DragonBall movie

looking at the comments of the video, looks like a lot of people think its going to suck pretty hard.

converting anime to real life should kinda never happen.

I don't think it looks TOO bad...but then I thought the same thing about MK:A. lol. Either way as a dbz fan I'm obligated to go see it. I'll keep an open mind and see what happens......sigh. Least it doesn't look as bad as it COULD have looked.

This just seems like one of those properties that shouldn't be turned into a movie because it would either:
a) Be changed and localized too much (as is the case here)
b) Be just like the source material which will not translate well to the big screen at all.

Look at Death note 1 - great movie, changed a few things in order to make more believable in film
Death Note 2 - the whole time i was watching i was thinking "yooooo this can work in an anime but not here". I don't care how smart of a college student you are and how deep your personal investment is, you are NOT gonna help police investigate the biggest mass murderer in the world. Would Doogie Howser investigate Hitler? No

I've done my fair share of burning this piece of shit else where. . .
All I say and do is FACE PALM TO THE FUCKEN MAX!

Yeeeeah, I saw this and was speechless. I'll never understand Hollywood when it comes to live action movies based off anime. The least they could do was make the characters recognizable. Sadly, they couldn't even do that.

This movie is bending my childhood over and prison raping it without lube. I don't watch DBZ or Dragonball anymore but I have fond memories of it as a child, and this movie is basically taking a giant dump on said memories. I mean, come on, Goku is a freaking scrubby ass white dude! wtf?

Speed Racer was awesome as hell. I never listen to movie reviewers...they're usually just stupid.

This, however, looks pretty bad...Goku is going to be in High School (he never had an education), Bulma doesn't have blue hair, and they just picked someone horrible for Goku at all. I'm still gonna see it, I used to be a huge DBZ fan.

This movie is bending my childhood over and prison raping it without lube. I don't watch DBZ or Dragonball anymore but I have fond memories of it as a child, and this movie is basically taking a giant dump on said memories. I mean, come on, Goku is a freaking scrubby ass white dude! wtf?

I couldnt agree more >.<

I honestly... heard about them making this a few years back... and I heard about them dropping it shortly after...

after watching the trailer... it should have been dropped since when did goku not have long hair? bulma not have blue hair...? and dbz look this corny? honestly ... and I thought they fuxed up the eragon movie... this is just sad... very... very... sad Im not even gonna waste my time tivoing this shit when it comes on television

The thing that really screamed "This movie is going to be baaaaad" is when Bulma busted out two handguns, so she can be a "badass" like every freaking movie heroine does nowadays.

There is one praise I have for the movie: the rationalization of the Dragonballs. Their explanation that 7 people previously sealed up Piccolo and then creating the Dragonballs is fairly good, especially for people who aren't DB fans.

But Piccolo is shit powerful from what the trailer says, the Dragonball world isn't the same as it is in the anime (instead, it seems like it takes place in our world -_-). Seeing dinosaurs running around and cities in domes, martial arts tournaments, and strange landscapes had a great charm that made the Dragonball anime good.

Back