Evolution Championship Series 2013 Aftermaths

Zane

Spirit of the Wolf
Congratulations to Kinetic Clash for taking home the gold and representing West Coast. Thanks to everyone who participated in this tournament, but more importantly, thanks to the crew that made this possible. Like all moments, there will be some that will stand as Evo 13's greatest highlights, and as such it was a great pleasure to have lived them with this community.

Without further ado, here are the shout outs:

MrBlueboyb: you are hell of awesome dude, not only that, but you have a lot of potential (I sense a 2nd woahhzz) keep it up and you will get very far. Thanks for riding along

Juez: we would have probably had to sleep on the streets if it wasn't for your hospitality. Thanks for letting us stay in and for being really chill man. Next time, please win dat mahvel :p epic mirror match by the way!

Hussler: how dare you snipe me!? I"ll get you next time :p you are one of the coolest dudes in the whole event. That's how a player should always be. Thanks for being there to help me in my matches with knowledge and wisdom. And thank you for revealing to me that darkwings is a girl D: (still not over that) we will meet again... and I expect you to be top Hilde by then.

RTD: gee I don't know where to start. Let's see... you're freaking awesome, fun, a very strong and smart player who adapts with crazy speed, and you're an engineer! that automatically makes you cool ;] haha. It was a real pleasure to finally meet you man. Thanks for the advice and all the practice you gave me. Your commentary made grand finals the best grand finals ever by the way. Take care Rob

Kinetic Clash: I hate you and I hate your country >:( lol jk, you're the man of the hour in here, and as such you shall be treated like a champ... just not by me :p jk again. Congrats on winning Evo man. You deserve it more than anyone. And screw all the haters, I was rooting for you since the very beginning. I even lost my voice when you won :D we'll see you soon again... hopefully

Manta: I don't get Voldo man :/ it's like I'm looking at a noodle soup trying to make words out of it with no letters! haha, congrats for placing on top 8. Shows you have the skills necessary to make it to the top. Keep it up and next Evo is yours

Signia: NO! I'm still salty :( but I'll get you back. It was my fault for not doing my homework, but regardless, congrats on getting second. You put up a good show... and I mean a GOOD show. Just ask the people whose voices crack when talking :p I hope to play you again oh Signia master of frames and space

Thermidor: you're freaking cool man! I never thought you would be this fun to hang around :p good stuff. And great Nightmare too man. I think Keev has someone to fear now :o Stay cool, my friend. I hope we get to play again.

- Shout outs to Jimbo for raging twice in one match and throwing the controller against the ground in public... ON STREAM. That is the biggest highlight of Evo
- Props to Schneider, zerokage, and the astaratoh player for giving everyone a hard time with their amazing skills! hell of a good match. You guys were quietly winning Evo, we had to stop ya
- Shout outs to KrayzieCD for laughing his ass off every time Ezio hit someone with a crossbow on the face. Congrats on placing at Evo man. You prove that old school still rules :p
- Shout outs to Kayane for making me laugh my ass off when she was laughing her ass off when KrayzieCD laughed his ass off... and for being super cute (don't worry chemie, you're cute too)
- Big shout outs to Tomahawk, AlexJ, and Chemie, the team that made this whole event possible
- Special thanks to Commando (is that right?) for streaming the matches and helping out
- Shout outs to all the hot girls at the event that made me want to have sex with them right there right then
- Shout outs to Vegas for being so freaking awesome, hot as fuck, and having the most annoying people trying to get you to go to their strip clubs. Another day... I promise ;]
- Shout outs to EC for talking shit and getting their ass handed to them :] dats how we do it here baby
- Shout outs to the no-shows. You guys are true online warriors
- Shout outs to the soda vending machine that wouldn't take my dollar or credit card
- Big shout outs to the small, $8, tasteless, digusting hamburgers sold at the event and the $4 gatorades....

* Last but not least, shout outs and big thanks to the people that kept texting me on the phone giving me advice during matches! you guys rock, and thanks for supporting me. Next time I'll remember to check my messages before a match :p
* Shout outs to darkwings13 for being a girl and never telling me about it even when I called her a dude :)

If I forgot anybody else, I apologize in advance, but that's because you didn't stand out during the event in any way that makes my brain go "OH! I remember". Let's change that next time, shall we?

Shoutouts to:

Zane: The ZWEI master! Haha, dude you are a beast, and it was super fun staying with you and Juez. If it wasn't for you, I probably wouldn't have made EVO. Thanks a bunch dude.

Juez: Dude, you were one of the chillest dudes at the whole event. Special thanks to you for giving me and Zane a place to stay. You better bring a working controller next year, so you can take Marvel!

KineticClash: Congrats on winning it all man! Your Viola was super mean, and your Ivy was very strong too. We had some super fun casuals! Also big shoutout for being the first one to get my aGI to reach level 8 :P.

RTD: I was rooting for you this tournament! Your super chill man and your Mitsurugi is super good, your Patroklos is also very solid as well. The casuals we had were super fun as well. Oh, and you have super good commentary; keep it up!

Thermidor: Shoutouts for playing a ton of casuals with me (We had some really good matches.) Also, special thanks for cheering me on in my matches.

PS: You gotta stop calling me Woahhzz every 5 seconds or im guna have to call you Keev or something lol.

Manta: Thanks for helping me with the Voldo matchup. The casuals we had were super fun man. Also, congrats on the top dog from norcal.

Harry: It was awesome hanging out with you man, you were super cool. We also played so many casuals I lost count. I'll see you online bro.

Alex J, Chemie, Tomahawk & Commando anyone else who helped with this event: You guys made this event possible. Thanks for your hard work! Also, I want to give a special shoutout for Alex for playing a hype MM with me and for teabagging on stream lol.

- Shoutouts to everybody who attended this tournament.
- Shoutouts to anyone who watched the stream
- Shoutouts to anyone I played casuals with.
- Shoutouts to Signia for making 2nd place.
- Shoutouts to EC for traveling a long way to attend this tournament.
- Shoutouts to Commando for streaming some matches.
- Shoutout to KrayzieCD for playing a very solid Maxi and for playing some casuals with me.

- Shoutouts to Marginal for some great casuals.
- Shoutout to IAB for rooting for me. You better attend an upcoming tournament, I am expecting big things from you.
- Shoutouts to Schneider for some good casuals.
-Shoutouts to Markoed for being the first person I played casuals with.
- Shoutouts to Kayane for traveling all the way from France.
- Also I want to give a big special shoutout to DrakeAldan for playing a ton of matches with me before EVO and giving me really helpful advice.

If I forget anybody, I apologize but I am really bad at remembering names. I hope to see you guys again next year!!

Cross posted from the upcoming events section.

Hey guys. It's been a blast. The thing is.. the event is EVO. So it means that a fighting game fan like me was literally walking all over the place playing different games. So I apologize for not devoting my full time to have casuals against everyone. There will be a next time.

You guys, the Guilty Gear/Blazblue/Gundam EXVS and Vampire Saviour communities are my real highlights of the event. Ain't my style to do individual shout outs but after arguably 10 years of online lurking it's been a pleasure to bring many faces to names.

Thanks to Alex and crew for making this tournament happen then run. Scrambling for monitors at 7am is dedication.

Thanks to Jimbo for randomly asking me to come in chat one day. That pretty much tipped me over the edge to actually attempt to go.

Good games with KCD, Blue Boy, MarKoed, Thermidor, Clint, SPman, Jimbo and anyone else I played (though I think that was pretty much it.)

It was good saying hello to you Socrates.

Juece, I don't recall ever playing you, but it was good talking with you.

Thanks to Egg for making Zane viable.

This is one of the reason I enjoy this community. Like how many other gaming communities have a shout out thread after each major? Any who on to the shout outs.

Zane: Dude, it was actually pretty cool hanging out with you and just talking about random shit. We didn't get to play any matches together but there is always next time.

BlueBoy: You looked nothing like I expected you to look and were actually pretty chill. You were the main reason everyone had a place to meet up on Friday. If you hadn't brought your copy of SC and set up a station then no one would have had a place to play some un-patched SC for hours. I really liked how much you want to play and improve, it's pretty refreshing to see someone new with as much potential as you. Keep at it man I see big things coming your way if you get over your tournament nerves.

Marginal: You're a pretty mellow dude and pretty funny when you actually get to talking. We didn't get to play but we did hang out a bit so that was pretty cool. Next time we'll have FT5 wine cooler match.

Mark: It's always a pleasure to see ya hanging around and chit chat with you for a bit. It sucked that none of the casual stations had Damp. Next time we gotta run some sets so I can yell at you some more.

Thermidor: You're a pretty funny guy and have a decent NM I guess. I heard you made top 8 or something at EVO this year. Nah good shit taking out the international players and keeping them from wrecking KC, it's all thanks to you that KC won.

KrazieCD: Dude it's always great to see you. I wish we could have played some more matches though, good shit getting 4th.

KineticClash: You're a phony. I don't think we talked at all the entire time there or even played any games together. Well congrats on winning the entire tournament and having everyone rooting against you, good shit.

Jombinator: Dude it was cool meeting you and seeing you throw controllers in fits of Viola induced rage. I can see how much you care about the game and that was something I liked. The dude that followed you into the rest room was king awkward supreme though.

King Awkward Supreme: You're nice guy, thanks for looking after Jim. Especially in the restroom.

Revin: It's always cool to see you and just catch up. We didn't get to play any matches but do we ever?

Signia: The Peoples champ! Dude I didn't even know you were going to show up and then you just go on a rampage and make it to winners Grand Finals. I never thought I'd see every person rooting for you the way they were during your match with Kinetic. Come back and win the next major!

RTD: Good shit on mic during the finals.

Soakrates: You need to do commentary for everything.

AlexJ: Dude you are the best for actually setting this entire event up for us SC guys. You're always trying to help the community grow and that deserves a lot of respect.

Manta: You're a humble dude and that's probably the thing I like about you most. Good to see you raising salt levels throughout the tournament.

Well that's it, if I forget someone I'll just come back and throw them a quick shout out. WEST COAST IS THE BEST COAST.

First is congratulations to KineticClash, I was very surprised seeing that sick combo! I was more than happy to have some casual fights with ya and never give me a win, I want to earn my victory specially against our 2013 champ! Careful I'm going for your title next year!

AlexJ, Tomahawk, Chemie for setting the tournament up, such a huge success this tournament was that hopefully by next year we are the main line up, also shout outs to the stream crew.

Zane: It was great seeing you again, we didnt get to have a match but that will wait for next time :D
Juez: Great to see ya, had some fun casuals with you hopefully get to do it again and maybe we can MM it also.
Marginal: It was awesome seeing you sir and to fight you offline was also a great honor, I hope to be able to do it again sometime.
Blueboy: It was nice to meet you and it was a lot of fun doing a bit a casuals with you, hopefully we can get to do it again for the next time.
Manta: Awesome to see those Voldo shenanigans as always and thank you for trying to hype me up during the tourny, I wasnt able to deliver as well as I hoped but next time will be different, and hopefully we can do some casuals too.
Signia: You got close man! Your Yoshi is 2nd to none thats for sure! Thank you for the casual matches we had, I'll improve so I can at least best you at least once, great seeing you again.
Jimbonator: It was an honor to have that money match with you. I hoped to have done a bit better against your Ezio but next time I'll make sure to give a better challenge, an honor to meet you as well.
AlexJ: I know I mentioned you already at the top but that money match I had with you had to be one of the most interesting matches I've ever had offline, I will love to have another one sometime.
Tomahawk: I hardly ever talk to you and we never have a match but next tournament or next SoCal session I'd love to have a match against you.
Rock andDave: You guys are always fun to talk to, I was happy to fight your Raphael again and Rock next time we need to get our Cerv vs Damp matches!
Thermidor: I wish I could have fought you with my Damp, I'm sure I would have done better, but it was great fun fighting you with ZWEI, and you have a beastly Nightmare, hopefully we can have more matches later.
Other Damp Main: I never got have my Damp vs Damp match but I was happy to meet you good sir and hope we cross paths again! (Im sorry I forgot your name >__<)
Chemie: I know you wanted to MM but next time I'll make sure to do so, great seeing ya!

Everyone else that had attended the tourny, I had fun meeting you and for those I got to fought it was a blast and Next Year I hope to make a bigger splash.

I'll just say shout out to errbody who was there. Shit was fun. Also, RTD, you're a crazy son of a gun.

I'd like to thank everyone who showed up to make this side tournament such a great event. I was super impressed with the amount of players that came from different areas and the overall skill level of the tournament. I would like to specially thank Madcatz and Markman for sponsoring our event and giving our tournament a stage for top 8. There was a short while where SC5 was the loudest thing in the room, it made me happy haha. Also I would like to thank ComMando and the other dudes in IE battlegrounds who literally streamed almost the entire day. Letting everyone see great matches the whole day.

I'll probably write out more shoutouts later.

Congrats to all the placers and especially to KC for making the comeback all the way from losers first round (and blowing everybody up with Viola)!

Everyone: GGs. It was a pleasure to meet all of you and I hope to see y'all next time! The tournament was a blast and having such a big turnout for a side tourney was so awesome to see. It's amazing to see that the community is still so strong after 1 year =D!

KC: Congrats on winning Evo!!! You are like the most humble guy I've ever met lol. Congrats. lolviola.

(Fake) Zane: You badass mofo you. Good job at Evo!! I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to play and I missed some of your matches. You were such a blast to hang with and cheering on KC and trolling everybody at top 8 was too fun LOL! You inspired me to pick up this game again and stay loyal to my character, lol. We will def hang next time and I promise to be the best Hilde there. PS: I took a picture with Jessica (the blonde artist). JELLY???

AlexJ: Thanks for the $5 xD. Thanks to you and everyone else for putting this all together. It was sick. Also, you're really cool.

Jimbo: Good job making top 8 man! Don't let the loss kill you. You played extremely well. It was a pleasure to meet you. Wish we could've played some casuals. See ya next time.

Schneider-X: CANADA REPRESENT!! Good work at Evo!! You played so well and you were a blast to hang out with. We'll def see each other around!

Kayane: Hi. Once again you were the nicest, most humble person at Evo. 2 years go by and I still haven't played you haha. Congrats on making top 8!

Chemie & Tomahawk: Thanks for running the bracket! It was a pleasure to meet you.

RTD: Best commentary ever. "This is NOT right! This is NOT right! This does NOT belong in SoulCalibur!!" hahaha. Congrats on placing!

If I think of any more shout-outs I'll add them to this post.

I'd also like to mention that I haven't played for almost 8 months, so getting blown up was kind of expected, haha. However, I'd also like to say that after this tournament, I have been inspired to take this game seriously again. The community is fantastic and the game is just so damn fun. I hope that at the next major I attend / next Evo I will be a force to reckon with. I've been loyal to Hilde since day 1, and I plan to keep it that way. See you all soon.

(Fake) Zane: PS: I took a picture with Jessica (the blonde artist). JELLY???
Nigga I took a picture with her hot friend. UMAD BRO???

PS: You gotta stop calling me Woahhzz every 5 seconds
listen to woahhzz, keev

Thanks to Egg for making Zane viable.
Thanks to IRM for making Marginal unviable

Jombinator: Dude it was cool meeting you and seeing you throw controllers in fits of Viola induced rage. The dude that followed you into the rest room was king awkward supreme though.
Jombinator killed a spider with his controller

When are the matches going to be uploaded to YT?
whenz mahvel?

shut up
I THINK YOU'VE BEEN HORRIBLY FOOLED.
I think you're a scrub
No actually she was pretty nice and humble. You should have been there to see.
No, she was being a dick laughing at you and KC when he talked... she was SO cute though :p

First off I'd like to thank Alex.J, Chemie, Tomahawk, IE battlegrounds and anyone else who helped for organizing, running, and streaming the tournament. It just shows how much passion you guys still have for the game. Without everyone's hard work this wouldn't have been possible!

Sorry for being so quiet during Evo. I'm a pretty shy person when around new people but I'm glad to have made it out to Evo for my first big tournament. I had a blast being a part of this and once I'm done University I hope to be able to travel to tournaments more often.

Hussler: Its great to have finally met you! I wish you could've gotten some casuals in before the tournament started but it is what it is. Glad to see you repping that homeland, keep the fire burning and bring her to the top! See you in the future! :)

Signia: An execution master! I was really glad we were able to get in those casuals on the friday, you definitely confirmed what I felt JG would do if utilized to such an extent. You were a really cool guy to talk and I hope the high placing in tournaments continues for you!

Kinetic Clash: Congrats on taking the whole tournament from the losers bracket of top 8. Too bad I wasn't able to get any casuals with you, would've loved to have played your Ivy.

Kayane: It was nice meeting you in person finally. You were super sweet and I hope that the french community and your own drive for SC burns strongly!

Blueboyb: Good games in the tournament and in casuals. You were definitely a reminder for me to tighten up my spacing before the tournament started.

Zane: A top notch Zwei, glad to see you get far in the tournament with Zwei. Keep on repping him!

Zer0kage: Thanks for joining the SCV tournament. I saw that you were busy with other tournaments but you still made it out of your way to support it! Hope SC is picked up by Evo next year and more Singapore players can come!

Jimbonator: Glad I was able to fight you in the tournament since there wasn't time after the tournament for much casuals or on sunday. Tossing your controller in top 8 on the Madcatz stage was a certainly something. Hope to meet you in other tournaments.

RTD: Grats on making it to top 8. Our match in the tournament was definitely my favorite match I played since I was pretty sure you'd pick me apart quickly if I faced you haha. Glad I was able to put up a good fight.

Manta: Good job getting third in the tournament. Thanks for the games, hope I can make it to top 8 like you said haha. Too bad we were never able to get a station set up on Sunday finals :(

KrazieCD: I was surprised you remembered us playing online in SCIV but it was great playing those casual matches with you. 6A+B for days, as my giant sword hits you out of your tech stepping moves >_>

Thermidor: The best NM of evo (even though you still say you suck). It was great to meet you and chat about NM with you. You've gotta learn how to do that GS cancel so you can have a safe launcher to play with :D

Soakrates: Thanks for commentating top 8 and being super welcoming in your hotel room (?) on Saturday after the venue closed.

Norcal crew: Thanks for letting a new guy like me tag along with you guys after the main ballrooms closed up. I definitely heard alot of interesting stories haha.

taffertier: Our first round match was definitely a heart stopper. I wish it had been recorded/streamed but oh well. Thanks for starting out my first big tournament off with a bang.

Cervantes Player I played after tournament (Rocktapus?): Good games, your execution was on point and I had never seen the 8A+B, 3x iGDR before. Crazy stuff, hope to see ya again.

Shoutouts to everyone that supported the SCV tournament! Either by watching the stream or attending in person this was a great experience!

My brain is still mush from a plethora of things, but for now with what little brain power I have left I just wanted to thank everyone for supporting the event, and for those who worked with me/dealt with me stressing out at everything. It was certainly a pleasure being a part of this event, and on that note it's been a pleasure being a part of this community even though I'm still fairly new. The journey to get better at this game is arduous (since I'm not naturally good at fighting games), but enjoyable and I hope I can keep supporting the community any way that I can.

Shoutouts to Tommie and Alex for putting up with all of my freak outs and for being awesome in general.

Shoutouts to NorCal for making it difficult to seed the bracket and for getting top 8 spots.

Shoutouts to MarkMan and Mad Catz who have expressed interest in continuing to support our community for future events.

Shoutouts to Commando/IEBattlegrounds for being as accommodating as possible and also for supporting our community.

Shoutouts to all of the international players and players from around the U.S. (especially EC) who came out. We had Canada, Brunei, Belgium, Japan and France present. Baller. I still want my rematch against Fuudo.

For those present at the tournament, please let me know if you have any suggestions to help things run smoother for next time! Thanks!

I think having round robin pools of like 6-10 would be nice. That way people will be able to get in alot more matches instead of going just 0-2. This also makes it alot more manageable as you can have one person in charge of each pool.

You would just take the two best players from each pool and make a new bracket comprised of all of the other pool's best players.

Back