Draggonnfs' CaS - SCV, SCIV, SCBD, SCIII

How important is Creation in Soul Calibur for you?

• Total voters
Cute as a button, my absolute favourite being the one with black stockings / leggins etc.
Simple yet genius combo, and so damn hot :)
The colors are a bit too bright for my own taste sometimes, so for me it works best when there is a lot of contrast between colors

Cute as a button, my absolute favourite being the one with black stockings / leggins etc.
Simple yet genius combo, and so damn hot :)
The colors are a bit too bright for my own taste sometimes, so for me it works best when there is a lot of contrast between colors
Thanks. Well, my favourite color combination always was 0:0,0 with 9:7,14; don't know if you meant thatwas too bright. But I know that the pink certainly sometimes is too bright, recently I've been trying to use lighter tones, like 9:58,2; but that doesn't look good on some materials, it's too dark.

One of my Creations, Sai Wielder (2p?)

https://8wayrun.com/attachments/soulcalibur-_16-png.45355/

Draggonnfs, I made these shots and created this earlier this morning. I got extremely lucky I remembered about the SCV PS3 Screenshot feature for this game. I've gone and exited the editing to the Creation main menu without saving. All the changes and adjustments I've made since this morning are all gone. I started from last night and that's now what I STILL HAVE in my in-game Creation.
Luckily I made screenshots of the Creation right before exiting without saving...

Please, tell me what you think. The color scheme may be bland; she's not one for fashion, she's an effective assassin. I really just wanted to focus mainly on her motifs. At least to be different from the 1p version but with the same feel since she is the same character.

Attachments

• SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_16.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_16.png
    585.8 KB · Views: 285
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ.png
    642.9 KB · Views: 192
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_2.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_2.png
    517.7 KB · Views: 177
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_3.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_3.png
    420.5 KB · Views: 273
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_4.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_4.png
    600.1 KB · Views: 328
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_5.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_5.png
    528.3 KB · Views: 251
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_6.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_6.png
    616.8 KB · Views: 237
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_7.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_7.png
    503 KB · Views: 210
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_10.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_10.png
    499.4 KB · Views: 235
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_12.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_12.png
    615.6 KB · Views: 181
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_14.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_14.png
    611.8 KB · Views: 166
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_16.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_16.png
    585.8 KB · Views: 237
One of my Creations, Sai Wielder (2p?)

Well that's pretty sick! Don't say the color scheme is bland, just look at my characters :D I quite often like to do simple characters or with a flat color scheme, I just like slick simplicity sometimes. Well, when it comes to the colors of her equipment, I think that toning down some of the bright colored patterns and making the belt white would look better, but well... That's what I like, so, you do it as YOU like :D This also reminds me it would be cool to go back to some of my earlier characters where I used stickers and patterns more extensively.

Oh, I'm surprised that the colors weren't so bland iyo. Everything was looking so one-colored, but at the same time, anything that was not white in color I didn't want to clash out or have colors compete with each other.
The belt I DID actually think of keeping white, but instead I went off to try something on the character that was dark in contrast. Uhh... I guess the belt was it.
Darn, I can't make further changes to this, (these current changes were deleted), but at least I can later sketch a drawing of this on paper. I'll use your suggestions in one drawing and in another, I'll alter articles to the character that the game itself could not provide.

Oh, I'm surprised that the colors weren't so bland iyo. Everything was looking so one-colored, but at the same time, anything that was not white in color I didn't want to clash out or have colors compete with each other.
The belt I DID actually think of keeping white, but instead I went off to try something on the character that was dark in contrast. Uhh... I guess the belt was it.
Darn, I can't make further changes to this, (these current changes were deleted), but at least I can later sketch a drawing of this on paper. I'll use your suggestions in one drawing and in another, I'll alter articles to the character that the game itself could not provide.
Hey, you don't have to do what I said. You asked my opinion, and I basically compared your character to what I'd do with it. I really don't know anything about design, my characters are mostly just what is beautiful to me. So, just do it how you want, they're your characters. :D

Ok, got some more stuff for your faces. I feel quite bad for not uploading anything in several eternities, but then again, there are like two or three people that actually give a toss. I focus on FFXIII right now, and I play classic Doom like three hours everyday, all the mods are awesome. And frankly, SC gets dull sometimes, and I'm getting fed up with all the idiocy, hate and cancer on 8WR.... Oh well, here's some stuff to look at and laugh.

• Here's my pathetic attempt and SoulBlade Hwang. Style - Mitsurugi
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ.png

• Here's an edited character from earlier, looks much better now, imo.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_1.png

• I really like to do these - armor on legs and arms, but normal clothes on the body, even though it would make no sense in reality. Style - Natsu
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_2.png

• Probably the best I can do with that collector armor, I really like it. Also I want to use more of the special equipment in the future. Style - Elysium
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_3.png

• Here's Sazh Katzroy from FFXIII, who I find quite likeable. I tried doing Vanille, my favourite character of FFXIII, but that went rather disappointingly.... Style - Cervantes
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_4.png

• This. Whatever it is. Style - Patroklos
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_5.png

• As generic as it gets catgirl maid thing. Style - Patroklos
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_6.png

• I did a few of these just with different patterns, I think they're sweet. Style - Pyrrha
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_8.png

• This one kind of to my own surprise makes me smile everytime I see her. Just super, super sweet. Maybe it's just me. Style - Pyrrha
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_11.png

• Style - Pyrrha
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_12.png

• Style - Pyrrha
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_9.png

• Style - Pyrrha
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_14.png

• I think this one might have been here before, I don't know, what the heck. Style - Patroklos
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_15.png

• And finally this little sweetie. Style - Pyrrha
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_13.png

1- That's a pretty good rendition of him from SC3
I also liked 5, 9 and 11.
For your #13, what was the given name for her upper body armor/top?

1- That's a pretty good rendition of him from SC3
I also liked 5, 9 and 11.
For your #13, what was the given name for her upper body armor/top?
It's the Chiton, with stickers, and the Kitty Sash removes the bottom part.

I didn't have much time, blah-blah-blah, I focused on other stuff, blah-blah-blah, I'm lazy as all fuck, blah-blah-blah. Right. Now on to the creations.

• Yeah, angels, what else. Style - Siegfried
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ.png

• I was just delving a bit deeper into a few styles, and I found I actually quite enjoy playing Xiba. Not stock Xiba, of course... Style -.... Well I guess you can figure it out yourself.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_2.png

• I think the... backside Kappa went rather well too.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_1.png

• Cervantes' style is badass. I don't need more reasons to make a character with his style. Style - Cervantes
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_3.png

• Dumped some DLCs I don't use otherwise on this one. Style - Mitsurugi
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_4.png

• Style - Edge Master
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_5.png

• One of the very few characters that actually has a name. Her name is Makenshi, called after the demon swordsman from Final Fantasy Unlimited. I love FFU, I have my reasons. Hasn't really got much to do with the FFU character though. Style - Siegfried
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_6.png

• Screwed up screenshot. Whatever. Style - Patroklos
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_7.png

• Style - Edge Master
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_8.png

• And probably the best I have to show today. I really like this one, I'll officially consider her as one of my best :D Style - Patroklos
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_9.png

That's all for now, I'll see you around. As always, any feedback is appreciated.

1 is great!
2 I'llllllll... say is alright. I do give you credit for the concept you were going for. The traditional outfit just to go with Xiba's style seemed to be fitting.
6's nice.

- 7: Ahh, I get it. A National Football League Team, New Orleans Saints kind of girl. Kappa

Last edited:
I really like the simplicity of your designs. Color is the main attraction of a lot of them but you find small ways to add in patterns or stickers. Hope to keep seeing more.

Alright, finally some more stuff coming up, to possibly make your Christmas a tiny bit better. There's a lot of stuff today, because it also includes SCIV and SCIII characters! I have a game capture thing now, so I could do screenshots of SCIV and SCIII. But... I took all the screenshots, and they looked considerably worse than video recordings, especially with SCIII... But well, I couldn't be bothered to record a video and take snaps from that.
Also, since there's so much stuff this time, I'll put it in spoiler tags, as many of you wanted me to. It's just going to be sorted into SCV, SCIV and SCIII.

Now, there isn't really that many SCV characters, because since my last post I got into modding and spent most of my time and efforts on that. But there still are some decent characters here nevertheless.

• Pyrrha edit
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ.png

• Pyrrha edit
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_2.png

• Used to be an ordinary character, but since it's Christmas, I took the oportunity by the balls and added a crappy Santa hat and a candy cane pattern to the staff. Style - Xiba
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_3.png

• Fairly simple, fairly cute. Style - Patroklos
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_4.png

• Moe inbound. Style - Pyrrha
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_5.png

• One of my better ones imo. And certainly the best thing on offer today. Style - Sieg
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_6.png

• This one is actually slightly modded, only so that the belt is invisible. But that's only.... visible... When you actually use the character. Style - Chirrut :D
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_7.png

• Nothing special about this one, just wanted to use that DLC on something. Style - Xiba
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_8.png

• Style - Pyrrha
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_9.png

• Style - Sieg (I know it makes no sense)
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_10.png

• This one actually has a name - Candy :3 Style - Xiba
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_11.png

• Bonus - when it goes wrong :D
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_1.png
I'll only put some notable characters here, since most of my slots are taken up with recolors of stock characters or minor variations of existing CaS.
I also used the Star Wars stage with most characters, because it has the most even lighting.
  • Sieg edit, the idea is to make him look younger and more casual, like in SoulBlade
161222-1917-13.jpg

• Sieg edit, similiar idea - to make him look younger and more "upper class". Also looks a bit like Frederick in Sieg's SCIV story mode.
161222-1918-27.jpg

• Hilde 2P recolor.
161222-1920-15.jpg

• Close-up
161222-1920-39.jpg

• Another recolor
161222-1921-15.jpg

• Here come dem muh Talim edits
161222-1922-25.jpg
161224-1427-37.jpg
161224-1428-39.jpg
161224-1429-20.jpg
161224-1429-47.jpg

• Taki edit - I wanted her to have a badass suit of armor.
161224-1426-27.jpg

• Style - Raphael
161224-1425-51.jpg

• My main SCIV character - the Ass Kicker. Also a perfect demonstration of my argument that SCIV looks utterly beautiful, in most cases better than SCV (to me).
161222-1923-05.jpg

• Style - Mitsurugi
161222-1926-28.jpg

• A different variation of the Ass Kicker. The timing was off, because there's a delay with my capture device, but it makes a nice effect.
161222-1927-13.jpg

161222-1928-16.jpg

• Style - Taki
161222-1929-35.jpg

• Style - Taki
161222-1930-27.jpg

• Style - Taki
161222-1930-49.jpg

• Style - Taki
161222-1931-06.jpg

• Do you remember the Battle Tank from SCV? This is the SCIV variation. Style - Siegfried
161222-1931-27.jpg

• There's never too many pink characters. NEVER. Style - Sophie
161222-1931-50.jpg

• Style - Cassandra and Sophie
161222-1932-22.jpg

• Style - Mitsurugi
161222-1932-58.jpg

• A recolor of the Ass Kicker
161222-1933-18.jpg

• Yup, more pink. Style - Sophie
161222-1933-47.jpg

• Style - Sophie. Originally a BD character, and I must say it looks better in BD. Style - Sophie
161222-1934-12.jpg

• My only Zas character, because Zas is so badass, I usually use him as he is.
161222-1934-52.jpg

• Style - Taki
161222-1935-08.jpg

Well, the quality of these is quite amazingly terrible (trust me, looks much better irl), so I also include a close-up with most characters. Also, I don't remember the styles for most of them, so the description will be... Even more boring than usual.

161222-1956-10.jpg

161222-1956-21.jpg
161222-1956-52.jpg
161222-1957-00.jpg
161222-1957-20.jpg
161222-1957-26.jpg

• My absolute fav of all of my SCIII characters! So damn beautiful... Style - Sword Master
161222-1957-53.jpg
161222-1958-07.jpg

161222-1958-28.jpg
161222-1958-39.jpg
161222-1958-59.jpg
161222-1959-06.jpg
161222-1959-23.jpg
161222-1959-28.jpg
161222-1959-45.jpg
161222-1959-53.jpg
161222-2000-13.jpg
161222-2000-29.jpg
161222-2001-40.jpg
161222-2001-49.jpg
161222-2002-44.jpg
161222-2002-49.jpg
161222-2003-10.jpg
161222-2003-22.jpg
161222-2003-46.jpg
161222-2003-55.jpg
161222-2004-11.jpg
161222-2004-24.jpg
161222-2004-45.jpg
161222-2004-53.jpg

That's about it. A load of stuff this time. So, as always, let me know what you think and thanks.

Attachments

• 161222-1920-17.jpg
    161222-1920-17.jpg
    311.2 KB · Views: 146
  • 161222-1923-08.jpg
    161222-1923-08.jpg
    330.5 KB · Views: 118
  • 161222-1927-15.jpg
    161222-1927-15.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 125
  • 161222-1927-40.jpg
    161222-1927-40.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 129
The bad news
You have potential to wow people, but some CAS you make can be forgettable. Always consider what you put into your CAS. I know how tempting it is to have wings, kimono, and greaves matching in color. However, sometimes the smallest detail can derp your CAS.

Wings and kimono in white sounds great on a lass, but without coherency it's derpy. Most animu customs I see online are overlooked because they don't have a theme and they're not coherent.

Sorry to bring in 2 old CAS of mine to your thread, but this is coherency. Spring Leixia. Or the little butterfly of spring. And Mitsurugi in Russia.

Spring Leixia (14).png
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_30.png

The good news
Both Siegfried edits is coherent and simple. This is why it shines the most in my book.

Out of the ladies....the Hilde edit red and black is nice, battle tank lass is nice, talim in that black and pink amy design is cute. That's all I liked of SCIV cas.

Out of SCIII, these two are best.
161228_150639_COLLAGE-1.jpg

The one on left is missing a waist armor piece, and she's good. The one on the right needs a third color to balance out the outfit and she's good.

Out of SCV, those eyes are funny on that bonus guy.

Well thanks for the reply, @Pocky-Yoshi. I get that most ppl here find my stuff boring, because there's some epic stuff on 8WR compared to which mine is usually just like any other SCV casual's. In SCV, I really started to do simpler things, I don't know why, but I'll try to come up with something cooler. I like your example Leixia, but the russian Mitsu really isn't my thing. So this is all really quite subjective, but obviously and objectively my cas isn't anything special.

When it comes to SCIII and SCIV, most of the SCIV characters were done before I got into SCV, while most of the SCIII ones were done some time after SCV. Both SCIV and SCIII's cas are pretty limited compared to V, but I actually really like all the equipment in SCIII.

Well, nobody will give a toss about this anyway, so I'll just stop here.

Your command of the editor is good, i especially like the choice of colors and patterns, which make all your CAS nice to the eye.
You might wanna explore other venues in terms of more original CAS concepts or use of ExEq, but as long as you have fun, keep on :)...Angel Sieg and of course Xiba santa girl are my faves of your latest batch. Your SCIV are stunningly beautiful as well i must say, considering the limitations...sorry if i prefer commenting rather than liking, i hate the "like-only" facebookey culture you see :)

Well thanks for the reply, @Pocky-Yoshi. I get that most ppl here find my stuff boring, because there's some epic stuff on 8WR compared to which mine is usually just like any other SCV casual's. In SCV, I really started to do simpler things, I don't know why, but I'll try to come up with something cooler. I like your example Leixia, but the russian Mitsu really isn't my thing. So this is all really quite subjective, but obviously and objectively my cas isn't anything special.

When it comes to SCIII and SCIV, most of the SCIV characters were done before I got into SCV, while most of the SCIII ones were done some time after SCV. Both SCIV and SCIII's cas are pretty limited compared to V, but I actually really like all the equipment in SCIII.

Well, nobody will give a toss about this anyway, so I'll just stop here.
Have some confidence in yourself. Your stuff isn't boring if people liked something. You like simple girly animu gals so that caught my attention to make a critique. I didn't criticize to put you down, I saw potential.

Back