GMMA & Monsters Arcade @ QuakeCon in Dalla FREE Tourney: Results and Shout outs

B-boyTekken

[09] Warrior
I will try to get the full results of the Tourney. Even though alot of people dropped out of the tourney due to the way the Tourney was ran, I'll see if Monsters can post up a full results.

I'll post shout outs later.

GMMA & Monsters Arcade @ QuakeCon in Dalla FREE Tourney: Results and Shout

This is from KingAce:

1st: Link (Ivy)
2nd: Something Unique (Ivy/Kilik)
3rd: Alphamale (Voldo)
4th: Nori (Cervantes)
5th: KingAce (Algol (sub lauphs) scrub)

I'll try to have the full list. Alot of people dropped out due to it being 11 already.

Ok here goes:

To those of you affiliated with Monster's Arcade:

1. Thank you to taking part in this event.
2. Thank you for supplying the stream (even though it was only SSF4 & MvC2)
3. Thank you for supplying the equipment
4. Thank you for the donations that you have provided
5. For everything else, leave that to the Players, espicially the well known from the communites.
6. Know your role, and only proceed to commit to #1-4 in your future events.

Here's why:

This was the most POORLY organized tournament i have been to. This is an GREAT example on what happens when you try to accomplish everyting by yourself. You have had MANY opportunities to fix the situations that you all put yourselves into. But with a stubborn attitude, you have done this to yourselves and the last thing i would want to happen to you all is end up on SRK's list of promoters to avoid. honestly i wouldn't be surprised that if you did and i wouldn't feel sorry for you all either.

Wolf, the only reason i said most of everything to Nori is because you're brandon's brother. Never again will i make that mistake. Honestly if your head wasn't so far up your ass you would've seen that many a issues that you were developing.

1. Tournaments started late
2. NO ONE had casuals to warm-up
3. The few casuals that you had you kept pushing people out the way because they were in your work area.
4. you LOST the SSF4 bracket. (even if you didn't run it, you're in charge so you should take the blame)
5. In between matches took too long. Guaranteed 30-45 min wait is completly unacceptable.
6. Not enough set-ups.
7. TV setups were poorly placed.
8. Not enough man power to run the tournaments smoothly
9. too many tv's were left open after matches.
10. 1 computer for 4 tournaments.

I could go on, but those are the most obvious of the "issues" that you had that day.
The Answers you could've used for those issues:

1. Sign-ups should've started @ noon since the earliest scheduled tournament started at 1pm
2. Arrange the Games to where casuals were in one area for each game. With of course the more TV's dedicated to SSF4 due to it being the largest turnout.
3. The answer to this: TURN THE TV'S AROUND
4. Ctrl + S is your best friend
5. Refer to item #2
6. Refer to item #2
7. Refer to item #2
8. You should've allowed the Nori & Cox volunteer more players to help them out, we don't mind helping. Becuase we (as well as you) don't want to be there all day (as well as all night)
9. Refer to items #2 and #8
10. Of all the members of your business, you should've had 1 computer / 2 tournaments. not 4:1

Again, these are just to name a few. Honestly, i'm going to put it bluntly. you don't know jack shit when it comes to running the show. To me, you are just the supplier, and you need to know that role and stay as the supplier.

As a business you're great at getting the money, securing the venue, obtaining sponsorships and providing the stream. So you just need to do just that. Leave the actual running the tournaments to the players. TO's like Nori, Cox, and ICE are wonderful at running the show and delegate the show. They also have oustanding supporting cast such as myself, EP, Agustin, BBoy tekken, etc. We know how to gauge the # of TV's, we know how long the matches take, we know that we don't want to be there all day. We also know that time is money, and since NONE of us are getting paid to help, we shouldn't be there all day to deal with bullshit.

So i'm going to leave it at this, We want to help you grow as a business and become respectable, but as a business you also need to know that you can't do everything. Because if you honestly think that we're going to take that kind of shit for years...you got another thing coming. We've been doing this long before you came around, lugging our own equipment, finding our own venues. And to think that if you stop running tournaments for us that we're going to be hurt w/o you, don't count on it. A great example of that is

Planet Zero & NVGA. don't be like them. Let us help you, and to do that let us control the show also. this is a team effort, not a Monster's Arcade effort. Because if we (as gamers) stop placing money into your business, odds are you're business will close.

But hey...what do i know about Cause & Effect?

Now that was the most truthful, intelligent and overall best post I believe I have ever seen chickenwing make and we all know he's quick to post an essay lol.

Anyway couldn't say it any better. Good shit. Next time we'll have the tourny at the house of G00nZ

Wow CW I gotta give you respect for posting all that so bluntly. Kinda singles yourself out but man they did their best. Say thank you MonstersArcade for attempting a big tourny. They didnt need to hve SC4 in the roster but they did.

Wow CW I gotta give you respect for posting all that so bluntly. Kinda singles yourself out but man they did their best. Say thank you MonstersArcade for attempting a big tourny. They didnt need to hve SC4 in the roster but they did.

You didn't go. You didn't suffer. You shouldn't single out CW more than he already did. LOL. In other words. Shaadduuppppp!

Special Shoutout goes to the Soul Calibur 4 scene repping at quakecon. Glad I got to see you all there. Lets the hype train rolling on Test Your Skills 11. 2 1/2 weeks left. I would like to see some money matches so i can make a main event. LETS GO!

DevilJim: Good seeing you. That convo we had stays between US!
Bboy-Tekken: I wanted to woop yo ass in marvel so bad man. Damn, Ill make you tapout on sept 4. =]
Shogun: Good seeing you again. I hope you can make my sept 4 tournament or my 1 year anniversary oct 9. I would like to see some more upsets by you again. That aftermath drama in the tys road to evo thread was to funny...
JD Elite: Damn, Didnt get to see you. Either way, good shit and ill see you on sept 4...

To be blunt, many mistakes were made. However, I want everybody to consider Monsters Arcade has only had 1 major event. They did not steal from the pot. They tried hard to put together a great show. I can promise you the early Evolutions, there were some major fuckups.

I have been talking with Brian, the monsters arcade owner all day. I can assure you, and most of you know me a long time and know that I always put the community first, these mistakes won't happen again. These guys aren't crooks or liars. All they tried to do was throw together a major. I will be working w/them in the future as well to prevent this.

Chickenwing has valid concerns. As always, he could have been nicer but I do know you guys waited a long time for everything. Trust me when I say future events will be the complete opposite of this

Ok everybody, after further talking w/brian, he is willing to give back the money to those who donated only. He will be posting soon but I asked him to post this and he gave the ok. Personally, I think that's a pretty good deal and if he meant bad, I don't think he would offer this. Again, this is for people that donated only. If you didn't, he plans to address everything later himself.

I got no problem with my money going to SU, Linkrkc and Alphamale...I donated to support the game.

i just want 2 c the full results and the recorded matches. then ill give my full shout outs :).

cw i wish u didnt leave so early, u the only top tx player i didnt get 2 play. i wanna see what yo asta can do.

Ok everybody, after further talking w/brian, he is willing to give back the money to those who donated only. He will be posting soon but I asked him to post this and he gave the ok. Personally, I think that's a pretty good deal and if he meant bad, I don't think he would offer this. Again, this is for people that donated only. If you didn't, he plans to address everything later himself.

That's some BOSS shit Nori. I knew these guy's would make good. I'm sure nobody is asking for their money seeing that mostly everybody that stayed till the end enjoyed the finale's. Good stuff Woolf. That shows alot and like I said. I'm here to support. If you need any help in future events Monster/GMMA/Nori, Please, let me know.

Good Games GMMA mistercox36. I really have nothing to say but I was glad to see most of my friends out there supporting the games we play. Shouts out to my personal friends from San Antonio-CW-GMMA Nori. All the houston/Pasedena/katy are always repping the scene. Dallas of course mister IceCold - I be seeing u in 2 weeks. MLG world. Link one of these days I will beat you in a tourney along with ur brother. Anyhow good support for the SoulCalibur 4 scene = I had fun either way. Something-unique I will play u in tekken 4real and soulcalibur nex tim. Peace!

Also Augustin from S.A. even though I didn't see you at the competition.

Not to add anything entirely major, just want to point out
Monitors were laggy aswell, I don't know if CW stated that.

Also Thanks Nori for letting me use your pad and working with all the games I had to keep playing and helping redue the SF bracket lol

Full results for SC4

1: Link
2: Something-Unique
3: AlphaMale
4: GMMA Nori
5: Kingace
5: C-Money
7: The Shogun
7: GMMA Mister Cox 36
9: Danman
9: Blue Jody
9: IceColdEdge
9: Soupi
13: SweetBeard
13: Bello
13: Dr Death
13: Curlz
17: Dallaz
17: Arcadia
17: DavidStar
17: Eddy Pistons
17: Super Nacho
17: caly555
17: B-Boy Tekken
17: DevilJim
25: Bryan Player
25: Josh DelRio
25: Blaze
25: Funkpanda
25: John Ahn
25: Rotendo
25: Dr. Nick Nasty
25: Batousai
33: Chickenwing
33: TheWord
33: FoxstepCEO
33: KawaiiArii
33: Deuce
33: ShadowG
33: Jam
33: Shin-Rukus_KTB
33: nonxsistent
33: Swavian
33: kataridragon
33: Buster Jaime
33: Vic
33: Hates
33: Doomsday Device
33: ?
49: Boo
49: Psycho
49: ?

It's important to know that Hates, IceColdEdge, and ShadowG left early. It's pretty much a given they would have placed much higher had they not left in the losers bracket.

are there any ladders? Also awaiting for recorded vids.

Sorry I could'nt make this one guys. I just decided to stay home and spend time with the family. From what I hear, this tourney was really horrible. I guess I saved myself some gas money. It's good to hear that there may be a possible SC5. I'll try to make the next one, till then.

Back