Fighting Against Rocks: Z.W.E.I. Matchup Thread

Just a thought, Shall we create a MU thread for each of the characters where we can post punishment and strats and it would be easier to find rather than digging through 1 thread?

The Leixia SA has done this, and i think its a good idea because as ZWEI players we need these MUs learnt and together we can put our notes together to become even stronger.

for example-

Thread title - Match Up Discussion: Z.W.E.I vs Patroklos
Contents - Puinshment
Strats
Character Specific Combos/traps

Match Up Discussion; Z.W.E.I vs Leixia

etc.

Shall we do this? I would be more than happy to create them.

@DarkRhythm

Last edited:
I would just like permission first from @DarkRhythm wouldn't want to load the ZWEI SA with 23 new threads out of the blue.

Just to be clear that's a thread each for-
Patroklos
Leixia
Natsu
Ezio
Rapheal
Viola
Pyrrha
Seigfried
Hlide
Xiba
Ivy
Cervantes
Aeon
Tira
Nightmare
Mitsu
Maxi
Yoshimitsu
Voldo
Astaroth
Alpha Patroklos
Algol
Pyrrha Omega

Watse of time doing Dampierre lets be honest its better to put time in against characters we are going to fight in a tourney setting. (also why DJ isnt included)
If people really want me to though i will do it.

Great i will begin, Awesome Avatar btw
Thanks.
@AndyrooxDS
@Ramus
@Zane
@darkwings13
@ZOMBIEBEAR666

Hey wolfpack, Since we are going to be having a ton of new threads I would like to clean up some old ones. We do have a bit of repeats and wanted peoples opinions on what should be done.
There are a lot of threads that seem like they are a one thing guide which is fantastic to have but takes up a ton of space. I do have the ability to merge thread and such but I do not want to mess up anyones threads because it places the earliest post first when merging.

If we need to leave it how it is we can. Let me know what you all think.

o(≧▽≦)o You mean threads that focus on just one thing like the B+K BE thread started by Laser and Using A+B to space in certain MUs by Andy? Personally, I'm fine with it just being it's own thread. It's easy to see right there lol =D

@DarkRhythm

You should compress all information into categories. Meaning, merge anything related to tech traps into a tech trap thread, even if they are character specific, wall combos into a wall combo thread, etc.

I also recommend keeping the large specific topics separate (like Andy said) meaning the 66A+B !W places thread, B+K BE set ups, etc. Pessimist thread, top 10 moves thread (this is purely opinion based), patch/wishlist thread, and all those threads that are redundant or of no use can be removed.

Controller set ups, best Zweis, and any information that is related to Zwei in a general sense should be merged into a general thread.

Ideally, all information should be as concise and organized as possible.

@AndyrooxDS

When you begin working on the match up threads, you should make sure to extract all the information in the already-made guides by Zombiebear, since he has done about 90% of the work for you. These guides include every topic you can think of, but some information (such as inputs) is outdated and/or wrong so you'll have to correct them, and then dig into the forums to add things that have been posted by other users all around (perfect example would be the latest tech traps I posted. They should be under the tech trap discussion and not under new tech, so I will remove them and repost to help with the forum clean up)

I've heard from a lot of people that Belial's Zwei guide is outdated, so I wouldn't hesitate in doing something about that either. The biggest issue is repetition. We have the same information over and over again all around the forum, so it's going to be a challenge.

Just a reminder, this is merely a suggestion. Seeing how very little people visit this forum, I wouldn't actually mind if it stays the same. But I think Andy and Darkrhythm got this.

-Zane

Back