G.A.M.M.E. roll call

Ooofmatic

World Warrior
So it looks like GAMME is canceled. Unfortunately, some of us are shit out of luck because of it and have already bought our plane tickets. I'd like to know who is still planning on going. Perhaps if enough SC players are still planning to come we can still hold a tournament for everyone. I know that the smash community and SRK are working together to find a new venue so that they can still have a tournament for the people who have already committed to GAMME. Perhaps we can work with them and include SC4.

If you were planning on coming and still are, or have already bought your plane tickets, please RSVP in this thread so that we can get an idea on who is still going to show. It might be helpful to also state what hotel you will be staying at.

I hope everyone will still have a great time regardless of what has happened with GAMME.

taken from SRK:

Originally Posted by Zombie Shoes
I just got off the phone with Paypal; and if you registered and paid over 45 days ago, you're pretty much fucked as far as getting your money back. However, the lady told me that if they get enough complaints regarding the issue, they can re-open the case and possibly get our money back to us.

SO IF YOU PAID WITH PAYPAL: Go to the Resolution Center > Item Dispute > enter whatever the transaction # is for your payment to GPXCORP > Choose Tickets for the item and FL for the state.

Explain that this was for the GAMME event that was to be held June 4-6, how the event was cancelled and that you want a refund for your ticket/registration. If we make enough noise, there may be a chance we could get our money back. I don't hold out too much hope, but it's at least worth a try.

i don't have an SRK account so someone here needs to ask:

Does GPX plan on reimbursing everyone for lost wages (provided they show proof of payments) i mean if they plan on pumping out $11,000 in prize money, then they should be considerate of the gamers and at least pay them back for having to cancel the trip. And if not, then they REALLY should be added to the list. btw, WHY isn't our list stickied?

If anyone has inquiries, they should contact GPX directly about refunds.

As for the list, the one on SRK is sufficient since it will be updated more frequently.

If anyone has inquiries, they should contact GPX directly about refunds.

As for the list, the one on SRK is sufficient since it will be updated more frequently.

That's what i mean...i CAN update it...i would just like for it to be stickied here. the reason why i place it here because there are some other players that don't go to SRK.

If you want to keep the thread updated, go for it and have miko sticky it. I just feel that all is needed is a link to the SRK thread since all that info is on the first page and public. Plus we would just be copying from them and there's not that many tournaments for SC anyway. All people would need to do is one more mouse click to view.

Wow I feel so bad for all you people that bought tickets and was all hyped up and now then they cancel. Man oh man does this remind me of that Vgames SC2 tourney that was supposed to be for $10,000 and they held tournaments all over the US and 1st place from each venue was to receive free airfare and hotel to Los Angeles. We had an 89 page thread about that tourney, complete with tourney results, hype for the tourney and all that.....but all for nothing as it was cancelled and no one received any refunds.

It really does suck, especially when you guys could have maybe attended Devastation instead of this farce of a tournament. But like they say, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

For those who will be going, you should check this replacement tournament out and get with the people running it if y'all still want Calibur to take place.

http://shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=235582

But as fighting games continue to regain in popularity, there's going to be someone who's not on the up and up trying to take advantage of that by hyping up a big ass tournament from a company no one has ever heard with big ass pots, and then later cancelled at the last minute due to some forum posts and people asking simple ass questions.

Going forward, I'll stick with what I know and go to tournaments that want Calibur to be there such as Devastation and NEC (here in Philly which you should come to - shameless plug) and not waste my time on tournaments with wild promises or rampant with unprofessionalism.

I don't know if it's even worth it to try and join GAMME Over, considering how many people have posted up in here. God, this sucks.

Anyone from Florida gonna be around for a small tourney or something?

Edit: Ok, we need at least 16 players to get SC4 added. Florida peeps (and anyone else coming), please post up.

Edit edit: Actually, they have a link in the SRK thread to register. Please go there and register, and tell them what games you're planning on playing. So far, I'm the only person who has checked SC4. :( And it's called CEO 2010 now (Community Effort Orlando).

registered for my friend and myself

still hope to see Emlarr there if she's reading this, we can actually get some CQC matches on SC4 offline instead of on LIVE ^___^

I still have my ticket to go to this but theres no point in goin all the way there for a small ass tourney...

Back