General Strategy

It's very rare and fluke-ish.

What happens is the 1B hits, then the followup A, instead of doing it's low sweeping motion, does this weird-looking mid sweeping thing. The few times I've seen it I always go "WTF??" and do it again immediately afterwards, then head to practice mode and see if there's some hidden JS or 1FS that no one's found.

Again, this has always been online, and IIRC it's always been when the first hit of the 1BA kills the opponent.

It turns into a Mid? Haha.

Does it look glitchy or does it look like it might be legit? Lol.

Yay I'm not alone.

The best way to describe it visually is that it looks Mina's doing the motion for 11A, but she keeps her arms raised higher so she looks like she's hitting the opp's torso. It's the same sweeping motion and hop back but she's aiming higher. If it's just a graphical bug, it's got a pretty natural-looking motion, and that's what always prompts practice mode digging.

Cool. I'll see if I can find anything tomorrow.

Maybe I've never seen it since I don't play online.

The weird A in the 1BA can be done in versus mode as well, tried it against the CPU opponent. As said before, it only happens when you KO your opponent with the B, and then the A would look like a mid slice. I don't think it can be done in training mode since you can't set your opponent to be KO'd.

E.C. is right that it definitley looks like a natural motion - kinda like an A mid that sweeps across, as he said. Like him, I only got it in online matches on a KO twice. Now since this is my first Soul Calibur, I'll just come right out and ask - have there been hidden moves before in previous installments of the series that aren't in a characters movelist?

Yeah, there have been. Not as many as in this game, if I'm not mistaken.

What's good against Yoda? I have trouble against even the most basic ones. The lack of quick mid-mid NC (like most other characters' BB) irks me the most here.

I feel like I could just primarily fall back on BBB and CF twice in the match, but that makes me feel, I dunno, guilty. Is that her best option?

I feel like I could just primarily fall back on BBB and CF twice in the match, but that makes me feel, I dunno, guilty. Is that her best option?
Guilty?

Are you serious?

Anybody playing Yoda is just asking to get their shit CF'd! I mean, i've never played one, and I wouldnt think to try mina against one (Well, I guess I would, it makes too much sense) But YEAH CF THE MESS OUTTA THAT.

So, Tira. This isn't working for me.

She has better mid range options, and I find it next to impossible to punish her mids (especially annoying ones like 66AA). Hard to keep space because of her jumping moves (which are also hard to punish). Why are the arcs on Mina's verticals so bad? :/

I'll admit that I can count the number of times I've played against a good Tira on one hand, but now that Lawrence is maining her again (and knocking me out of tourneys), I need to know if I'm missing something entirely obvious.

And for some reason 6BB on airhit can't be AC'd. So you should be good there.

I wasn't hitting 6B after 66AA on block, but he tends to use it as a whiff punisher and/or at max range. I'll give 3B a try, since I was thinking about it on my way home and it seemed to be the next most likely candidate.

I don't think I'll be using 6BB as an anti-air any time soon. >_<

After CH BB tip, what's good for mixups?

I've been playing with stuff and it's all kinda mediocre. Like jump->throw and 2A+B cancels. Anything else?

After CH BB tip, what's good for mixups?

I've been playing with stuff and it's all kinda mediocre. Like jump->throw and 2A+B cancels. Anything else?

2A+B is where it's at...You need nothing more really
2A+B
2A+B cancels
44A+B
and 9B+K or 44B stuff vs sleepers or slow techers
That's it.

edit:
oops i thought you meant 6BB(CH)
If you land BB on tip do the last B for gauge damage. It's hard to shake and GI it.

Back