GameUnicon + SC4 Open Invitational

There will be several Soul Calibur IV Setups for freeplay and hooked up to the projector and live stream for the enitre con.... and on the spot tournaments. If you don't like anything we are offering other than Soul Calibur you can just play SCIV from Friday morning til Sunday night for 24 hours a day for the whole con!

Kit you know I would love to have you there, but this time you can come and relax, I think I got the organization part under control.

-Idle

The man who elminates the NATIONAL CHAMPION thugish_pond from this tournament will be paid 50$ in cash on the spot! If thugish wins, however, he takes home an extra 50$ in his pocket.

GET HYPE.

-Idle

LOL you know, I might just come up for the fun... lol ill see yas there... But as you know, i dont play but ill be there to hang out... Now to find a way up there...lol

i feel that i will do well in this.

mainly cuz i havent shaved since EVO

edgemaster goof FTW!!

From the 8wayrun chat room:

7:18 PM [Rigel] what doe sthe person who puts thugish_pond in losers get?
7:18 PM [IdleMind] NOTHING
7:18 PM [Rigel] FUCKING HELL
7:18 PM [Rigel] that means im gonna put him in losers
7:18 PM [ShinjiUrahara] A lot of attention
7:18 PM [HervE] lol
7:18 PM [HervE] rigel, i'll buy you a 40
7:18 PM [Rigel] hahaha

This goes for anyone else who puts Thugish in losers.

Thought I answered it... sorry... bus info

New information on the GameUniCon buses from NYC!!!!!

The only way to get on the bus is to purchase your convention pass at GameUniCon.com AND purchase the pass for the bus you would like to be on!

We have 2 buses leaving from NYC available to buy tickets for on GameUniCon.com the bus passes are in the same section as the Convention Passes.

Roundtrip bus ticket from NY leaves Thursday August 20th at 6PM from times square, you must have your Gamer or Convention Pass already to get on this bus.

Leaves Massachusetts at 7PM Sunday.

Roundtrip bus ticket from NY leaves Friday August 21st at 6AM from times square, you must have your Gamer or Convention Pass already to get on this bus.

Leaves Massachusetts at 7PM Sunday.

You CAN NOT GET ON THESE BUSES WITHOUT BUYING YOUR TICKET FOR THEM ONLINE FIRST AT GAMEUNICON.COM!!!! They are available now!!! Buy yours before they sell out we are limited to 60 people per bus!!!

Jamie, that is friggen amazing.

I would also like to confirm that international champ RTD WILL be making this afterall, and he has offered a 50$ prize to whomever eliminates him! GET HYPE!

-Idle

From the 8wayrun chat room:

7:18 PM [Rigel] what doe sthe person who puts thugish_pond in losers get?
7:18 PM [IdleMind] NOTHING
7:18 PM [Rigel] FUCKING HELL
7:18 PM [Rigel] that means im gonna put him in losers
7:18 PM [ShinjiUrahara] A lot of attention
7:18 PM [HervE] lol
7:18 PM [HervE] rigel, i'll buy you a 40
7:18 PM [Rigel] hahaha

This goes for anyone else who puts Thugish in losers.

But HervE what if some elite younger than 21 guy/girl defeats Thuggish? Surely we cannot have minors drinking,
icon10.gif

We are actually going to stop Tuesday night at Midnight....

However, and you can take this is official news.... We WILL be taking sign ups at the venue!!!! So if you don't have a credit card or you are even better than me at procrastinating then you can sign up at the event.

BUT!!!!

If you have your ticket pre bought it will be a really quick thing to get your pass... but if wait to buy there, it's still gonna be fun but you will be waiting in a long line.... I'm not sure why you would ever do this if you know you are coming.

I would expect a VERY short wait to pick up your pass if you bought it ahead of time and a Hour minimum wait to buy at the venue.... you CAN buy your ticket on Thursday at the venue or any time during the weekend.

Please please buy your ticket before driving here over the next couple of days!

ALSO DO NOT PLAN ON USING A CREDIT CARD AT THE VENUE.... this will cause you to wait in an even worse line...

I warned everyone..

You MUST have your pass TWO HOURS before the tournament is scheduled to start. You SHOULD have your passes ALREADY bought.

Here are the current list of Exhibition FT5's for the invitees.

KDZaster vs Rekki
KDZaster had once told me a story about how Rekki was always a thorn in his side in SC3, and after watching their VERY close match at KOGA May monthly, I think this matchup has yet to be plumbed to it depth yet. Can KDZ keep his unbeaten streak against Rekki in SC4 alive, or will Rekki put that thorn right back in KDZ's side, where it was for all of SC3?

SU vs RTD
SU's anti-Hilde strats were ridiculed by many on the boards, and at Nationals he beat the best two Hilde players in the nation, one of which is none other than RTD. RTD's reputation as a top player preceeds him; and in this rematch I'm eager to see if he brings some new strategies to this matchup in addition to his usual solid gameplay.

Thugish vs Woahhzz
National Champion Thugish_Pond is well known for his extremely accurate gauge of getting the most reward for the least risk.
Woahhzz is perhaps the player that the MOST people asked me to put on this list of invitees, and is new to the SC scene as of SC4. In this match, who knows what is gonna happen, as this one is gonna be a cherry popper for both parties.

Ramon vs Hates
Ramons Sophie is so accurate on punishment, it often feels like even the safest strategies are going to get you stabbed.
Hates, quite simply, Hates. He believes this matchup is firmly in the capability of his main, Cervy. Two players so confident and known for their characters, this match was an easy pick.

Rigel vs MTFighter
MTFigher is solid and patient, and just plain steals victories out from under people with his ability to turn a match.
Rigel is a force of nature, like a hurricane, or a goat on fire in a supermarket. The only question to resolve is, which one of these things is better for winning SC4 matches?

Let the speculation begin, sirs.

my predictions for the exhibitions are as follows.

KDZ over Rekki
RTD over SU
Thugish over Woahhzz
Hates over Ramon
Rigel over MTFighter

wheres the hype in this thread??

anyone know if Dreamkiller coming GU?

I unfortunately can't make it, due to me having to go to DR =/
And of course being too scrubby to get invited =P

PS - I still miss you Goofus =(

SU vs RTDSU's anti-Hilde strats were ridiculed by many on the boards, and at Nationals he beat the best two Hilde players in the nation, one of which is none other than RTD. RTD's reputation as a top player preceeds him; and in this rematch I'm eager to see if he brings some new strategies to this matchup in addition to his usual solid gameplay.

The first sentence of that post I couldn't have said better myself. So much hate and laughing only to prove the masses wrong and still we have this.....

my predictions for the exhibitions are as follows.

RTD over SU

That's not to say that RTD can't beat me though because I think it could go either way.

Anyway besides the above Idlemind I thought RTD was not going and my FT5 exhibition match was against Thugish_Pond. What happened?

SU, no doubt any/all of my predictions can go either way. you're all great players, thats why you guys were hand picked to compete :)

DreamKiller i will miss you too. i wanted to play out MM from evo/donate $10. but only if we got some MK2/MKT matches in too...next time!!

SU i challenge you to a FT5, $10. i assume you'll accept...

Back