[Feb 17, 2012] World Game Cup 2012 (Cannes)

asenka

[08] Mercenary
World Game Cup 2012

5th Edition – Palais des Festivals de Cannes
February 17th to 19th 2012

Second Announcement

Presentation:

Set in the heart of the Festival International des Jeux, in the prestigious Palais des Festivals de Cannes, a world-renown, exceptional place, the World Game Cup is an arena where the best fighters from every continent will fight to the finish during three fun-filled days.

The Official Games of the 2012 Edition:
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition v.2012(Solo & 3vs3)
TOURNAMENT WITH A $5000 CASH-PRIZE!

Soulcalibur V(Solo & 3vs3)

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3(Solo & 3vs3)
The King Of Fighters XIII (Solo & 2vs2)
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition(Solo & 2vs2)
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend(Solo)
The King Of Fighters 2002 UM(3vs3)
Mortal Kombat (Solo) The Internet denizens choice

Special Events :

Play the fighting games of tomorrow before your friends!
Witness exhibitions & enter tournaments of:
Street Fighter X Tekken
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

>>> Tournaments winners will be awarded part of the prize-pool, including gifts (arcade sticks , games, headsets...) and/or cash-prizes. One may only register on the official website. Entry spots are subject to availability

The World Team Cup 2012:

More than a huge tournament venue open to everybody, the World Game Cup also is an incredible place where one can witness an unforgettable show: the world's first national team based fighting game competition!

World Team Cup of Super Street Fighter IV AE
World Team Cup of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
World Team Exhibition of Soulcalibur V

>>> Note: competition reserved to national teams. The selectors' & team members' lists will be available on the official website.

New in the 2012 Edition:

Watch the exhibitions where the best players of Street Fighter X Tekken,Tekken Tag Tournament 2 will show their skill and don't miss the exceptional show on Super Street Fighter IV AE V.2012 where the Dream WORLD Team will face the Dream EUROPEAN Team in a 12 on 12 slugfest!!!

>>> A perfect stream:
Two permanent stream channels, with dual commentary in English & French on the main stream.

The complete schedule & commentators' list are available on the official website.

World Game Cup 2012 V.I.P.'s :

The V.I.P.'s (Very Important Players) will join in droves for the 2012 edition of the World Game Cup. They're among the best players in the world on their respective games.
Here is a list that will be completed on the official website with each new VIP entrant:

Fuudo (JP)

MCZ.TTC|Tokido (JP)

MCZ.TOPANGA|Mago (JP)
eLivepro|Kindevu (JP)
eLivepro|RF (JP)
eLivepro|MOV (JP)
eLivepro|Alioune (FR)

And more...

Info, registration, schedule, rules & regulations:

Please remember that registration is only available Online and that you must do so before February the 8th2012.

Thje official website is available in both English & French.
www.worldgamecup.fr

www.worldgamecup.com

Please note that Soulcalibur V as an official tournament will depend on Namco's confirmation. We will know for sure in October, before registration opening, of course.

Whatever happens, SCV we be present for international exhibition show (more informations to come).

Some SCIV events may be confirmed as well.

Then, just to remind you the past with FRANCE vs USA :

2003 : DTN from France won EVO...

2004 : USA won the first world team cup in Cannes, and Aris (USA) took the single tournament...

2009 : Malek from France won EVO...

2010 : France won the second world team cup in Cannes, but Thuggish Pond from USA got 1rst place in the single event...

2011 : France won the third world team cup in Cannes, Thuggish Pond is 2nd in the single tourney, Scud from France is the champion...

See you in Cannes 2012 for the first Soulcalibur V clash !

a few weeks after release of SC5 is kind of fast, wish it was later on in the year then I would consider going. Oh well it's expensive as hell anyway to fly out, I'll try for next year.

Hey guy's.

I know that there is a comp in USA at the same time with big price.
But, I wonder if someone from USA will come to WGC this year ?

If someone planned to come, let me know asap so I can help you in your trip.
I 'll also include you on a "world team" for the world team cup. Or in a US team if 5 or more players from US make it.

Thx guy's.

That's 5v5 team.
If you are only 3/4 I'll have to put you in some "world team" with various nation in it.
A maximum of 2 world team may join the tournament.

A 4 people room is approximately 60€ by night.
So, 15€ by night. I may look for some people to share rooms if needed.

So far,
France will have a team.
Belgium will have a team.
Switzerland will have a team.
Italy will have a team.
Germany should be there too.
UK and Spain may also be there.
One or Two world team may join the competition.

EDIT:
In any case, if you wanna join the comp, do not forget to register here: http://www.worldgamecup.fr/

Thanks for the info Malek, really good that so many countries will be there. UK players will be there, including me maybe, but afaik we might not have enough for a full team.

Without a dedicated forum for UK players, I'll post a few details here:

I hope we get enough for an international team.

So far, as far as I know, me and Synraii are the only confirmed players. I'm there Wednesday to Monday. Wil, Joel, Bruce and Hurricane Rev may well go. My hope is that Talon, Des and Wai can come too. Ideally the online players Dan, Chronic and Zaigonen would come too, as well as Waidat and Testiskulls, but it's unlikely.

As for accommodation, we can sort that out once we know roughly how many players are coming.

We would need 5 players for an international team. Out of fairness we'd need a selection process if more than 5 were attending. We'll organise some kind of event after SCV's release to determine a team. Of course we'd need enough players, which we're only 50% likely to get at this stage, so we may well end up fighting it out to join an international team at the event.

Neo Empire is failing to generate any real interest in SC. I hope we can get some feedback here on 8WayRun

Synraii, tell us once you've booked travel and stuff, we're close to getting enough players to book accommodation and put a 5v5 team together

Until now, the German participation will be quite low this year. It seems that only Jag, daGOTTh, Kerrigan and Fleshmasher will be going.
Nobody from Berlin, no docvizzo, no Sacharja, no Dark Slayer, no Kalas... That's mostly because there hasn't been one single SC5 demo event in Germany (except for a 3 hours presentation in Frankfurt which was quite disappointing), so people will start the game from zerozero when it comes out. Many players just don't wanna pay 250€ for a weekend in Cannes to play a game they hardly know at all.
Considering that I have to go to courses the days right before and after the weekend (and that I will be on holidays for the whole month of March =D), it's just not worth it for me this time, and I safe my money for other trips.

Yep like Kalas said...doesnt look good for a german Team, only 4 people.

I can basically confirm 100% i wont be there...i'll be sitting in front of the stream this year i guess.

NO UNDERDOC

Cannes won't be the same

Cat has crooked neck, is perplexed, but also sad

Yeah the cat is sad. Its just too early, its in the end of my thesis...i dont have the money to go and i think there will be a german event a few weeks after which is begging to get owned by me. I'll have a job in a few months, i'll be on plenty of tourneys during this year i guess..

Was los Deutschland? Too bad you guys won't make, hopefully we'll see you guys at a future event. SVB in the Summer maybe :)

Looks like UK will have a full team for the first time since SC3 :)

Malek, how much do flights go for? I would love to go but those tickets must be kind of crazy. If you have hookups to get me there I'll choose France over winterbrawl. If it is out of your own pocket then that is asking too much and I will try to make it next year instead.

Back