and I forfeit the round. On the same day I beat Shenchan down in casuals, so go figure... =/

And the fact that you actually wrote the word offline amazes me. As for on another league, I'd say the UK heirarchy is this:
Top 5
Hyrul, Talon, Will, Shinjin, myself
I don't know where everyone places in that list, except that Hyrul is #1 - my offline record in the UK, Cannes and SCV/SCIV is consistent with that. No excuses necessary.

My record so far:
Tournaments entered: 14
Top 8: 2
Top 3: 4
1st Place: 4

Darkfender's record so far:
Nothing because he is a scrub.

I'm going to ignore you now, you're really not worth the effort. Go back to crying about Raph now? Its all you're good for.

no just no.....
I'd gladly play scIV hilde all day rather than having to play a game broken like scIV
Its known that against hilde one single mistake could cost you a round.

You misunderstood me. I was trying to say sc4 hilde WAS OP, and no one in sc5 is god tier like she was.

learn to read correctly.

You misunderstood me. I was trying to say sc4 hilde WAS OP, and no one in sc5 is god tier like she was.

learn to read correctly.
i'd say:
almost everyone in scV is god tier like hilde was.
Maxi could kill you in 1 string, same for algol, and astaroth (before the various patches)
Now most characters can kill you in 2 hits.

Some of those are on the same league of C2A (even faster and better) with the difference that no ring positioning can save you.
P.S. @synraii yet offline you lose 3-0 against people i play against despite saying you are on "another league" (your words)...
You'll have soon many other chances (offline) to show how you are far superior...look forward to new excuses.

If everyone can do it how is it "God Tier"? That statement contradicts itself. So everyone has a massive advantage versus everyone? Makes no sense.
Broken....
Ssame concept that 2 hits KO is wrong if they comes from fast launchers and similar.

reaction and tactic is far less rewarding than it was in scV whereas guessing is really important.

i'd say:
almost everyone in scV is god tier like hilde was.
Maxi could kill you in 1 string, same for algol, and astaroth (before the various patches)
Now most characters can kill you in 2 hits.

Some of those are on the same league of C2A (even faster and better) with the difference that no ring positioning can save you.
P.S. @synraii yet offline you lose 3-0 against people i play against despite saying you are on "another league" (your words)...
You'll have soon many other chances (offline) to show how you are far superior...look forward to new excuses.

Lol Darkfender. The more you post, the scrubbier you sound. Do you even play this game? Yes damage is high, but you are greatly exaggerating it. No one was ever able to kill you in 1 string (could be wrong, maybe Asta or Nightmare have some crazy situational corner combo I don't know about). Even now, there are few characters that kill you in 2 strings, and those strings that do half life usually cost 1-2 meter.

In any case, there is still not a character that has anything near as broken as Hilde. Hilde was stupid not only because she did 1/2 life combos that could Ring Out from across the screen, but because properties on her charge moves were just retarded. C3A was fast, aGIed, TCed, and gave advantage on block. No one has anything on that level of bullshit in this game. And the other problem with Hilde was that no other character had that kind of damage. In this game, most of the characters are a lot better than their SC4 versions, and that kind of damage is common...... except with Raphael. Boo Hoo.

I played Maxi in SC4, but you didn't hear me bitching about how the game was crap because my character sucked. Sure I wished he was better, but that didn't make me despise the game the way you seem to. I still had fun playing him, and I still found ways to win against good players. Sure I wasn't gonna win EVO or anything with him, but so what. If you want to be a successful tournament player, don't use bad characters like Raphael. If you want to have fun and challenge yourself to overcome your character's shortcomings, quit bitching and figure it out.

And would you stop talking about "the people that you play with", that say Synraii is bad. Who are these people anyways? What do they say about the way you play? I've never played him myself, but he seems to have a pretty solid tourney record. The "people you play with" that 3-0 him, must also be very solid players, if they even exist.

did you playe before 1.02?
Did you see moves properties in SCV?
Also again officially hilde was banned "due to people complaining" :D not for being broken....

Oh so synraii has a good record he must be a pro....what if i say what i won?
What if i say i am possibly one of best 10-20 italian scV players?

It sounds so pro........but what if in reality there are no more than 10-20 decent players in italy, yet i am not on the level of some of them? (those than can really compete and do well in a big event not in a local nationals where even i could get some results EVEN with raphael).
omitting the second part i can pretend to be a pro also ignoring the fact that tournament community in EU countries is not so big (except for France) as it seems despite having some quality?

In that way i can give my scV manipulated curriculum instead of disccussing facts.....

But when it comes to facing REAL good players comes real problems.....it seems this will happen soon and having syn defined them on a lower level (despite losing hardly to them) it will be fun.

P.S. also why you have to talk about raph every time is a mistery.....
look at solo's vid....you would consider that a good game?

P.P.s. also made lot of friends between tournament pros, and they all said my raph is good (without asking >,>) fortunately i perfectly know that they are instead really on another level.....at least they do not have an easy match against me....
For syn i had the bad luck of playing him in a friendly online tournament during lag calibur4.....why doyou think e constantly flame against me in every thread? :D
Some people really cannot lose...even when it doesn t prove nothing (see online in scIV).

Yes, I did play before 1.02. I played Maxi on day 1 and I still do. Maxi's was never able to kill you in one combo. The best he could maybe get was 200 damage, off of a beefy 44B into 1.5 meter wall combo, but that rarely happened. Typically his combos were just under 50% life with 1 full meter. Algol and Viola still have combos that do more damage than the old Maxi ever did.

And I don't even understand what the rest of your post is. You are basically trying to back away with some really ambiguous post about how you "could be" a top player, even though you're not. Synraii is posting real tournament results. He isn't making claims that he's the best player in the world, just trying to show that he is more than a scrubby online troll.

This thread is lulz incarnate.
Agreed.

Either way, very interesting stuff. I should note that some how everyone seemed to bypass the fact that everything I was saying pertaining to Raph or any specific character was simply to represent a concept more than a specific thing.
Still, very interesting how this thread turned into a fight of sorts :D

Yes, I did play before 1.02. I played Maxi on day 1 and I still do. Maxi's was never able to kill you in one combo. The best he could maybe get was 200 damage, off of a beefy 44B into 1.5 meter wall combo, but that rarely happened. Typically his combos were just under 50% life with 1 full meter. Algol and Viola still have combos that do more damage than the old Maxi ever did.

I believe I was able to do 212 damage with maxi pre-patch with like full gauge and ideal situations. Still, 50% with 1 meter is about right. I miss Roid-Maxi but that's just my personal sorrows oozing out.

[notice]We're going to have a short hiatus on tier threads. Take some time off and do something completely unrelated to tiers - give yourselves time to cool off. See you in a week.[/notice]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back