Ezio Q&A / General Gameplay Discussion

As much fun as it is to land the AT, 4B isn't super useful. Situationally good, but it's not Mitsu 4B. The rolls after the crossbow attacks aren't all that useful either.

The third hit of 6ABB. You can step/JG/Guard/GI it because it's unsafe regardless.

Any predicted 11K's or 6K2's, they'll get you killed FREE.

The crossbow followups to the his horizontal strikes ON BLOCK (4AB, 66AB)

His 4B is kinda iffy against most females, if it was like Mitsu 4B's evasion, and not WHIFF HALF THE TIME, it's a decent move. (It's +frames on hit, I think +4 or +6)

4B's only +2 and the pushback makes it difficult to take advantage of. Considering how unlikely it is to land on CH (even if you evade something you hit them during recovery usually) and the fact that a good portion of characters can punish it for 60+ damage, it's really not worth it. It can be good against certain stances though.

I found a interesting mix up today, i was messing around with 44a. It made me wounder what is the point of this move? so started messing around with different combo's after counter hit and found a pretty good mix up.

44ACH-A+B-left or right roll-B(low mix up), delayed B(high mix up). might have been mentioned. Seems like it could be a good mix up.

EDIT- 44A CH-A+B can be ukemi'ed. But on another note if you know they will ukemi any way but right you can do 44A CH-1A and you get 1a counter hit animation. So 1A is sick for tech traps. Again im sure that this may have been mentioned.

1A tech traps( ukemi all ways but right)

44a CH- 1A

44k- 1A

1bbb-1A

44k-1bbb-1A

While rising K-1A

BB be will also catch all ukemi all ways in these situations (but 44a CH) for some serious damage. To hit with the bb be ukemi you have to step forward sometimes then do the bb. If you want to be safe you could also use 3a but i dont see any reason to do that.

After 1bbb counter hit if you do 6k2 instead of 3b you get way better oki and about the same damage, depending on how long the combo is its better to end with 6k2 cause its only one hit.

Ok wow i just did this 44k-1bbb-6k2-tech trap ag or bg 136(ag version) damage. you gota run up and do the grab fast but it works. And i did it on endless stage. having trouble doing it twice though got a be really fast. What im finding is when i delay 6k2 a little bit after 1bbb it keeps their body close to me on the ground making great oki and potential amazing tech traps.

Ok it seems his best tech trap move is grab........... lol

44A CH-1A and you get 1a counter hit animation. So 1A is sick for tech traps.
just an fyi, that's probably just because you had CH turned on in system settings. you can't CH someone with a tech trap, yet training mode counts tech hits as counter hits for some reason. gotta set up the situation by recording it to get accurate results

just an fyi, that's probably just because you had CH turned on in system settings. you can't CH someone with a tech trap, yet training mode counts tech hits as counter hits for some reason. gotta set up the situation by recording it to get accurate results

Honestly grab or bb is a better tech trap in those situations anyways.

I have a gimmick for you guys, B throw and once they land jump over them. If they roll to the left you can get a BT B+K if they attack. Gimmicks.

A really funny thing about that is if they back tech and I jump anyway, I use BB right after and for some odd reason they get hit 90% of the time.

B throw is so godly man, it's to the point of being disgusting. It has insane Oki options and forces people to stand the hell up or eat a stomp.

Ezio's 44A is fucking weird. It can only hit some opponents when they crouch, and sometimes only from certain angles. The characters that can't get hit from 44A except from specific angles are:
Patroklos
Ezio
Viola
Xiba
Cervantes Tira
Mitsurugi
Maxi
Yoshimitsu
Voldo (both blind side and front turned)
aPat
Algol

It can also be ducked by anyone outside of dickrubbing range. WR A seems to be the better tool in almost every regard.

Last edited:
Back