Evolution 2K11 Hosted @ Rio Hotel, Las Vegas, Nevada.

DC97

[10] Knight
Wiz on wake up shoryuken just announced the line-up.

- Marvel Vs Capcom 3
- Super Street Fighter 4 (AE?)
- Tekken 6
- BlazBlue Continuum Shift
- Mortal Kombat 9.

Evo will have a HUGE crowd due to the line-up, so I'm sure a bunch of 8WayRunners will be there for other games, so who's going to run the SC side tourny?

Yo Malice, do you see the list? Do you see the T6 on the list...? I knew of what I spoke it seems.

I really don't know what you are referring to KingAce. It doesn't take a rocket scientist or someone with a 3.8GPA to figure out that Tekken 6 would be back again. The headscratcher though is MK9 when no one has any idea of how good it will be, but better that than Arcana Heart 3.

Anyway, I'll be rolling with Bibulus to EVO since he is the man with the plan and to rep Calibur. Who else is coming out?

We had a discussion about why I believed an arcade release was relevant for SC5. T6 isn't popular in NA and there it is, and looking at BlazBlue...why is that game on the list. Anyway it's not important now....I was just drawing parallels at the time.

How is T6 not popular in North America? There's a tournament for it pretty much everywhere there's Street Fighter. Same with BlazBlue. Plus what other games are out there to put in the lineup that would do numbers? Plus EVO has moved away from games that are not in HD, so that also eliminates a bunch of games from being considered as well. Plus EVO has been trying to get a tournament for BB for the past two years, however several issues have kept them from doing so and why it got swapped for Marvel last year. Those are the reasons why those two games are in EVO.

Half the people either like HDR or rather play ST. Plus they're expecting massive tournaments for Marvel and Super, so having 5 games gives them some leeway, but make for a quick finals on Sunday.

And there's still the possibility of a side tournament making it to the main stage. So if there is a side tournament for HDR and it's hype, it could make it on there, or any other side tournament game.

Mortal Kombat really has no business being at EVO. A game that famously shows zero consideration on things called "frames" can't be tournament worthy fighting game.

well the word is that MK9 will be competitive. They've seen how other fighting games have done and they want to have the same success. Who knows if it will turn out balanced but they say they're aiming for that. There's generally a decent amount of hype behind it so it is definitely a smart choice for evo. If the game is well done it could bring in big numbers, maybe not as much as SSF4 and MVC3 but still good numbers.

I'm not even sure if I'm playing the game at all but I think it'll have some success if done right.

hey malice, remember that time we talked about that thing? well i was right. just so you know.

rofl.

Let's not slag until MK9 until it proves itself worthy of slagging. For all we know it could be better then Marvel.

Let's not slag until MK9 until it proves itself worthy of slagging. For all we know it could be better then Marvel.

MK better than Marvel? That's ridiculesly unpossible.

I might as well start a list of people who are going. Me in Vegas is going to be ridicules.

List:
1. DivineChaos97
2. Malice
3. BrewtusBibulus

I'll have to see about this one... I want to go, but there's the FL tournament and DEV on my list. And if there's no side tourney for SCIV, then there really seem like no point; but who knows.

even in the absence of sc4, evo is a pretty awesome event. that said, DEV is gonna be like 100 times better so i'd just wait.

Back