I took a few videos of Pool Play at Evo - some are more exciting than others:

RTD v Esom
Kayane v Alphamale
Linkrkc v Rekki
IvyFanboy v Hudathan
Linkrkc v Hudathan
Hudathan v Revin

you lost to IvyFanboy Hudathan?! NOOOOO

EDIT: thankfully I was tricked by the videos being out of order, only lost the first match lol

Hmmmm...those may be mislabeled...

They aren't - you had me all confused! He won the set!

I think they are labeled correctly on youtube...if you tell me how things need to change, I can easily change them!

I suck at posting, that's why I'm not a mod anymore :-p

i know this is not the place, but how far did Belial go in the EVO? thanks.

Oh fuckin jesus why put that match up. My only respectable match was vs. shenrii (my last evo match when i changed my ivy style). I beat SERGE2hot4you, but i have a feeling he was out of it.

please spare me lol. Weird thing is I NEVER fight raph by turtling in sword. I was doing stuff i never do...2A+B on wake up...twice? I always play CL against raph and step instead of turtle...very weird to look back and see how many random moves i made that i never use as my staples. A lot of those moves made no sense that i was using. The range and scenario was completely wrong. Think i was nervous...it was my first tourny...at 9am. I got very lucky to have had that be such a close match considering the tactics i was using.

Video makes me look bad, but I'm gonna use it as a marker for my next tournament. I'm completely changing my ivy since Evo, and hopefully this will just make me laugh down the road. I'm embarassed by this seriously.

Help redeem me...does anyone have me vs shenrii in idles room. I lost 4-3 but the match was epic and very close. Think it showed my improvement from "this" during the 3 days.

*Video order should 1, 3, 2. I won g1, lost 2 and 3 and i specifically remember that final low poke that killed me where i could've won.

Ivy:

This is what videos are good for. It always helps to be able to look back at what you were doing and see where we may have made mistakes - it is the best way to improve. First tourney jitters are natural, especially at a tournament like Evo where there are lots of really good players - no worries...just come back and dominate and I'll put up your new videos next time ;-)

He did quite well in his pool matches and MMs, but got eliminated by Maleks Ivy during pool phase in a pretty close match.

ah that's very unfortunate, although i would pay anything to see the match.

I'm embarassed by this seriously.

Piggy is right, don't sweat it.

Reading your post(edited) I see you point out most of your "WTF"s and "why!?"s. So already, you're on the right track. And with EVO being your FIRST tourney!?, fuuuuuuck the loss. My hats off to you in the regards you showed up and manned up.

Besides, you're not the only one with a match like that, uploaded on the internet.
Let's say I sympathize. :p

That makes me feel better. Amazing how supportive the community becomes once you enter offline competition and leave the online (it's sooo unplayable to me now since evo, i switched to special mode simply because i couldnt take it seriously). I'll be hunting all my videos, I'm already aware of most of my past mistakes, but I can always dig for more. I'm just glad i got exposed to pure high level play to finally know what it's like, very educational.

Anyone get a video of Naomi vs. Malek? That fight was really good. Very close.

IvyFanboy, you're on the right track, just give it time and you will continue to improve. I also remember the low poke being the game set round that carried us into the 3rd match. Don't sweat the loss since it was a good fight, both of us had good and bad moments. As for the videos, there is Link dominating me right above our matches so it's all good, that's how a player is made. I hope you take it to the offline tournaments and stake your claim.

Also, keep in mind that a lot of us have a LOT of hours put into these games (I put in about 1500 hours into SCII alone, for instance) - just keep plugging away and playing people and you'll improve quickly (as I'm sure you have noticed already since the first day at Evo!).

Ivyfanboy: After blocking Raph's 3>prep at tip range step and punish. At tip range his prep A misses. And with lows Irrc Raph cant really punish hard against Ivy's SW 22K. Better luck nxt time. Adopt a Raph partner. :)

Link: So much CL against Rekki. And super defensive against Mitsu. imo, too much 214B. :( The way u fight against Raph, looks more like ur style. Get ur revenge at Nationals.

Back