Elitism: and why It may harm the Online community down the road.

H-A-N-D-of-God

[09] Warrior
Well I went into a friendly-looking lobby that said "all welcome, Stoners paradise" or something like that. in the lobby was some really good player playing as phyrra and whipping everyone's butt. I lost horribly to the said player,the host screamed and raged at me, sounding like cursing a diseased ox with Down Syndrome, and then kicked from the room for my nubishness. Now this wouldn't have bothered me if the room had said "XXProGauntletXX,Serious business" or something like that, but the fact was it didn't, on the outside it appeared to be just a regular lobby full of regular people. I'm used to a lot of racial slurs and curse words. It's the internet after all, but I havent seen a pack of animals that wild since I played Ranked Matches on Mw2.

I thought those days we're gone with he Passing of Suck calibur 4, bt I guess I was wrong.
I feel like if this type of mindset continues in the online community then new players (or veterans who are rusty) are going to be scared away again, and the sad song of 2 open lobbies with 3 people in them will play in an eternal testament to the mistakes of a venomous, haughty few.

Soul Calibur V is supposed to be a new age for the Fighting Series we all love, and I just wanted to post this because I know as a fighting Community we take pride in our victories, and shame our failures. And I don't think anyone on here was the host, but I feel you guys should know where players like me are coming from. And I want the Online community to be something great for everyone.

That's why I don't mess with lobbies or random player matches anymore, I like the Global Colliseo because you can just have a string of random matches without having to worry about being kicked because you're too good, or not good enough. Also why I don't play with my headset on. I don't have any real life friends who play SC so I just go online to play against real people, not to socialize.

I think in order to be "elitist", you have to actually be good at the game. What you are describing sounds like stupid kids shittalking above their level.

Well, they weren't Elite, but they we're pretty damn good. It's just the fact that anyone, regardless of skill level would act like that, is apalling in my book. Am I alone here or have you guys had similar experiences?

Well, they weren't Elite, but they we're pretty damn good. It's just the fact that anyone, regardless of skill level would act like that, is apalling in my book. Am I alone here or have you guys had similar experiences?
Bitch I'm too good to be shit talked! *snap* *snap*

I've been through this same road in other games, including SCIV. I don't have V, so I can't judge that one yet.

One thing I suggest is to form matches of those from this website. The chances of feeling "un-welcomed" can be quite slim. Not to mention they can help you along the way.

I will offer my first born son when I play a match against someone who doesn't spam AND reacts in a positive way, whether they won or lost.
My first born son.

I will offer my first born son when I play a match against someone who doesn't spam AND reacts in a positive way, whether they won or lost.
My first born son.
Word. Im so tired of facing selfproclaimed "pro-players" who bitch and complain about everything during the match. They also love to send little letters full of hate when were done.

Word. Im so tired of facing selfproclaimed "pro-players" who bitch and complain about everything during the match. They also love to send little letters full of hate when were done.
My point exactly. I was beating this one guy, and he quit the second round and immediately sendint me a message that said "FUCK YOU."
To which I replied "Haw haw, you can't play."
I'm only a dick when I need to be >_> <_<

Lol. I usualy reply with "cool story bro" or I just tell them how to beat move X or tell them dont to spam the same move an entire round hoping that they will actually listen and try to get better at the game.

Btw, I see that you're on PSN. Care to play some matches?
I live in Sweden(EU), so I dont know if there will be any delay, but from my 50+ matches in the N.Y global coluseum its been pretty stable.

I send all hate mail replies that say "Welcome to the SoundReason fan club! Thank you for your fan mail! Due to the overwhelming volume of correspondence we receive, your personalized reply may take some time. In the mean time, stay free!"

So salty.

You're never gonna get rid of this. It's prevalent in any online community, even ones where it doesn't seem to be there. The best you can do is go by the old adage, "treat others the way you want to be treated". I know it may seem lame, but what's the point in arguing with scrubs or elitists? Isn't the point of a game to have fun?

Elitism is one of the reason why I like to avoid this question" Are you any good?" It's not about having confidence in my ability or anything it's just I think if I something the wrong way it leads to a shitstorm I would like to avoid.

Edit: I got an example of this. When I join the Debate Team, and fucking kicking ass at the start. I answer that question. I said," Yeah. I'm pretty good. I can take anybody. I bodied everybody for free." The funniest part about the whole thing is that my teammates don't like me saying "bodied," blown up", or "free". Too many fighting game slang.

I am a pretty average player. When someone joins my room who is much worse than me ( who I have almost 0% chance of losing to ) I normally taunt and teabag them like mad, this is because I am a prick. That said, I never send any hate mail or reply to it. I find that's when it becomes too much effort just to antagonise someone.

I am a pretty average player. When someone joins my room who is much worse than me ( who I have almost 0% chance of losing to ) I normally taunt and teabag them like mad, this is because I am a prick. That said, I never send any hate mail or reply to it. I find that's when it becomes too much effort just to antagonise someone.

LOL I like your style, A dick and not afraid to admit it. If your having trouble finding matches that don't have elitist pigs in them maybe try going to the forums and posting about maybe running some lobbies with people who like to have fun and don't bitch and moan. I know I know it sounds weird but it can work I'm sure you aren't the only person who has run into this problem.

Back