Feel My Wrath: Mitsurugi Matchup Thread

I dont think so. Can you give me an example of such angle block? It seems completely impossible. Probably 3B is i19, not i18 and frame data in future press guide is off. I've tested that at every possible angle and near walls too. So no, no 3B's I fear.

Also minor tweaks to Mitsurugi (extra 4KB punishment, 3B* punisment) and Tira (JS 2AB punishment).

If you're slightly to Cervy's left it launches.
3b also launches sieg's 6b which is -18 while mitu's i19 4a and cervy's i19 6b get blocked.

Belial, do you mind if I steal some ideas from this thread? I like the formatting.

Pyrrah, Cervantes and Xiba up
Small changes to Ivy after playing Ring xD

In case you're wondering he's reaaally good with Ivy, I thought she sucked in SCV but now I dont know.
And online is fuken godlike.

Fuck i really need to start playing online too i guess...so online is really a valid option for top players now? may i ask which connections you have? My internet here sucks so bad, only 2 mbit...:(

Fuck i really need to start playing online too i guess...so online is really a valid option for top players now? may i ask which connections you have? My internet here sucks so bad, only 2 mbit...:(

I think you only need 256kb to play online comfortably (at least thats what sony says), good ping is what you need. Under 50 is good.

You can play with ppl from your country just like offline, unless their connection is bad or they're downloading torrents. I block lows, break throws, JG online. its all possible. Its possible even of 4/5 connection.

Sounds good, i dont have godlike russian results as you do, but i think its time to go online soon. You plan on winning the russian qualifier? I imagine Rufus will be hard to beat.....

Sounds good, i dont have godlike russian results as you do, but i think its time to go online soon. You plan on winning the russian qualifier? I imagine Rufus will be hard to beat.....
Do you mean SC5 Impact tournament? I wont be going anyway, so I dont know.
Hope to play you online ^_^
I dont know about Rufus, last time we played in SC4 it was something like 35-2
But ye, he's probably going to come of with some kind of retarded gimmicks. He even playing online Maxi against me to hide away his techs

you're probably just trying not to go into too much detail in your list but:

236b seems to be only free against patroklos 3kk at close range, if he blocks a point blank mitsu a and does 3kk you can't get an i16 move after jg on the 2nd kick.

It seems you can get a 236b hold after ducking patroklos a+b.

patroklos 8a+b you can block the first 2 hits and jg the 3rd for 236b hold, pretty hard and probably not practical but you can do it on reaction. just focus on releasing guard as soon as you block the 2nd hit to get the jg out in time for the 3rd hit

patroklos 8b+k is very linear, you can step super late and still get 236b hold if stepping is an option

6b9 against and blocked patroklos 11b seems to only be free at close range, again if he blocks point blank mitsu a and does 11b he can block 6b9.

patroklos 66k spaced perfectly seems to be safe on block, from just inside of perfect spacing you get 6b9. At close/mid range you get 236b as listed but pat shouldn't be using that move from that range much.

patroklos 44kk same as 3kk

patroklos 236k you only get 236b on far block

Against ZWEI 4a, 236b only works on close block. 6b9 is more consistent

ZWEI 3b on far block seems to be only -14. ZWEI can block 236b (furthest range it wiffs) and bb. Punish with 6b9 from long range.

ZWEI 2b out of mixup range unless blocked point blank, mitsu 2k will wiff after blocked mitsu a, zwei 2b.

ZWEI 8a+b 2nd hit wiffs a lot if not blocked at point blank. For example wiffs everytime time if done after blocking point blank mitsu ws b. Gives free 3b when it wiffs.

ZWEI 6b+ka you can 2a after blocking 2nd hit to interrupt ein, after 6b+kb you can 2a or 6b9 to interrupt as well.

ZWEI 99b sometimes only gives aa instead of 6b9 (ex. after blocked mitsu a)

ZWEI 1k* is listed as 2k* in the OP

Ok thx, Im actually trying to give all the details. I think the first 4 characters should need some corrections I just got the game when I did them.

Do you mean SC5 Impact tournament? I wont be going anyway, so I dont know.
Hope to play you online ^_^
I dont know about Rufus, last time we played in SC4 it was something like 35-2
But ye, he's probably going to come of with some kind of retarded gimmicks. He even playing online Maxi against me to hide away his techs

Yeah i mean the impact and i mean Natsu...she is "quite" annoying in this game :) Nice strat hiding from him...:P

I'tell you guys whenever i go online! i play xbox but my brother has a PS3 also...

Natsu 3a safe at max range. Some ranges 2nd hit of a,a wiffs (example after blocked mitsu 6k). Generally aa is fine though.

JG Natsu 1a for 236b hold.

You can option select punish bbk and bb4a+b by doing a quick duck followed by 9b. It will also duck fast bb4a+ba but she can block the 9b. However she can delay the a to hit you out of it. Probably best to just duck and jg for the low.

Natsu 3b at max range use 6b9 as 236b wiffs.

Against hcf b you can ssr even very late and get 236b hold, 2a+b for 92 dmg (3b 95 but inconsistent and worse wakeup).

If you block natsu kk you can duck after the 2nd hit then keep holding down buffer a jg and 236b and option select jg the 2k and 236b punish and duck the k and 236b punish. Definitively requires practice.

On blocked Natsu 3kk it seems pretty hard to see the difference between the 3rd k and b+k in time to punish with jg 36 and 3b respectively.

You can just guard the 2nd hit of 2kk after being hit by the first and still get aa.

If you duck the first hit of 4kk you can ch fc1bb between the hits. The 33b,b combo after is strange since she is turning around depending on exactly when you hit her your follow up will have to be adjusted.

2a+b if you're fast you can punish with 8a+b or neutral jump 3b, if a little slower you can jump over it and 236b or slower yet neutral jump and bb or just 9b when you see it. You can also 44b+k away from it but it seem you don't get anything free.

4a+b if you're fast neutral jump 236b hold, otherwise neutral jump 3b work even pretty late, if you jump slow and she does 4a+b6 she'll dash under you. I think you can get a back throw here or run up and backthrow if she does a move but I didn't test enough. However she can cancel with the a to mess everything up again.

fc 3kk is listed as fc kk. On JG you get 236b, but 4b is pretty better in most cases.

After ws aaa 3b doesn't work outside of point blank (after blocking mitsu a), although b+k works. Another stupid case where 3b isn't i18 apparently so you have to 236b. JG 236b hold still works though.
Looks like you can easily buffer the jg for ws aaa and still punish ws aaa4 with 3b.
Seems you cant jg the 3rd a on hit and block 3b doesn't work, so block 236b if hit by ws aa.

After ws b you can duck and jg for the 4a+b and duck under the a. If you duck the a you can 236b or 2a depending on your reactions.

From a certain range (like after blocked mitsu 236b) the 2nd hit of jmp KA will wiff and you get 3b/66b

Looks like you can block 66a, jg for the b and 3b to punish the just guarded b and the 66ab4 transition with the same timing. If she goes to hover looks like you get 3b, 236b hold.

22a seems to be completely safe not 236b punishable. I can't get aa on block. Am I missing something?

66b seems to be safe from max range, 6b9 punishable from far range.

After 22ka same as ws aaa. On block 3b doesn't work outside of point blank (after blocked mitsu a) but just guard gives 236b hold. JG for the a and 3b if she does 22ka4

From range you can 66b+k under the 2nd hit of PO a:6 and get MST a+b.

PO k is mostly safe outside of point blank (after blocked mitsu a). You get b+k on block.

PO a+b if you're fast you can 4b+k mst a+b, if you 4b+k too slow you can still MST k, b.

66b* you can duck the 2nd hit and 236b hold

ZWEI 6b+ka you can 2a after blocking 2nd hit to interrupt ein, after 6b+kb you can 2a or 6b9 to interrupt as well.

1 You can only if you duck the first hit (ein atack), if its blocked you cant 2A.

1. You can option select punish bbk and bb4a+b by doing a quick duck followed by 9b. It will also duck fast bb4a+ba but she can block the 9b. However she can delay the a to hit you out of it. Probably best to just duck and jg for the low.

2. If you block natsu kk you can duck after the 2nd hit then keep holding down buffer a jg and 236b and option select jg the 2k and 236b punish and duck the k and 236b punish. Definitively requires practice.

3. On blocked Natsu 3kk it seems pretty hard to see the difference between the 3rd k and b+k in time to punish with jg 36 and 3b respectively.

4. You can just guard the 2nd hit of 2kk after being hit by the first and still get aa.

5. 4a+b if you're fast neutral jump 236b hold, otherwise neutral jump 3b work even pretty late, if you jump slow and she does 4a+b6 she'll dash under you. I think you can get a back throw here or run up and backthrow if she does a move but I didn't test enough. However she can cancel with the a to mess everything up again.

6. After ws aaa 3b doesn't work outside of point blank (after blocking mitsu a), although b+k works. Another stupid case where 3b isn't i18 apparently so you have to 236b. JG 236b hold still works though.
Looks like you can easily buffer the jg for ws aaa and still punish ws aaa4 with 3b.
Seems you cant jg the 3rd a on hit and block 3b doesn't work, so block 236b if hit by ws aa.

7. After ws b you can duck and jg for the 4a+b and duck under the a. If you duck the a you can 236b or 2a depending on your reactions.

8. Looks like you can block 66a, jg for the b and 3b to punish the just guarded b and the 66ab4 transition with the same timing. If she goes to hover looks like you get 3b, 236b hold.

9. 22a seems to be completely safe not 236b punishable. I can't get aa on block. Am I missing something?

10. After 22ka same as ws aaa. On block 3b doesn't work outside of point blank (after blocked mitsu a) but just guard gives 236b hold. JG for the a and 3b if she does 22ka4

11. From range you can 66b+k under the 2nd hit of PO a:6 and get MST a+b.

12. PO k is mostly safe outside of point blank (after blocked mitsu a). You get b+k on block.

13. PO a+b if you're fast you can 4b+k mst a+b, if you 4b+k too slow you can still MST k, b.

66b* you can duck the 2nd hit and 236b hold
1. if you're fast you can 9K and she cant block. good find.
2. I found that at max range block you can duck 2nd hit of KK series. Anyway, another excellent find Jaeger
3. You can JG and 1B as an "option select" it beats all.
4. cant seem to do it. requires hard timing probably
5. Much safer and easier to 9B or 9G BT B+K if your close.
6. Another example of how useful JG in this game is. thx
7. seems you cant duck the fastest timing of 4A+B~A but its useless anyway.
8. Great find but difficult
9. Its 11_77A and its punishable by 4KB. fixed
10. 66K is just better in every regard i think?
11. cant seem to be possible, except on first hit wiff.
12. its only safe at tip block which can be a wiff as well, due to short range on PO K. BT PO K is safe however.
13. not really possible on reaction imo

Otherwise I fixed the first post after retesting what you suggested.

Ivy:

1. You can duck A hold and 236b hold
2. 6a hold you get b+k except at max range
3. 3a hold b6 wiffs at max range block (but this is hard to make happen, b6 hits almost always just be aware)
4. it's very hard to find a range where if you block 1a you get ws b but not 236b (if you backdash once and have ivy block b+k and then do 1a you get this range)
5. if you jg the 2nd hit of b hold you get 236b hold or 66a+b
6. you can interrupt the 6b9,k with 9a for back turn and +7 with 66 throw / launcher mixup (although if she does 6b9 without the k she can duck the 9a)
7. a+ba you can 9a as well. if you jg the 2nd hit you get 4k, b
8. after 1a+b 2a doesn't work if done after blocked mitsu a, 236b free on jg
9. 8a+bb you also get 66bb on block. at max range you only get b+k
10. after 4a+b you only get 236b if only one hit gets blocked, 6b9 or bb works after 2 blocks
11. you can also interrupt 4a+bb with 236b or b6 on reaction, qsr is better but a harder on reaction imo. you can get 22a+b
12. block the 2nd hit of ws a+ba then hold 2g and you get 236b hold
13. 44a hold do 4kb for an easier punish if you're having trouble with the 66bb
14. after 22bhold step right
15. 44a+b jg on reaction to the release 236b hold (works for all variations)
16. 1b* - jg 3b only works on point blank, use 4kb or 66bb if not point blank. you can also qsr between the hits so you can do 22a+b for free but jg is easier
17. after 22b* the mst a+b 3b 236b* gives an interesting knockdown, I couldn't find anything cool except 236b hold tech catches right & back but i didn't try too long

May I ask how you guys test all of these moves. Do you have a friend do it or is there some way to do it in practice mode.

I have a tournament coming up saturday and I have been basically going through this thread and training mode testing what I can punish etc. Would really help if there is a way to test ALL moves in training.

If not I will try to contribute as best I can, I noticed there isnt any Yoshi data up yet and I need to learn that matchup.

^This post helps alot, I appreciate it.

Can someone explain what exactly these punishment charts mean? When I go into training mode and try to punish some of these moves, I set the opponent to guard after the attack, and usually they just block the attack. I know I am doing something wrong or misinterpreting the data, just trying to get a feel for which it is.

Cervy

1. aB is really sketchy on block. lately i prefer to just 6b9. I don't like b6 as much because it leaves you at -3.
2. jg the 2nd hit of 1ab for 236b hold
3. jg the 2nd hit of 1bb for 236b hold, only works if you jg both hits from further out you jg 1 hit for 3b
4. 4bk duck 2nd hit crouch cancel 3b
5. 3a+b jg the 2nd hit for 3b. probably not worth it too hard to react to and the risk reward isn't very good compared to just block 236b
6. 8a+b he's forced to go into dreadcharge you can 236b hold
7. 4a+b you can 44b+k mst a+b
8. 9b+k you can also dash forward and get bt b+k or g~3b or back throw
9. 9b+k hold also loses to dash forward bt b+k
10. ws ab jg 2nd hit for 236b hold
11. ws b+k if you're just out of range to block it he'll often end up behind you and you have to 66a+b the other way
12. 66a if someone gets predictable with this you can 66b+k under it and get mst a+b
13. 33a duck on reaction for 236b hold
14. 22aa jg 2nd hit for 236b
15. 11k safe at max range
16. igdr block = free back throw (no more fly away after blocked igdr)
17. block 4b* ssr to avoid bt b+k and break throw 50/50 (3b if he wiffs bt b+k)

^This post helps alot, I appreciate it.

Can someone explain what exactly these punishment charts mean? When I go into training mode and try to punish some of these moves, I set the opponent to guard after the attack, and usually they just block the attack. I know I am doing something wrong or misinterpreting the data, just trying to get a feel for which it is.

You're probably just doing your punishment too slow.

Block the move listed in yellow and punish with what's written to the right in white.

Back