[Feb 24, 2011] World Game Cup 2011 (Cannes, France)

I guess I will do the math for you guys:

25 Feb: Soul Calibur 4 3 on 3 top 4: 6:30 - 8PM CET | 12:30-2PM EST | 9:30 - 11AM PST
26 Feb: Soul Calibur 4 Solo top 8: 6 - 8PM CET | 12 - 2PM EST | 9 - 11AM PST
27 Feb: Soul Calibur 4 World Team Cup: 12 - 4PM CET | 6 - 10AM EST | 3 - 7AM PST

POULE 3:
-Thuggish Pond (Amy)
-JAG THE GEMINI (Astaroth)
-Trent (Siegfried)
-Chiyo (Amy)
-Kalas (Xianghua)
-PB*Neo4Life (Kilik)
-Sensut (Lizardman)
Ouch! So many top players in one pool. This is going to be interesting.

POULE 4:
-Docvizzo (Setsuka)
-Mad Dog Ruf (Taki)
-Varghas (Astaroth)
-Macflavio (Kilik)
-Darkslayer (Amy)
-Akire (Mitsurugi)
-PB*Adamas (Taki)
Doc, your prayers have not been answered =P

Analysis of the pools for those who dont know some guys and backstory:
-Kira (Cervantes)
-Furzy (Yoshimitsu)
-Sena de lyon (Cassandra)
-Kof-kyo (Xianghua)
-Maxou (Setsuka)
-Akiru (Tira)
-Hazu (Astaroth)
-Bobby (Yoshimitsu)

Notable players here are Kira - member of team france last cannes, he was the guy to eliminate me from the tournament last year.
Furzy is a switzerland promising player, he has been around for a long time and been doing a huge progress last months, placing top 8 in recent tournament in france (won by Malek).
Maxou placed 2nd at Cannes 2010 and now he's not even seeded, oh my!?
Akiru is best french Tira, I remember him for eliminating DTN at Ranking Battle in september 2009.

-Malek (Ivy)
-Cliff (Kilik)
-Ward (Voldo)
-Freakysound (Voldo)
-Wraistar (Ivy)
-Coeur de Dindon (-)
-Thiry (Yoshimitsu)

Of course Malek need no introduction.
Cliff is top Switzerland players and one of the veterans of soul calibur, Some of you remember him all the way from SC2.
The other guys in this group are not very well known, so it looks like its obvious who make it out.

-Thuggish Pond (Amy)
-JAG THE GEMINI (Astaroth)
-Trent (Siegfried)
-Chiyo (Amy)
-Kalas (Xianghua)
-PB*Neo4Life (Kilik)
-Sensut (Lizardman)
Of course Damien need no introduction.
JAG the GEMINI is brother of DAGGOTH (top 8 at last Cannes) and one of the two best German players.
Chiyo is a girl player which some of you seen on Gnouz stream. While she is still new she put up a good challenge to many top players with her amy. So this pool has two amy to be feared. Amy pool!
- Kalas and Neo4life are German players. Most notable Neo4Life has many placings in tournaments in germany (afaik)

-Docvizzo (Setsuka)
-Mad Dog Ruf (Taki)
-Varghas (Astaroth)
-Macflavio (Kilik)
-Darkslayer (Amy)
-Akire (Mitsurugi)
-PB*Adamas (Taki)

Docvizzo hasnt been doing great recently with Setsuka, but is still a seeded player. Lets see if he can put setsuka to good use.
Mad Dog Ruf is actually Rufus a player you may remember for winning a money match from me (this game is match of the year on 8wr)
Varghas is one of the better French players, so expect him to put a good challenge.
Akire is a new promising Mitsurugi player, he even manage to play a close games with Malek in freeplay (10-8) so lets see if he can surprise me.
Adamas is german Taki player. So two top Taki in this pool!

POULE5 5:
-Keev (Nightmare)
-Ahriman (Voldo)
-Demi-peche (Amy)
-Syu (Taki)
-PB*Kappa (Amy)
-Edge (Maxi)
-Spirit (Voldo)
Keev - no comment.
Ahriman is one of the best french players, dont be decieved by hes lack of placings he is a tough challenge for anybody.
PBKappa is aparently another german player.

-Scud (Ivy)
-Pantocrator (Siegfried)
-Nounours! (Astaroth)
-Deus Kaliya (Yun Sung)
-SOULMISTRESS (Cassandra)
-Hyrul (Xianghua)
-Sakon (Lizardman)
Scud is a famous player one of the best if not the best Ivy in france.
Pantocrator is one of the best if not the best french seigfried. Top 8 at last tournament in france.
Sakon is best lizardman in france. Top 8 at last tournament in france (afaik)

-Dina (Sophitia)
-Redihokuto (Mitsurugi)
-Maxilo (Voldo)
-AOUNI MOSEN (-)
-Jere007 (Siegfried)
-*aAa*Kayane (Xianghua)
-Alukard (Taki)
Very hard pool!
Dina - best sophitia in france and top8 at last cannes( with hilde though)
Redihokuto is one of, if not the best, ITalian player. Team Italy was in the Team world cup 2010 finals.
Kayane we all know and love.
Alukard is top Belgium player. Belgium hasnt been represented very well in sc4, but it is one of the biggest rivals for france in soul calibur. In SC3 Beligum made top8 and even finals at almost every tournament.

-Keysona (Mitsurugi)
-Rikimaru (Taki)
-TSUBASA (Mitsurugi)
-Gohan (Raphael)
-GraminMG (Siegfried)
-Sazayel (Kilik)
-Zzu (Ivy)
Keysona is the best mitsurugi in france, top 3 at last tournament in france, team france member. In my absense he is the guy to look for all mitsurugi fans :)
TSUBASA is top belgium player, he won multitude of tournaments in SC3 and won first tournament in france for SC4 and now back for more! Look out for his progress!
Gohan is one of the best raph players in france.
Rikimaru is also famous player though I dont remember which French or Belgium. I wonder where is ramza though?
So this pool is mitsurugi pool!

I'm surprised to not see Ramza at WGC, but it's good to see so many competing at Soul Calibur. 2nd biggest tournament at the event. Plus the level of talent in the SC pools is ridicules.

Good luck to all of the competitors.

Yo Malice/Malek/anyone that knows, just wanting to make sure of the correct times for the stream but...it says the tourney starts today, but does the actual stream start today or is that tomorrow(Friday)?...just wondering.

Also, GL everyone!

Tune in starting on Friday at 12:30PM Eastern for SC4. I will be watching the stream earlier than that so I don't miss anything.

To add to what Belial said (good job btw):

Pool 1 - Hazu is a tough Astaroth. He was very impressive in a tournament in Italy where he won several FT5 against redihokuto and other italian players. Bobby is a new SC player but has been going to a lot of french tournaments.

Pool 2 - Freackysound is the second best french Voldo, he's the captain of Nemesis, Malek's team. He's always placing well in tournaments and won one in Lille. Thiry is not very known because he lives far from Paris, however he plays with Maxou and Hazu. He's described as one of the fanciest Yoshis.

Pool 4 - I think darkslayer is a pretty good amy who eliminated Pantocrator at EBO2010

Pool 6 - Deus Kaliya is now the best Yun-seong in France, don't underestimate him.

Pool 7 - Maxilaw is the Italian Voldo who placed in top 10 at Cannes last year if I remember well. Jere007 is a solid french Siegfried, he went until quarterfinal at the last GnouzCalibur if I remember well.

Pool 8 - Rikimaru is the italian Taki who saved his team against Shen Yuan's Hilde last year. Zou is a belgian Ivy. Sazayel doesn't worth mentionning, pretty bad player imho.

Partisan: ah thx, I figured it out already. thx anyway. too bad I missed the qualifiers. stream =( Any idea whos in top 4 teams?

No idea who is in the top 4 since none of the qualifiers were streamed. We'll find out soon enough.

I see Malek, Kayane, Jin the best and Scud on the stream picture )) Saitoh and Asenka with the judges

SC4 3 V 3

Team Rainbow vs Nemesis up now.

• Varghas (Asta) vs Akiru (Tira) up first.
  • Varghas wins.
  • Varghas (Asta) vs Malek (Ivy) up next.
  • Malek wins.
  • Kayane (X) vs Malek (Ivy) up next.
  • Malek wins.
  • Keev (Nightmare) vs Malek (Ivy) up next.
  • Keev wins (3-0!)
  • Keev (Nightmare) vs Freaky (Voldo) up next.
  • Keev wins.
  • Team Rainbow wins 3-2
Team NostraCosa vs Burton
  • Ahriman (Voldo) vs Thiry (Yoshi) up first.
  • Thiry wins. (Post GI SUICIDE 2nd last round!
  • Sakon (Lizardman) vs Thiry (Yoshi) up next.
  • Thiry wins in a close 3-2 match.
  • Dina (Sophitia) vs Thiry (Yoshi)
  • Dina wins!
  • Dina (Soph) vs JAGTHEGEMINI (Asta)
  • JAG wins and gets his team the win!
  • Team Burton wins! 3-1
Team Burton vs Team Rainbow up now.
  • JAG vs Varghas in an Asta mirror up first.
  • Jag wins 3-2 with a perfect to finish it off!
  • JAG (Asta) vs Kayane (X) up next.
  • JAG wins! B COMMAND GRAB FTW
  • JAG (Asta) vs KEEV (Nightmare) on now.
  • Keev wins!
  • Thiry (YOSH) vs Keev (Nighty) up next.
  • Keev wins!
  • MAXOU (Setsuka) vs Keev up next.
  • Maxou wins!
  • Team Burton takes it in a close set! 3-2

Back