FPS...the perfect excuse for a lame game

As for regen health, normally I hate it but there have been good uses. The 1st halo was very smart with it's half static/half regen. You could get longevity, but you couldn't depend on only recovering to 50% health the whole time. Later additions tossed this and it made camping/long range OP with full regen.
You realize Halo Reach has a health bar again, right?

You realize Halo Reach has a health bar again, right?
Yes, but until last week I did not own a 360 to be able to play...also I'm a PC purist...so Halo stopped hitting my radar after Halo 3. I do approve of this switch. Pisses me off how run n gun and wearing an opponent out is completely worthless without such systems

It's pretty hypocritical for this forum of all places to muck around on this topic when we scrutinize morons daily for worrying about Soul Calibur's story, which is dreadful.

Touche.

Hey Azazel, Costa Rican Spanish is your native language right? Just curious.

But they both have a story however nonexistent Mario's is while playing. L4d would have been a better example even though reading the comic i was pulling out my hair. All that backstory would have made that game fantastic.
Game was fantastic without it. True story.
Yes, but until last week I did not own a 360 to be able to play...also I'm a PC purist...so Halo stopped hitting my radar after Halo 3. I do approve of this switch. Pisses me off how run n gun and wearing an opponent out is completely worthless without such systems
Hows that PC SC working out for you?

Hows that PC SC working out for you?
Awesome. There's no trolls until i hit the forums. I have yet to get an online math tho in fairness

...I mean in regards to FPS. Mouse/keyboard is too valuable to the gameplay. But if you like COD...you're fucked on PC...like UBER fucked.

Genre is no excuse for a games terribleness. I don't know what draws you to a game, but single player story is it for me. This being a Soul Calibur forum, it would seem hypocritical of me to say that the Soul series has a good story. I think it does have a good story. However, the execution of that story leaves much to be desired. Some of the characters have great reasons for doing what they do. But, if you know anything at all about Cassandra and Sophitia's relationship, you (like me) had to go look it up.

The FPS genre as a whole, lacks pacing. It's a constant barrage of explosions and gunfights that just leave you bored and kind of wiped out after playing it, ergo Bioshock 2 (Bioshock 1 was excellent). And dear lord don't get me started on the overused antagonists, Terrorists, Russians; they all fall in that vein of Star Wars villains, "We're evil because someone has to be."

Enough of my rantings.

On a different topic:
I have yet to get an online math tho in fairness

Online Math is so hard... :)

Online Math is so hard... :)

head-on-fire1.jpg

Sick burn.

It totally fuckin is! Have you ever tried to do binary algebra in lag! It doesn't change a damn thing but fuck if it isn't annoying!

I like games for different reasons. Uncharted...awesome story...multiplayer...can't give a shit. I still think the game is phenomenal. Battlefield 3, shit single player, amazing multiplayer. Pretty much every fighter...I can give 2 fucks less about the canon and single player, they are purely perks. I loved MK for its single player but dropped it as i got annoyed with it as a competitive game. MvC and SC4...terrible single player content spare CAS creation, but i still thought they were amazing. Single player is good and should be strived for but a game can still be amazing for it's focused intent. If SC5 has terrible single player again, I won't bat an eye because the meat of the game is multiplayer. In some sense you need to almost look at it as 2 different games in 1. Multiplayer driven genres can exist purely outside the fluff so they need to be judged separately. Right now people are comparing Bf3 and COD and in large the consensus is COD wins for better compaign, but BF3 is much better multi...but review over all is putting BF3 in the lead.

Back