= Gek's Chara Design Project! =

Man, this is just so awesome. *_*

'Poor execution'... Haha, shut up, your take is totally brilliant and surpasses my sketch by miles and miles.

I'm not gonna bitch around official characters, but I'm sure everyone here would easily agree with me that your designs are so consistent, to the point they could just be slapped into the game and modeled in 3D, coming out perfect for Soul Calibur.

AWESOME! You know, since you made a character inpired in Assasin, why not one inspired in Berserker?

More than else because Assassin being(probably) from the middle-east represent not only a country,but an entire group of nations and a culture that represent one of the faces of the world... and still SC does'nt have one,so i've see it as an obvious choice

On the other hand Berseker is more your heavy iron ass big knight/warrior
He's less unique/representative imho

Said that i've some ideas before,but IF i do them,after i've in mind a similar concept for a heavy flail+big shield char
The Mountain from Game of Thrones inspired :D

Man, this is just so awesome. *_*

'Poor execution'... Haha, shut up, your take is totally brilliant and surpasses my sketch by miles and miles.

I'm not gonna bitch around official characters, but I'm sure everyone here would easily agree with me that your designs are so consistent, to the point they could just be slapped into the game and modeled in 3D, coming out perfect for Soul Calibur.
Too generous as usual :D
But again the entire chara design live around the idea,that's totally yours
Since first time i've read it i imagined some crazy Collector-Yoshi fight :D

Bump for page-change

Two newcomers! :D

The first as warrior is supposed to be a Hwang like character,basically is a try to evolve SC2 Assassin from generic-dude-with-Hwang-moveset to being a true character

The second is totally an idea of my friend Galdelico: a crazy dude that go around killing warriors,collecting stuff from his victims!
All credit to him, all shame to my poor execution :D

xardeshir.jpg

xzenon.jpg

You have a great flair for evoking ethnic stereotypes in the "classic" sensibility of fighting games (read: the SF2 model). I don't mean that offensively; I mean that as the characters are a touch exotic while being able to bring to mind the root culture you are going for. Even the most stupid and uneducated of fans would be able to go "that guy is from this place!" You have good skills as a character image designer.

That said, after seeing all of this... how can you possibly still be a Hwang fan?

-Idle

You have a great flair for evoking ethnic stereotypes in the "classic" sensibility of fighting games (read: the SF2 model). I don't mean that offensively; I mean that as the characters are a touch exotic while being able to bring to mind the root culture you are going for. Even the most stupid and uneducated of fans would be able to go "that guy is from this place!" You have good skills as a character image designer.

That said, after seeing all of this... how can you possibly still be a Hwang fan?

-Idle
Thanks!
Like you probably understand even before being a Hwang fan (:D) i'm a fan of old SC style, when the atmosphere was more (like you right said) ancient-SF2ish
Basically was the classic "world tournament" with very clichè fighters from every country and a couple of wierdos to bring some variety :D

Hwang i admit,is waaay anime-like(more than many other)... but he got style
He's boring due his over-serious concept,and that imho end up make him someway unique
His being emotionless fit with the perfect kung fu dude clichè and with his animations,fluid-perfect that can turn in any moment into explosive-fierce
He's "the hero"in the true sense the dude that do it for his country and not for the glory/power/demonicpowa
Being boring become part of the pack,but as a whole make him interessing and unique in the cast
Example,-counting that "story"is just an excuse to add/cut/replace- the thing that back in SC2 he was away doing teh korea-jap war was a nice example of how he was a lil more "serious" concept compared to others
Basically is SC Guile :D

This, and the thing that was visually waaaaaay cooler (and less anime/FF) than YS :D

I miss reverse RO people with B+G,it was teh cool

Too good, Gek. I too miss the old design but I understand why they don't use it anymore. That said, it'd be nice if they threw in traditional 3P outfits in line with the old design style.

Gatsu... do you by any chance take requests? I need something to be colored. I'll give you cookies if you do.

Gatsu... do you by any chance take requests? I need something to be colored. I'll give you cookies if you do.
No problem at helping you, just not in this thread
Send me it on pm and if is'nt a giant work to do,i colour it and give you on pm or in the other

Back