Evo LIVE Updates!

BatousaiNori

[10] Knight
I'm not at Evo, so don't get too excited. I'm making this thread hoping the people attending can update it. What we know so far (I don't know who's in each pool and if anything is wrong, please let me know):

Pool A:

-Link (Ivy) defeats logik

-Seungcheul (Yun) defeats Aris

-Thugish Pond (Amy) defeats Motempest

-HajimeOwari (Yoshi) defeats StuntMidget (Voldo)

-OmegaMitsurugi (Zas) defeats Seungcheul

-RekkiMaru (Mitsu) defeats Link (Ivy)

-Thugish Pond defeats OmegaMitsurugi

-OmegaMitsurugi eliminates Link

Pool B:

-IceColdEdge (Sieg) defeats Renzo

-Saitoh (Asta) defeats IceColdEdge

-Alphamale (David Evers) defeats j-rod

-IceColdEdge defeats NeoRussell

-Alphamale (Voldo) defeats Kayane

-Ivylicious defets King Salmon

-Saitoh defeats Omega XCN (Taki)

-Evil Paragon (Voldo) eliminates IceColdEdge

Pool C:

-Ceirnian (Hilde) defeats RTD (Hilde) (I heard it was very close)

-BriantHatesYou (Cervantes) defeats MichaelJackson

-Rigel defeats Oofmatic 2-0

-NinjaCW defeats Hayate

-Kero defeats BriantHatesYou

-Esom defeats Rigel

-OffbeatNinja (Sieg) defeats CaliJared (Asta)

-Oofmatic eliminates Rigel (Cass)

-OffbeatNinja eliminates BrianHatesYou

-Oofmatic eliminates OffbeatNinja

-RTD eliminates Kero (Ivy)

-BlackMamba (Voldo) eliminates Oofmatic (Vader)

Pool D:

-Vicious Suicide (LM) defeats Kura

-Malek (France, Ivy) defeats Belial (Mitsurugi, the motherland, Russia) (saw this live, good match)

-Malek defeats DreamKiller

Pool A Winner: Thuggish Pond (Amy) , Loser OmegaMitsurugi (Zas)

Pool B Winner: KDZ (Cass), Loser AlphaMale (Voldo)

Pool C Winner: Ceirnian (Hilde), Loser RTD (Hilde)

Pool D Winner: Malek (Ivy), Loser DreamKiller (Amy)

KDZ Eliminates RTD then Ceirnian. Now can we all stop w/the let's ban hilde nonsense now? YAY!

KDZ now fighting Malek. Malek is up 2-0. Grand Finals. Cass vs Ivy. LET'S GO USA!!

EDIT: Malek is your EVO 2009 Champion! 3-0 vs KDZ. Congrats to ALL the placers, looks like this tourney was pretty hard to win.

I'm sure other players are in contact w/Evo players, so post up what you know.

alphamale beat j-rod
link beat logik

Pool C:

eSOME (sorry if I wrote the nick wrong) > Rigel

Why was Rigel using so many punishable attacks? Can't Voldo punish Cass well? (sorry but I've been off from this games for many months now)

EDIT: Congrats, Malek! You did well too, Evgeny! You both were very nervous ;)

Ever since I’ve been watching the SCIV stream, the side chat bar has been saturated with people disrespecting the game. What’s caused such hate for the Soul series amongst hardcore fighting game fans?

Orphen_Punk: Ignore the uStream chat... it's mostly random scrubs who basically hate on anything that isn't SF4. Plus, turning off the chat makes the stream run smoother. :P All the "hardcore" players are here on Javachat or on #capcom.

Belial vs Malek and Seungcheul vs Omega = craaaazy. It's badass to see how much international representation is at Evo for SC4.

well i guess most people just want to see street fighter.

Omega beats Jaha (sp?) 2-0

although Omega pulled his controller from the console on the final round of the first match, there was no forfeit of that round. beastly Zas nonetheless.

I didn't think Kura would have been using Talim I personally thought Kilik was his strongest character, but I guess you pick the character you like.

Most of the hate on Soul Calibur comes from people who know nothing about the game. A lot of 2d players trash 3d games all together but they honestly don't know anything about how 3d games work.

I'm glad that they decided to show one thing that isn't street fighter before tomorrow. No offense to street fighter it's a great series but there are other games at EVO.

Back