Fighting Against Rocks: Z.W.E.I. Matchup Thread

Does anyone have some advise for the Siegfried matchup? I can't help but feel he's zwei's worst matchup outside of maybe Xiba with his remembrance crap

I need some anti hilde help please.
I'm not sure of any ZWEI-specific stuff versus Hilde, but general things:
Punish 2A+B (-16)
Step the second hit of (A+B) and launch punish.
Step 88B.
Just Guard the 2nd hit of C3A, C3B, and 3BA_3BB
Break A when she has 1.5 meter
Avoid getting thrown when her back is to the edge; she has a 50/50 throw mixup for reverse RO
Step B+K to the left
Remember that 6A+B is + on block (Edit: patch changed it to 0 on block)

I wanna throw some numbes about

Pat 7-3
ZWEI 5-5
Leixia 6-4
Natsu 7-3
Ezio 6-4
Raph 6-4
Viola 7-3
Pyrrha 8-2
Seig 7-3
Hlide 6-4
Xiba 6-4
Ivy 6-4
Cervy 7-3
Aeon 6-4
Tira 6-4
NM 6-4
Mitsu 7-3
Maxi 6-4
Yoshi 5-5
Damp 5-5
Voldo 6-4
Asta 7-3
aPat 8-2
Algol 7-3
Pyr.O 7-3

This does not mean ZWEI cant win and its only my opinion

Pat 7-3
ZWEI 5-5
Leixia 6-4
Natsu 7-3
Ezio 6-4
Raph 6-4
Viola 7-3
Pyrrha 8-2
Seig 7-3
Hlide 6-4
Xiba 6-4
Ivy 6-4
Cervy 7-3
Aeon 6-4
Tira 6-4
NM 6-4
Mitsu 7-3
Maxi 6-4
Yoshi 5-5
Damp 5-5
Voldo 6-4
Asta 7-3
aPat 8-2
Algol 7-3
Pyr.O 7-3

not one matchup in his favor...

Hmm well natsu and cervantes are pretty bad...to the point I say F those two, they can suck it. Eh damp is fine, just dont get whiff punished from 11B and 623B alot. For characters who try to abuse step in TC hoping to take advantage of most of zwei's moves that hit high do not give them that option, because I know i don't. Mixing it up with (B) B and single A's can be a very effective strategy. Pyrrha eh im not sure, when you have a life lead just back off and play keep away as best as you can.

Ezio is even well for me it is. 2K is not scary. Eh i dunno just funny that with most of these characters not even good players destroyed me like 3-0 in a series of matches, never happened.

This shouldnt put people off from using him and besides winning your bad matchups is fun(in our case practically all of them, but still!)

the reason i put pyrrha as 8-2 is because of quite a few things

- Zwei's has this issue of all his step catches are either high, unsafe or both and its a ugly mix up between vericals what she can step and what horizonals she can duck or puinsh with her 22k' 236 stance' 22b or puinshed with stab or CE
-even zwei's 2k is at risk of a punish (where is usually only 2a)
-proberly the worst bit is her 3B, this move is just too good against ZWEI because of the pushback allows her to use it and be unpunished, YOLO TC and spaces zwei out of punishing range, if you try and go for a punish your going to whiff and she can 3B whiff punish you
-plus all the safe moves she has over zwei in the first place
-heck without JG or GI if pyrrha does 236AA zwei can only really do wrK as a puinsh because its -16 (or 9B but still)
-everything she has is practically mid (like pat) so going for a duck wrB punish has a less chance of being successful

the only reason Pyrrha Omega is 7-3 is because she doesnt have pyrrha's 3B or 22K

Ezio is even well for me it is. 2K is not scary. Eh i dunno just funny that with most of these characters not even good players destroyed me like 3-0 in a series of matches, never happened.

It's pretty bad for Zwei since Zwei can't punish 2k and Ezio can just A+B the hell out of him. Crossbow kills mid screen Ein charges. Also Ezio can 6k2 and Zwei can't do a damn thing about it.

It's pretty bad for Zwei since Zwei can't punish 2k and Ezio can just A+B the hell out of him. Crossbow kills mid screen Ein charges. Also Ezio can 6k2 and Zwei can't do a damn thing about it.
Its not about if he can punish 2K or not, who even tries to really focus on punishing ezio's 2K anyway? And i really disagree about him just being able to A+B him all day..if the zwei players you're playing are letting him do that well there not playing their own character right. I played plenty of ezio players even good ones who try that, Most of the time I end up either letting it whiff or blocking it.

Cross bows can be annoying mid screen but eh its not how ezio is going to win the match. 6K2 is a good rounded finisher when your opponents health is in the yellow, but other than that zwei can 4B BE or just inflict guard damage. And this is why alot of people on this forum needs to view the upcoming soul cast for him, zwei does have options against his opponents.

Its not about if he can punish 2K or not, who even tries to really focus on punishing ezio's 2K anyway? And i really disagree about him just being able to A+B him all day..if the zwei players you're playing are letting him do that well there not playing their own character right. I played plenty of ezio players even good ones who try that, Most of the time I end up either letting it whiff or blocking it.

Cross bows can be annoying mid screen but eh its not how ezio is going to win the match. 6K2 is a good rounded finisher when your opponents health is in the yellow, but other than that zwei can 4B BE or just inflict guard damage. And this is why alot of people on this forum needs to view the upcoming soul cast for him, zwei does have options against his opponents.

The thing with 6k2 is that it pushes Ezio away on hit and out of Zwei's attack range. Zwei can't punish it on hit, on block Ezio is going to die. The only way Zwei can hit Ezio is if Ezio does it right in Zwei's face but if he does it anywhere else and it hits then Zwei has to just eat it.

Pat 7-3
ZWEI 5-5
Leixia 6-4
Natsu 7-3
Ezio 6-4
Raph 6-4
Viola 7-3
Pyrrha 8-2
Seig 7-3
Hlide 6-4
Xiba 6-4
Ivy 6-4
Cervy 7-3
Aeon 6-4
Tira 6-4
NM 6-4
Mitsu 7-3
Maxi 6-4
Yoshi 5-5
Damp 5-5
Voldo 6-4
Asta 7-3
aPat 8-2
Algol 7-3
Pyr.O 7-3

What are these numbers based on? How did you come to this conclusion? I disagree with these numbers entirely.

Well imo ZWEI dont have any MU in his favour, the 6-4s are having a couple of things over zwei such as movement being shut down by Aeon's 66A whilst not being able to punish it, or Leixia's wrb BE going around lots of stuff zwei has. i think those are only 6-4s

7-3s are the harder to deal with spacing like Seigfried and/or can abuse there frames like cervy

the 8-2 with pyrrha i discussed above and aPat is just as bad

maybe they're some more 5-5s and less 7-3s but havent been convinced

So lets talk counter start unstead of saying how bad zwei is.
found a weird counter to IVY's 3B.

you can land a CH 6B/4B when she attenpts 3B. Here is an example.

Ivy 3B > 3B
zwei Block > 6B > 50/50 Mixup , you have to hit them before the side step anumation or you can tie with 3B as well. If you hesitate 6B will whiff.

Ivy 3B > 3B
Zwei Block > 6B+KB

I shit you not, this counters this dumb ass tactic.

Ivy 3B > 3B
Zwei block > step left < 3B

This is just anexample of countering strat with zwei.

Back
Top Bottom