Getting Used To Things.

xD It didnt really change all that much. I just had to show my awesome Google Skin. :]. Nice to meet ya though! What characters do you play as?

People that legitimately ask for help and want to learn get helped out to the best of my ability. That's what happened in this thread.

Most people don't do that though, they go to the online forum, get their shit pushed in, or the come to find out all their "skill" comes from lag tactics and nobody will play them.

I consider both of those good things, for separate reasons.

-Idle

xD It didnt really change all that much. I just had to show my awesome Google Skin. :]. Nice to meet ya though! What characters do you play as?
lol Can you guess? I main Ivy and Setsuka and I sometimes use Cassandra.

And Idle, by "getting their shit pushed in" did you mean gettin' flamed?

There is a thing we call "big fish in small pond" syndrome that a lot of people have in fighting games. It's where they can beat all of their friends, but generally have never played against truly skilled competition, however believe themselves to be very good at the game.

The flip-side of that is someone who is a lag abuser and doesn't know that they aren't actually good at the game. They abuse lag tactics that only work online due to the conditions of the game; and believe themselves to be good.

"Getting their shit pushed in" is a somewhat crass metaphor for what happens to each of those player types when they encounter good competition.

Also, there is an "edit" post button on the lower right corner, please try to avoid making 3-4 posts for something you could easily just edit!

-Idle

Oh, i understand now. And yes, i did post a tad bit too much a while back. Gotta use edit more often.
xD, Honestly ive been a 'big fish'. But i learned my lesson. One Of the reasons i play SC is because it takes skill. And Thinking.

One Of the reasons i play SC is because it takes skill. And Thinking.
(I'm gonna pull you up on that, this is NOT flaming so don't be offended)
Mainly thinking to be honest, skill ALONE won't get you too far here.
A friend of mine once summed it up quite nicely - '2D fighters are a test of the fingers, Soul Calibur is a test of the mind.' In terms of execution skill, compared to something like Street Fighter, this is much more simple to just pick up and play, but mixup is no less intricate here, there's just no execution barrier to cross first if that makes sense...

Back