FF Versus Possibly Canned

Kenjitsu_Hokori

[10] Knight
Seems FF Versus is rumored to be canceled and will never see the light of day, If i may, square wouldn't surprise me if they did this. Right now sources are waiting for updates on the validity of this article but here it can be read:

www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/20/report-f...ersus-xiii-cancelled

It was announced when I was in high school in 2006 and we still haven't gotten anything solid soooo If it did get canned I wouldnt be surprised, but it is a disappointment.

IGN got this from Kotaku. Kotaku claims that their sources (which they don't even name, unlike IGN, which usually names the source that they got their article from) say that Versus got canceled. But then, Kotaku is a tabloid for gaming in my opinion. They're just trying to get more readers by putting out rumors.

However, if this turns out to be true, it could be just a rename of Versus to FFXV.

For the many exclusives and the whole not paying for online. Least I assume that's why.
The online is boring and very very quiet. All games I wanted it for originally have become multi-platform so one game every 2-3 years that actually interest me isn't worth it. Fortunately my boyfriend plays it with his friends a lot otherwise it would just be a blu-ray player.

lol I think people need to think about what you are asking when it comes to the console. Most games go multi-platform because for the game developers, a bigger market, means more money. Unless you have FU money like Microsoft...lol

Both the 360 and PS3 have their plus and minuses. I just happen to like the PS3 more as it suits the games that i like to play. Im not much for the online as it was never something that mattered to me.

But back to the real topic. I have to agree with AnimeFreak here.. Even if FF vs 13 is done.. this can be just renamed to FF15 and released in that manner. Just like i said before.. Better to wait for TGS 2012 to see if Square releases a statement. lol

I think this rumor might be fake. They just released the "Somnus" DLC track in Theatrhythm FF a week ago. IGN and other places got this from Kotaku, and Kotaku isn't very trustworthy. If it's true then Versus could be renamed FF XV. I'm just going to wait for Square Enix to say something or TGS.

I fully understand why games go multi-platform but if I brought the system thinking those games where gonna be exclusive and they're not....Well I don't just have 600 dollars to throw around for nothing at all.

I'm still waiting for something official but Versus XIII was one of the games I purchased the PS3 for. Hopefully it's renamed like others have suggested.

I understand what you mean there Reave. But that's why i wouldn't buy a console solely for a game. Exclusives to me are always subject to change until the release date. Its why i made the statement of FF13. If Microsoft didn't stick their mitts into the pot, the game would have released on time for the PS3 but these things happen.

I never had any clue about what the hell this was supposed to be. Squeenix didn't either apparently.

This is depressing. I have been waiting for three years for this game. They have to make up for that crappy game, final fantasy XIII.

Which was totally OK and not the worst thing ever.

Only 3 years? I've been waiting for 6.

It was a okay game. Hell the only thing that I hate the battle system where the option to press auto battle will pretty much make you win almost every battle.

Holy shit 6 years! You sir have dedication. Never got into FF until like three years ago. I own five of their games right now.

Which was totally OK and not the worst thing ever.

Only 3 years? I've been waiting for 6.

Yeah... This was announced since I was in high school LOL and im 26 now.... soooo.... I kinda lost hope for this one. It might become the new Duke Nukem forever for RPG's xD. I still prefer PS3 personally for fighters since I love the sony controller for fighters in general. Xbox 360 online is superior but honestly most of the games i play are single player and when online is involved majority of the time it will be a fighter.

Shooters aren't my thing hence why I not on the 360 bandwagon so hard since shooters to me are all the same at times. Ps3 just have more exclusives that interest me more despite its not a lot its enough to make the purchase. Hence why back in the day games were better than what we have now. xD

PS: ... F LIGHTNING! Why does square want us to like this character so much when her game was ass I swear! ><X

I think that nowadays it really doesn't matter much which console you have because all games usually come out on both. There's also not much difference in terms of quality (say graphic, sound aso). So nowadays it really boils down to a handful of exclusive series and that is completely up to your own taste.

Tbh i don't see much point in having both a ps3 and an xbox360 unless you really can't live without having both killzone and halo (disclaimer: examples were randomly chosen and do not necessarily reflect my own taste :P).
Either console should be able to make you really happy.

Back