Force meter in SC Sequels?

D_Matt_Ma

[10] Knight
Just a thought, you think SC sequels should have a force gauge for all characters? It is an interesting concept if you think about it. But to make sure it doesn't get too unbalanced, you take away the meter regenerating when you do an attack. You instead could have the meter go up every time you do a Parry and knock down the opponent's meter every time you do a GI. You could theoretically GI someone into a no force stun off a GI and land a big combo. It would be a Red GI, only based on the force meter and not on the timing.

No I don't but I do think that SW should continue their Journey in the next Soul Cal installment, but still talking about a soul cal sequel this early is very irritating I mean SC4 hasn't even been out a year but I still want Yoda and such continuing their journy through the SC universe.

Well, it's a thought. Taking out soul charge gave a little less variation on the mix-ups. Just my opinion of course..

No, I don't think he meant Soul Charge originally, he just mentioned that as a game mechanic in the same vain as a force meter. I personally don't like the idea of a meter limiting your moves, reminds me too much of 2-D fighting games and their supers. We've already got enough bubbles, super jumps, and charge moves.

Soul Calibur doesn't really need it as a primary system element. If I wanted to play 2D fighters I would play 2D fighters.

On the other hand, it's kind of a cool as an element exclusive to a subset of the cast, because unique characters are fun.

Soul Charge. . . eh. I'm glad it's gone.

Back