Fun with Rock(Character specific stuff)

kittianinja

[09] Warrior
Well the reason i made this thread is for us to pool our thoughts about shit that work for specific characters and not for others in the hopes of giving Rock the edge or guaranteed damage in certain matchups.

heres what i know so far

1.Rock gets a free B+K on amy no matter which ground throw he performs weather it be the3 A+G leg first or the 1B+K headfirst.

2.On Setsuka for some reason after a landed JFPT u get a backthrow pretty consistently .about 92 damage guaranteed better than going for the ground throw that can be broken.

Thats all i got so if anyone knows some other stuff they been keeping to themselves share it guys .Thanx

Edit:After a bit more testing with i i realised it also pretty consistenet on asty , nightmare and sig by holding 2 on the 1player side and 8 on the second player side as soon as u start the PT JF.

For everyone else it really only consistent if u step to your right before trying PT JF.

I will test that Setsuka backthrow right now. I've had it connect ONCE on Astaroth.

Since Rock isn't a big juggle character, not really much character specific stuff you can say though, with the exception of 2B+G, which already has its own thread.

After 2B+G>9B, 9G let's you cross up Setsuka and end backturned for wake-up. Nothing Grand though.

Edit: WOW!!! PT JF into back throw DOES work on Setsuka, and it's CONSISTENT TOO. I wonder who else this works on. Against Apprentice, it can be done by doing 214A6:5A:5A. By not holding 6, Rock will slowly drift away and BARELY land the 3rd hit. Crouch throw will land after that. It does not work for every character.

VS NMs NSS A mixups, you can do B+K and counter all his stuff except GS A. It's very entertaining to do ;)

And well there's the lizardman stuff that i mentioned in the punishment stuff.

6B+K works incredible wonders against certain characters and playstyles, keep away Astaroths, for instance.

Low throws pretty much destroy everything Lizardman tries out of his crawl stance, which is nice.

On the down side, Hilde seems to really wreck his alignment off certain ground throws and 2B+G.

After 2B+G, 9B, you can 9G to cross over Hilde. Whenever there is an allignment issue, it's because characters are landing sideways. This makes it easier for you to jump over them and get BT options. Nothing major, but I'll take it.

VS NMs NSS A mixups, you can do B+K and counter all his stuff except GS A. It's very entertaining to do ;)

And well there's the lizardman stuff that i mentioned in the punishment stuff.

Had no idea Rock's ass was so effective:)Thanx

Matt-yeah forgot to mention it doesn't really work on anyone else but if your walk right a bit then JFPT them it turns in to be the front crouch grab but u need to be so far of axis it ridiculous.Plus on Amy and Cass its still not that consistent.lol

I don't see how B+K is working here. Because NSS A+B flat out DESTROYS B+K.

Yeah NSS A+B stops that too, i forgot that one. But usually that's the only 2 that will stop it. It's fun to use, but not picture perfect. They don't usually do NSS A+B after NSS [A] though.

I think Rock players should investigate how B+K escapes/applications certain situations, it TCs well at start, TC really well, and it evades many mids while in transit.

So, Vader is as broken as Hilde (if not more). He borks 2B+G and FT 1B+G. For 2B+G you can try for the cross-up low kick, but it gets predictable, and since Rock doesn't really have any BT moves it's kind of pointless. However, you can get 1A on both. The damage isn't very good, and it pushes out (not the best vs Vader), but it's better than nothing.

JF PT -> back throw works against Amy, too. I got it 3 times today.

So, Vader is as broken as Hilde (if not more). He borks 2B+G and FT 1B+G. For 2B+G you can try for the cross-up low kick, but it gets predictable, and since Rock doesn't really have any BT moves it's kind of pointless. However, you can get 1A on both. The damage isn't very good, and it pushes out (not the best vs Vader), but it's better than nothing.

JF PT -> back throw works against Amy, too. I got it 3 times today.

I can't get it to land on Amy. Any trick to it?

One thing you need not worry against vader is anti-wake-up. He is so slow that you can REALLY get to him with wake-up. Remember that his 4B isn't that fast, and 3B isn't that safe.

I should have clarified: JF PT -> low back throw. It wasn't at closest range, either.

I also managed to finally fit 1K, ground throw into a few combos. Woo. Too bad I can't do fuck all with a pad. >_<

I only landed PT-> CT (back throw) combo on Sets...and not at 100% either. 50/50 for me. I either get back throw, or i get regular crouch throw. Either way it's good stuff. It's distance related it seems.

Lau gave me a really nice combo. 66B(CH) -> 4K->CT it works on everyone but Sophie, amy, liz, raph, hilde, tira, ivy, yun and Mina. Bastards.

Why not just do a CT? Seems like the damage would be the same or worse with reduction factored in.

Anyone having trouble landing 2B+G and 1B+G stuff on Talim? I don't remember that happening when I last played OOF, but it was happening to me online last night. I'll chalk it up to the wondersauce that is lag for now, but still curious, since it was happening a lot.

Also, I think there may be a greater variety of character specific (or at least spacing specific) stun and crumple combos. For instance, sometimes I can get a crouch throw out of CH 6B, even though the crumple should mean I have to ground throw.

Also, I think there may be a greater variety of character specific (or at least spacing specific) stun and crumple combos. For instance, sometimes I can get a crouch throw out of CH 6B, even though the crumple should mean I have to ground throw.

It's not dependent on whether they shake the crumple or not?

Not shake to escape completely in order to recover, but one of those weird situations where if they're shaking, it stalls the rate which they fall. I may be just talking out me arse on this situation, just trying to guess why it occurs, cause I notice it too.

Back