Do the fans still care about 'em? Episode #5 Zasalamel

Shall Zasalamel continue to live?

• Total voters

HydroJames

Shining Sea Dragon
:sc3zas1: Soul Calibur's token black guy. Found the secret to reincarnation, but grew tired of re-experiencing death so he wanted the spirit swords so he can die permanently.

In his SC4 ending, he changes his mind, to achieve true immortality to guide the future as it looks bright!

Zasalamel is badass and his fighting style very interesting. I don´t feel any particular bond with him, personally it won´t affect me if he is in or out, but I have to admit he is pretty cool.

Last edited:
Hell yeah he should come back. Though if they did destined battles again Ezio should be his rival.

On his SC4 ending if Tekken and Soul Calibur are in the same universe (correct me if I'm wrong). Wouldn't he around during the events of Tekken.

I want the SCIII-style manipulative asshole Zassy back, that pansy SCIV "oh hey immortality is all right guys" Zassy needs to go die in a fire.

Zasalamel is a character that I was initially surprised wasn't in the SCV roster. But considering the contortions the storyline had to go through to keep him in the last game, it's not that surprising in hindsight.

I never cared much for him. He's a manipulative dickhole with a really, really cool fighting style. That's it.

Theoretically, Zasalamel is the perfect fighting game character; Being able to resurrect, he can simply keep popping back in the games for no reason.

But there lies the problem, y'see?

Because Soul Calibur is a fighting series with a heavy emphasis on story, Namdai basically needs to come up with a reason for him to appear every time. In SC4, Namdai back-peddled hardcore to have an excuse to have Zasalamel in the game again.And there's simply no good reason for him to return this time. He's already secured the future he wanted, so why does he need a reason to interfere this time?

Bottom line, I'd like him to return, but I wouldn't hold my breath. And if he doesn't, I won't lose sleep over it.

Zasalamel is a character that I was initially surprised wasn't in the SCV roster. But considering the contortions the storyline had to go through to keep him in the last game, it's not that surprising in hindsight.

I never cared much for him. He's a manipulative dickhole with a really, really cool fighting style. That's it.

Theoretically, Zasalamel is the perfect fighting game character; Being able to resurrect, he can simply keep popping back in the games for no reason.

But there lies the problem, y'see?

Because Soul Calibur is a fighting series with a heavy emphasis on story, Namdai basically needs to come up with a reason for him to appear every time. In SC4, Namdai back-peddled hardcore to have an excuse to have Zasalamel in the game again.And there's simply no good reason for him to return this time. He's already secured the future he wanted, so why does he need a reason to interfere this time?

Bottom line, I'd like him to return, but I wouldn't hold my breath. And if he doesn't, I won't lose sleep over it.
I don't think his ending was cannon. Siegfried beat nightmare in sc4 so who is to say that the future he wanted is still in doubt?

I don't think his ending was cannon. Siegfried beat nightmare in sc4 so who is to say that the future he wanted is still in doubt?

I don't know what to tell ya. The only other story reason I can come up with is that Zasalamel died in SCIV, and if that was true, then Zas would be 17, and thusly, still be able to fight.

The only actual reason I can think of is that either Project Soul cut him from the game because he wasn't popular. Or time constraints.

I don't know what to tell ya. The only other story reason I can come up with is that Zasalamel died in SCIV, and if that was true, then Zas would be 17, and thusly, still be able to fight.

The only actual reason I can think of is that either Project Soul cut him from the game because he wasn't popular. Or time constraints.
Lets hope so, young Zasalamel would be cool. Also I cant say Ive heard of anyone disliking Zasalamel. There was a thread a while back where some modders found his model on the disk but it was unusuable, so im guessing Zasalamel was cut because of time constraints, though why Namco didn't even attempt to DLC him like Damp is a mystery to me.

Lets hope so, young Zasalamel would be cool. Also I cant say Ive heard of anyone disliking Zasalamel. There was a thread a while back where some modders found his model on the disk but it was unusuable, so im guessing Zasalamel was cut because of time constraints, though why Namco didn't even attempt to DLC him like Damp is a mystery to me.

Because Dampierre wasn't really DLC. Dampierre was already in the game. He was just forcibly locked for a limited time unless you pre-ordered.

Kinda like all the bonus content in TTT2, but without the money sink.

Honestly, I never used Zasalamel much... But he was fun to play as whenever I got around to him. His design was great, I especially loved his look in SC3 (which is not an Assassin's Creed ripoff -_-), and his scythe weapon was fitting for him.

Going by the story, it wasn't too surprising that he didn't come back as I felt he found peace in living for the future but it still sucked to see him not in the cast for SCV. I hope he comes back or like another user said, a young Zasalamel. <3 I know if he comes back, I'll probably use him a lot more. :)

He's cool and all.

But I think its time for someone else to honor his legacy and wield a scythe like he does.

:sc3zas1: Soul Calibur's token black guy. Found the secret to reincarnation, but grew tired of re-experiencing death so he wanted the spirit swords so he can die permanently.

In his SC4 ending, he changes his mind, to achieve true immortality to guide the future as it looks bright!

In my opinion, Zasalamel is the most badass character in the whole series. He throws a giant cogwheel at you! And he should come back!

we really don't need an emissary for the black lives matter campaign in SC, half the reason people that want him back is simply because he's black...he's got virtually no personality, a boring AF and uninspiring backstory.
I will say however that his design in SC3 was cool and his moveset and weapon were hella sick.

we really don't need an emissary for the black lives matter campaign in SC, half the reason people that want him back is simply because he's black...he's got virtually no personality, a boring AF and uninspiring backstory.
I will say however that his design in SC3 was cool and his moveset and weapon were hella sick.
Go F Yourself! Zasalamel has a badass personality and nothing will change that!

Back