Escape is Futile; Ivy Combos

Posting here just for people to see:

Hey guys I've been looking for random combos and found some cool ones for lethal hits and wallcombos:
3B W! ~ 6B[A] K ~ 4A 4B8 run up and 1K (Total damage: 74) Note that you need to wait a little bit for them to 'slide down' the wall after your 6[K] otherwise your 6B will make them airborne and you lose some damage if you go that route.

Got some lethal hit combos too that include wallsplats:
Lethal Hit AA ~ 6B[A] [K] W! 8B+K ~ 8B+K or 2B+K (Total damage: 89)
Lethal Hit AA ~ 6B[A] [K] W! 8B+K ~ run up and 1K OR 1 (Total damage: 90)
Lethal Hit AA - 66BB W! 3B W! - 6B[A] [K] - 6B+K (Total damage: 103)

Scratch that, just found a better one from the 3B wall combos: 3B W! ~ 6B[A] K ~ 4[A] 6B ~ 6B8 (Total damage: 73) and if you want to be flashy and have some spare meter to throw around end that one with CE instead of 6B8

Another wall combo: 8BB W! ~ 6B[A] K W! ~ 4A 4B8 walk up and 1K (Total damage: 95)
66BB W! 3B W! (let the opponent slide down the wall until they are near the ground) - 6B[A] [K] 8B+K (Total damage: 92

FC 1B, 4(A), SE 5hit JF - 88dmg.

Hard to do, may be character dependent
There's a variation of this that I've seen Sora do, it's the same except you just do normal 4A then 214 SE B:B:B:B:B. They can't get up fast enough to avoid it.

LH AA ~ 6B[A] [K] 6B ~ 6B8 (82 dmg)
LH AA ~ 6B[A] [K] ~ 8B+K (82 dmg)
LH 3B+K ~ 9B+K ~ 4A 4B8 (75 dmg)
LH 3B+K ~ 9B+K ~ 4[A] 8B+K (78 dmg)
LH 66[A] ~ 9B+K ~ 4A 4B8 (91 dmg)

66BB W! ~ 3B W! ~ 6B[A] K ~ 6B8 (90dmg)
66BB W! ~ 3B W! ~ 6B[A] [K] 6B ~ 6B8 (93dmg)

I've been getting some off numbers where its different by 1 point or so sometimes. Don't know why.

Last edited:
@K0rN_b4LL for the LH66[A] you can go into 9B+K ~ B+K ~ 8A+B(B) for 103 dmg

same sequence is also possible for the LH 3B+K (should be around 90 dmg)

Last edited:
Anyone find a good combo for setting up Calamity Symphony? I remember in 4 i used to be able to stun someone and input most of CS during the stun animation.

Tech Trap.....I think
22/88(B) ~ 8B+K < 9B+K
This will hit them if they tech any way but forward, and if you think they will then 8B+K will still grab them. If they tech left it gets a little weird, the 9B+K seems to make them fly towards you too fast for any followups. Even 6B8 whiffed. Maybe that was just me in training, i dunno.

It doesn't work, once I had the settings right the cpu blocked everything.

To make the opponent block on wakeup I just gotta put it on Guard After First Hit right? Also was < right? I forget the tech trap annotation.

Last edited:
66BB W! ~ 3B W! ~ 6B[A] K ~ 6B8 (90dmg)
66BB W! ~ 3B W! ~ 6B[A] [K] 6B ~ 6B8 (93dmg)

It's been a while lol, what does the W! mean?

Tech Trap.....I think
22/88(B) ~ 8B+K < 9B+K
This will hit them if they tech any way but forward, and if you think they will then 8B+K will still grab them. If they tech left it gets a little weird, the 9B+K seems to make them fly towards you too fast for any followups. Even 6B8 whiffed. Maybe that was just me in training, i dunno.

To make the opponent block on wakeup I just gotta put it on Guard After First Hit right? Also was < right? I forget the tech trap annotation.

Yeah you just put the dummy on second action to guard all and thats it

Great stuff so far, I'm new so was wondering what a few of her recommended easy combos might be? Since most of the ones I'm seeing say you need to get a lethal hit first, which is cool and smarter, but sometimes want something you can always throw out there.

That 6K B then stomp one is fun, though they often block the second hit.

Also the 22_88 B (SE) ~ 8B+K bow and arrow looking thing is too fun, so I do that a lot. Any other easy ways to combo into that 8B+K other than the 22_88 B launcher by the way?

Great stuff so far, I'm new so was wondering what a few of her recommended easy combos might be? Since most of the ones I'm seeing say you need to get a lethal hit first, which is cool and smarter, but sometimes want something you can always throw out there.

That 6K B then stomp one is fun, though they often block the second hit.

Also the 22_88 B (SE) ~ 8B+K bow and arrow looking thing is too fun, so I do that a lot. Any other easy ways to combo into that 8B+K other than the 22_88 B launcher by the way?
SE CH [K] ~ 8B+K works. You can do CH 6B [A] [K] and hit confirm the first two before hitting the [K] Nope. Though if they block em you are probably gonna be wide open.

Also 9B+K ~ 4[A] ~ 8B+K.

Does anyone know if 6B will combo after CH 6K? I'm at work so I can't check.

Last edited:
Back