G4 SCIV Tourny.......FAIL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poshib

[08] Mercenary
Below is a video from what I believe is a recent SCIV tournament that was broadcast on G4. The guy that won is according to the video "the best SC player in the US." Lol. Watch and discuss.

DEST! You do post here.

We need to play more.

/end offtopic

Of course they hype it up and say things that aren't true. It's X-play. Last I checked, I didn't see Mamba or Alex swaggering around agreeing with what the ref and announcer were saying.

I think the tournament thread should stay as congratulations and props from the tourney.

I think this thread should be the one that comments on G4 doing an awkward but tolerable job of running a tournament.

Seriously, "how did you win?" is a dumb question to ask. I understand they have to make it a spectator sport though, and the in game chatter makes it more fun for general people who are watching. We ARE on a hardcore site right now; we're the one who watch videos and analyze them, without needing the bullshit commentary. It's basically there for everyone else, which I can understand.

How hard could it possibly have been to find a commentator or two who knew what the fuck they were looking at? Wow. Really insulting.

Getting SC4 on tv in anyways is a positive. Even if they have no idea what to say for commentary, it's a result of them trying to dumb it down for the majority of players who are NEW or CLUELESS to the game. Yea to us it sucked, but to them it was the best opportunity to increase viewership for it.

Do Alex and Mamba wish they had played a bit more exciting for TV? Yea, of course. But it was what it was.

Do players such as poshib and sword lord and the rest of you deserve to say anything about this? Fuck no. You weren't there, you don't know shit and why don't you worry about placing in actual tournies before criticizing other players from your computer chairs, fucking punk bitches. Poshib "I wanna play these guys online.....so I can destroy them" ...LOL what a moron, even ONLINE you wouldn't do shit to any of us. I'm sure you all have incredibly predictable quotes like "If I was dere yo I WOULDA DONE BETTER!", sure you would have, sure. Do you know how stupid you sound?

This EVENT was a positive for the community, we 4 that made it had a good time and that is all there is to it. The more we appreciate and SUPPORT events like this, they BETTER they will get in the future. G4/GGL had such a positive experience with us, that they are seriously considering doing it again, and this time they have ALL of our suggestions on how to run it better and KNOW about this forum (and read it)...

But that's the problem in the end, this forum is filled with morons and whiners with NO vision. You dumb asses should shut up, just learn to play and be humble, and stop being jealous internet haters who make intelligent players look bad. All while SUPPORTING companies that are willing to give you pukes a chance to make something more of this game and bring more people into the community.

This thread is a sad reminder of why this community sucks and why most people don't like to post here.

cha cha

^God damn. Pretty much said all that needed to be said. Congrats to placers, just watched the vid. Never thought I'd see a sc tournament on tv with ppl that post on this site. Nice.

I was curious if I was the only one who was glad the way this event turned out?

I don't understand why some people are bitching up a storm. Sure the event wasn't flawless, but it certainly wasn't a devastator. The commentator (despite not completely knowing what he was talking about) still remained entertaining.

Congrats to G4 and all the 8way members that participated. Excellent show.

I was curious if I was the only one who was glad the way this event turned out?

I don't understand why some people are bitching up a storm. Sure the event wasn't flawless, but it certainly wasn't a devastator. The commentator (despite not completely knowing what he was talking about) still remained entertaining.

Congrats to G4 and all the 8way members that participated. Excellent show.

Agreed i'm glad I'm not the only one

the only fail here is with the moderators who have yet to close this thread. or should we be allowed to sit around and badmouth potential benefactors farther...

lock plz.

Yea.....this thread is locked bigtime and you all know why. Chacha don't add fuel to fire even tho he's at fault. There's already a thread for talking about this anyway so go be civil there peeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back