Framework for re-establishing SC4 on a global scale!

U should look into this statement of urs in detail.

I'm not sure what you're saying S-U. What have you done so far besides list names? Krayzie did this of his own volition, which I know because I talked to him before he even saw the latter mention of tourneys in this thread. It started with Greatone, actually, and xeph's mentioning of greatone's interest in meeting up with norcal lead to Krayzie saying he would host tourneys. He came to this thread after that. Are you trying to take credit for his saying he'll host these tourneys? Are you trying to pull a: "See? I'm already helping this community get back together."

Guess what, NorCal has had and still has a decent following, I don't think they'll be inactive as long as CD is there. I'd be more willing to accept you'd done something if you, you know, actually did something.

So explain to me, what have you done outside list some random player names? Also tell me, what do you plan to do? If I know what you're planning to do with these names, I'll have no problem supporting you. But as of right now, knowing you didn't contact any of the people you're so depending on until just recently, I can't take this thread seriously and I can't take you seriously.

Edit: I should actually follow up that "what have you done" with "for this community ever?"

Why are you guys even asking SU for any answers, so what if he has made a thread trying to get a headcount? Fact of the matter a good many of you have just given up on the game, all well and good. But what I don't get is why you're asking him for any answers, SU made this thread sure, but anything to be done moving forward is obviously going to take a lot more than just one man. Whatever we decide to do in the future for SC4, this thread pretty much just sums up those that still support the game and willing to put in whatever time and resources to get it done.

Me as a member of this community don't want to see these trash ass posts continue to pile up in this thread, please would you all kindly STFU. If you got a personal problem with SU take it to PMs.

Word King Ace. I don't see the point of this negative bashing. It's easy. Dont agree with SU? dont fucking reply to what he has requested. :D So far from what I have seen SU, You have plenty of people willing to give an attempt at something then the same constant people posting that clearly would not. Carry on sir.

add

BezBoy to Texas. The guy loves the game despite being trash. but he tries ;)

May have 2 others that could be tournament playable.

HEAD COUNT = See the Active players. Get a hold of the Head hancho who gets the active players together and set up something for Majors. EVO and DEV were HUGE Tournies. Now if those are what yall call Majors. Then I don't see any other Major's happening for 2011. Evo dropped us. Now somebody has brought up that DEV almost followed suit. Keep doing what your doin. I think the first post shows what your trying to accomplish. I don't care what you have or haven't done for the community in the past but it's never to late to start. Keep doing what your doing and I guess try to give updates on the first post on the status on Operaton: SC4 recovery mode.

Its really painfully obvious to see whats going on here.

On one side you have the people that hate Omar because *insert popular dumb ass reason here* and of course will never stop hating hating, so anything he does they're just waiting to pounce on and make fun of. With that, you have the others that join the bandwagon and continue on the hate for yet again no real reason other than for a +1 or +2 or just to be cool. Of course since people are bored there HAS to be drama and there HAS to be a group of people opposing this right? Way to go fellas.

I'm just glad there are more people for this than against it. That there are people here not worried about their rep in chat, or who can crack the new SU jokes and receive praise for it, or who can TROLL HIS THREAD SO HARD ZOMG LOOK AT ME IM SO FUCKIN FUNNY HUR HUR! Seriously people, grow up and just run with it. This thread is hurting nobody.

I am definitely "Confirmed to participate". I will be heart-broken, though, if my name is added to the first list. I don't want to be associated in any of Something-Hypocritical's posts! I do my own thing. Show up and play with whoever I can and whenever I can.

Dreamkiller: "This thread is hurting nobody." That doesn't explain the backlash. Of course he offended people, lol.

I'm all about SU's idea of linking everybody together for future tourneys. And I don't care what is posted on the main forums, there are no "official" ruleset nor have been. Most people did not agree on anything and TX will continue to do it's own thing. Quakecon, which will feature Lolo, SU, Hates and most of the top TX players.

This post isn't to sway people one way or another. I highly, HIGHLY applaud Idlemind for everything he has attempted to do, and I honestly hope he is "the guy" in SC5 to make a ruleset and that's it. However, that is not now and since Quakecon is one of the biggest events of the year, we have a real chance to welcome new players and we say, play whoever you want.

I honestly feel good about SU attempting to keep the community alive. I'm one of the firm believers it is dead (simply because SSF4 has truly taken over my life) but if people will keep showing up, I'll keep practicing and playing. This thread needs positivity, not negativity.

Its really painfully obvious to see whats going on here.

On one side you have the people that hate Omar because *insert popular dumb ass reason here* and of course will never stop hating hating, so anything he does they're just waiting to pounce on and make fun of. With that, you have the others that join the bandwagon and continue on the hate for yet again no real reason other than for a +1 or +2 or just to be cool. Of course since people are bored there HAS to be drama and there HAS to be a group of people opposing this right? Way to go fellas.

I'm just glad there are more people for this than against it. That there are people here not worried about their rep in chat, or who can crack the new SU jokes and receive praise for it....

You've got this all wrong, DK. I don't hate S-U for anything, I don't want, nor have I gotten praise for saying "negative things" in this thread. I'm just a rather blunt person, and I'm saying what I see. Getting a headcount does nothing except deter attention from the matchfinders and pretty much tell new players that this list is the list of all the active players for SCIV. Despite the fact that many inactive players sit on this list, and many active ones IE: Bubbles, freaky, are excluded for seemingly no reason except S-U said so. Is that a good thing? If all of you really think so, go for it, however, I think it could hurt the community by giving new players a list of people who don't even play offline, or havent shown their faces in months and calling them active.

My last post was the only one with any sort of real attack on S-U and that's because he had the ego to imply that this list has done anything so far. It hasn't, and until it does, I'm not going to let him just take credit for KrayzieCD.

What I think you don't realize, is if this was idle doing this, someone who's taken on the same task in the past many times, I'd be voicing myself in much the same way. I don't care that it's S-U, he's done nothing to me, and I have no beef with him. I'm not enemies with him by association, because that's stupid. However, I'm not going to support a vague list of players that I feel could give the complete wrong impression to new players just because it's a supposed "framework" for rebuilding a game I love.

What S-U's done, is list a bunch of random players in a nonsensical list, say that he's going to need support from Krayzie and Nori and Idle, and instead of contacting them waited for them to find the thread where he's already listed them as TOs. Why not, you know, go to the matchfinders, ask who would be willing to support SC, make a thread for building regionals and a big nats-like tourney, make a ruleset, call on your support and actually get the ball rolling? KingAce says I shouldn't need answers- I'm not asking for answers based on the past as much as I'm asking for him to do something or at least tell us what he'll do, rather than something I can see as more damaging than it is helpful.

Also- let it be known, a couple of the BB players in my community had no idea that hilde was banned. But upon hearing this are now more interested in SC.

It's good to see all this hype and everything, but WHAT EXACTLY is this hype for? I've read through this entire thread, and I've seen nothing but a list of names.

Is this a proposition for local tourneys all over the country? Or a new major? That'd would be great, and I hope that what this is all about; I'll do my best to attend, despite my low funds.

But until then, I haven't seen anything concrete to be worth getting excited about. Just cause somebody asks to put their name down doesn't show that there is actually any progress being made... I'm agreeing with every post that ManlyMcManLove put up

Despite the fact that many inactive players sit on this list, and many active ones IE: Bubbles, freaky, are excluded for seemingly no reason except S-U said so.
SU is saying, in a nice way, that online players need to get off their ass and support the scene cause it's dying. Pick a reason it's dying, but it's a fact. So if you want to continue to have SC tourneys, and hype, and keep the game alive, show up to offline tourneys.

I refuse to believe people in 2 years don't have the funds to once travel to an offline tourney, or major. I was planning my wedding around Nationals and a year later, STILL found a way to get to Devastation. It's very frustrating Idlemind dips into his pocket and gets little support. It's frustrating seeing Jedirobb CHANGE the schedule JUST for the SC players at Devastation, to only have 32 show up. I drove 15 hours in a car w/3 other players and Xeph took a fucking greyhound, 21 hours to get there.

Getting what you want requires sacrifice, not whining for somebody to get it done for you. All SU did was post a list of people who aren't lazy, and if people are offended, good. Get off your ass and help us, plain and simple.

Lastly, Krayzie, nor I, nor SU give 2 shits if we get "credit" for this or not. We want it done, bottom line. Idle has done a huge amount for the community, I have, others have but it's not enough. There are people literally in the chat every day, trolling about how they are "pro" cause they beat somebody online. If you have time to be there everyday, you have time to put away $20 a week to save for a major.

Ignore him. Hater's come in many forms even when they try to disguise it. He assumes so much and skips the obvious even though he assumes I do. My grand total of like 6 haters can do as they wish. I'm already past them and things are in motion.

Some people I guess don't understand structure or the meaning of the word FRAMEWORK. Hater's just like to criticize blindly and expect things with no groundwork. I already have the support and it far exceeds whatever he can throw at me. Let him float in blind assumptions and ignorance.

SU is saying, in a nice way, that online players need to get off their ass and support the scene cause it's dying. Pick a reason it's dying, but it's a fact. So if you want to continue to have SC tourneys, and hype, and keep the game alive, show up to offline tourneys.

Yet I am excluded from this list because, as SU put it, he doesn't like me. Despite the fact I'm anything but lazy. You use DEV as an example- I was there too, I housed people, and drove pretty much everyone housed at lobo's and my places to and from the venue, and picked up and took many people back from the airport. I'm willing to help the community in any way I can, yet S-U excludes me because as he says, and I quote, "You are nothing but Destinizish, that online guy. I do not need your support, I do not like you." How exactly is this progressive Nori?

Getting what you want requires sacrifice, not whining for somebody to get it done for you. All SU did was post a list of people who aren't lazy, and if people are offended, good. Get off your ass and help us, plain and simple.

Really, many of the people on this list haven't played in months or as I said, come from online. They were asked if they were interested in starting something offline, they all said yeah, but I doubt many knew the fact that they were going to have to put in a lot of work themselves. Hell, some I know are too young to really be considering getting themselves to tourneys, and have already stated their family don't trust them to go off with a bunch of strangers.

Lastly, Krayzie, nor I, nor SU give 2 shits if we get "credit" for this or not. We want it done, bottom line. Idle has done a huge amount for the community, I have, others have but it's not enough. There are people literally in the chat every day, trolling about how they are "pro" cause they beat somebody online. If you have time to be there everyday, you have time to put away $20 a week to save for a major.

I'd put away $20 a week to save for a major if that is what S-U was proposing, but at the moment he has proposed nothing. That is what I've been saying. As soon as he actually does something, or pushes for something to happen, I'll fully support it, and I'd dip into my own pocket as much as I can to help it along. But none of this has happened, Nori, and S-U continues to tell me my being blunt about this is completely negative and therefore he does not need my help. Someone who is actually willing to get shit done gets shot down because he doesn't like them and sees them as nothing but, "that online guy."

Also- I don't know what your and SU's problem with JC is. You keep saying we sit there and troll all day when we really don't. Hell, very few of us play online anymore, and if we make fun of any online players, they're generally no names who've sent all of us nonsensical hatemail. JC is generally a room full of general discussion nowadays, most VG talk happens about Starcraft or SSF4.

this thread makes me ROFL.

nori, freaky and bubbles have both organized offline gatherings in their area. bubbles is confirmed for FSAK. both have been pushing for the VA/MA scene for a long long time. in fact, VA/MA is only listed because bubbles asked him to include them...twice. yet they are not there because SU is mad at them from PSN vendettas. LOL.

huge props to nori for holding it down and keeping TX active. same thing goes to idle and krayzie. my predictions...nori keeps shredding as he has been...krayzie keeps shredding as he has been...idle goes forward with FSAK, the biggest SC4 event yet as it is panning out...and then SU tries to take credit for it.

all that aside...my REAL beef with this thread, as stated above...is that it threatens to become an end-all-be-all list of people willing to be active offline, and in reality it is a filtered and diluted list of people SU likes...and people from PSN who he likes attention from. many many of the people on it are not active, have never ever stepped offline, or flat out don't exist and are just troll 8wr accounts. this at the expense of actual players who are not part of the club.

it baffles me that so many people can't smell bullshit even as they wade through it.

this thread makes me ROFL.

nori, freaky and bubbles have both organized offline gatherings in their area. bubbles is confirmed for FSAK. both have been pushing for the VA/MA scene for a long long time. in fact, VA/MA is only listed because bubbles asked him to include them...twice. yet they are not there because SU is mad at them from PSN vendettas. LOL.

Riiiiiiight! Its easy to forget all the Saturday night OFFLINE sessions Bubbles hosts and attends on a regular basis. Whos at those sessions as well? Tiamat too right? Dont give that homeboy. You know just as well as everybody in chat and everybody on this site that Bubbles does not play offline. Hell, he was in chat today jerking off to ONLINE Mick and 44B. On top of that, Bubbles's first two post should say enough about how serious he was about supporting this in the fuckin first place. Just thirsty to fuckin troll and get his +1's in. And isnt Freaky too busy to attend anything? His name pops up and all you hear is online Zas, online this and online that. Stop LYING trying to defend your keyboard commando couch potatoes!

all that aside...my REAL beef with this thread, as stated above...is that it threatens to become an end-all-be-all list of people willing to be active offline, and in reality it is a filtered and diluted list of people SU likes...and people from PSN who he likes attention from. many many of the people on it are not active, have never ever stepped offline, or flat out don't exist and are just troll 8wr accounts. this at the expense of actual players who are not part of the club.

Lol ur cute, keep calling it a club since u dont like him. Who are these offline players that arent on the list? Besides you and Dest that is. Since all you can do is come in, and hate since i guess nothings goin on in the PSN threads right? Omar's said and made some dumb shit in the past. Yes we all know this, and of course you were right behind him trolling all of it and making fun of it. You're trying to do it when it isnt dumb and you and you're chat cronies are lookin real stupid.

it baffles me that so many people can't smell bullshit even as they wade through it.

PS - You talk about Omar not doing anything in SC4, what have you done since this game came out? Im just curious, since yknow...you're so quick to bring in the hate.

The point of this thread is to re-establish some offline comp on a nationwide scale. So all this I like SU I dont like SU BS is pointless. If a name wasn't included who cares, it's not some kind of VIP list that only allows certain players to participate. Maybe names excluded was a personal thing, maybe it wasn't, but in the end does it really matter? Bottom line this is an effort to revive things offline but some people would rather spread hate.

For the duration of SC4's lifespan 2 things can happen, the game can die out(as it has been) or someone can try something to revive it. So standing in the way of a revival is really counter productive if you love game. Do you have to like SU or praise him if his plan works? no, but don't stand in the way of game possibly making a comeback. Am I saying this plan is gold? no, I'm saying at least it's an attempt which is better than nothing.

Back