Do you blame SCV what is going wrong with the franchise?

I liked SCV. It was a rushed game but imo still better than SC4. Also it was a game that made Namco be more active and in touch with the community.

Too bad it only lasted a few months. After the 3 patches were released, it's like they stopped caring about the game entirely. Lack of support is the biggest factor here.

I blaming Namco for not trusting in SC2's new gameplay foundation that evoled (& surpassed) from SC1, & for going back to SC1 as foundation for SC3,4&5.

I blame Namco for injecting their "common" japanese-soup-opera's acting dramas into all characters, rather than making each act as from where they come from on the World. Imo this one aspect the hinders or/& ruins cut scenes, battle intro/winning animations & comments, story development choices. (For those who dont know what i mean: this is the difference in how a story is handle through its elements between the 1st MetalGearSolid on PS1 & the rest of the MGS games that came after MGS2.)

I blame Namco for paying more heed to random players than to their already builded fan base.

SCV might have been the wake-up call that they were jumping the shark with what they wanted to do in order to make SC more mainstream, and when that went sour with the fanbase I'd like to think SCV was accepted as a mistake, that and the bad management from Namco not treating SC as legitimate enough to them as a franchise. Even if SCV wasn't rushed out, I didn't like the direction it started with from the initial release. Bad writing, Bad new characters, Bad story, if they didn't have bad management they might have been more confident in the already bad direction SCV was in.

SCV might have been the wake-up call that they were jumping the shark with what they wanted to do in order to make SC more mainstream, and when that went sour with the fanbase I'd like to think SCV was accepted as a mistake, that and the bad management from Namco not treating SC as legitimate enough to them as a franchise. Even if SCV wasn't rushed out, I didn't like the direction it started with from the initial release. Bad writing, Bad new characters, Bad story, if they didn't have bad management they might have been more confident in the already bad direction SCV was in.

Time has proven that SCV went on a wrong route, but now a real chance at redemption to our beloved franchise is upon us with SCVI.

I'll definitely buy it.

Back