Good Games Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
GGs to Fuzzie (Get your license or w/e already so you can session at Framingham.)
GGs to Dravidian (Not sure why this dude isn't on 8wr.)
GGs to Partisan (I'm really glad I didn't have to deal with the Voldo you used against Fuzzie.)
GGs to Maxou (Really surprised to bump into you on ranked.)
GGs to Chaosbreak5 (Kind of lag ignorant, but not sure why this dude isn't on 8wr either.)

Didn't get a chance to play with VincentRayne or Pocky-Yoshi. :(

I still have a long list of new 8wrers to play, but I'll catch you guys eventually.

GGs last night to Jink & Xeph.

If I can just figure out how to get into range against your siggy.....Id be in business. That was fun tho!!

HRD

Lag gets me peeved when it starts getting choppy, but GGs to lasercakes, FuzzieViking, blackmajick, and VincentRayne.

lasercakes. Shcizzy(shura cervy lizzy)man versus Pocky Yoshi was rather lulzy. The end pose it did was so troll face lol. Oh and the fact that lasercake made me think of bunnies......maybe because he likes hopping backwards? xD

FuzzieViking. How you made me facepalm 9 out of 10 times failing to punish you. 1 out of 10 was finally getting it right. But, I had a feeling that it would end that way. Fun randoms btw.

blackmajick or however your name is spelled and VincentRayne. GGs, I had fun.

GGs to scesmon (i think that's how you spell it) and Pocky-yoshi, and lasercakes. and lasercakes if you have something you want to tell me then be up front please. saying that you saw somethings you didn't like or that were dumb and then not telling me is kinda being a bully in a sense. also i hope to have better matches then the laggy ones I had with pocky's group. i know me and my low tier group will prevail some day! right now I just have to take the beatings until i adjust to online playing (if that ever happens.)

Lasercakes if you have something you want to tell me then be up front please. saying that you saw somethings you didn't like or that were dumb and then not telling me is kinda being a bully in a sense.
Well you were like, "This isn't how I play offline." So I thought I'd leave it alone. Your responses didn't really seem inviting of advice either in play style or online etiquette to me, but I guess I was wrong.

The dirtiest thing you did to me was Xianghua 2B+K into A+B out of the ring. At the end of the day I don't care what you do to me online. We will still have GGs, but when you do stuff like that you essentially get stuff for free that you wouldn't land on me offline.

Also you and Fuzzie rely way too much on Talim 4B+K mix-ups. I don't mind getting hit with 6B+K A so much, but eating 4B+K A_K just kills me.

I was trying to say politely that I thought you were using some questionable stuff, but I was also trying to say that it's impossible not to use something that gets stronger online even with perfect online etiquette.

You said you usually rely on ducking throws. Do you not break then? My memory is fuzzy now, but I'm not sure I can recall that you do. And you said, "The only thing that got me was the grabs but that wasn't all your fault." I would actually argue that's none of my fault. If you turtle up there's no reason for me not to start throwing you like a Canadian.

I also think you need to throw more yourself. I don't think that's quite clear though. Your offense as it is doesn't demand that you throw because you press your advantage with questionable stuff. It works because I'm afraid of strong lows I can't react to and I eat your mids in fear of your lows. Since you hit me so often you don't consider throws a strong enough mix-up to use so often.

Anyway, GGs to you, Pocky Yoshi, and Andur.

GGs last night to Jink & Xeph.

If I can just figure out how to get into range against your siggy.....Id be in business. That was fun tho!!

HRD
GGs to you too HRD, & Xeph heheh. Its all about fun :) while gaming others who want to have fun as well.
GGs also to Kjack, Lovelee, Loloroco, Hatgrill, Kenhowe, Signia, LongGrange, "ZombieHead", & LostProvidence. GGs to all!! n_n

Zoning in-&-out with StepG helps at range play. Players who beat my range-play to shit, happens to use StepG for zoning.

If you turtle up there's no reason for me not to start throwing you like a Canadian.
Bunnycakes. Y U blame canadians?
9f686384-f1d6-495f-98af-9e24696b2fa8.jpg

The dirtiest thing you did to me was Xianghua 2B+K into A+B out of the ring. At the end of the day I don't care what you do to me online. We will still have GGs, but when you do stuff like that you essentially get stuff for free that you wouldn't land on me offline.
i do agree that that was a little on the cheap side, especially for me who doesn't like doing ring outs but i guess that was my retaliation to being grabbed a lot. also ducking grabs is much safer (no 50-50 chance of breaking something) and as we saw in SC5 would ultimately be the better option because grab breaks do chip damage now. there is a whole thread devoted to that particular topic. i don't like throwing too much because i don't want the opponent to duck it and punish me for it plus i don't feel gratified unless its a set up throw (Cassy's 66B+G or Set's 214 B+G) cause i think grabs do too much. but that's my philosophy.

i do agree that that was a little on the cheap side, especially for me who doesn't like doing ring outs but i guess that was my retaliation to being grabbed a lot. also ducking grabs is much safer (no 50-50 chance of breaking something) and as we saw in SC5 would ultimately be the better option because grab breaks do chip damage now. there is a whole thread devoted to that particular topic. i don't like throwing too much because i don't want the opponent to duck it and punish me for it plus i don't feel gratified unless its a set up throw (Cassy's 66B+G or Set's 214 B+G) cause i think grabs do too much. but that's my philosophy.
Ducking is great.....until your opponent knows you're gonna duck. And once he/she punishes you greatly for doing so, then what will your option be by then? And if you've got a sliver of health and you got a chance to ring-out your opponent, will you proceed with it or lose? That's my philosophy. Think about the situation, and react accordingly. Anyways, ggs once again. Should we continue this in PMs, VincentRayne?

Talims 4B+K A is not a lag low. and 4B+K K is a mixup if she's close enough for the first hit to connect, simply because the low itself is not re-actable but people duck in reaction to the stance.

Backstep beats the whole mixup offline, and her animation for the low starts as soon as you press A. It's easy to block offline. =\

---Edit---forgot why i came in here. GGs to everyone I've played online recently that were solid. I can't really remember anyone in particular because I've just been playing online and zoning out but still ggs if we've played.

Not when Talim is close enough for the 4B+K K 's first kick to connect, considering pressing A HAS to occur as soon as you go into the stance. That and its even more difficult after either 11_77B4 or 2A+B4

No. Talim's 4B+K A is heavily boosted online. Offline you can react and duck to the A, or just remain standing for the K. Online, you are forced to guess a good majority of the time to such a slow move. If a character has a decent backstep the whole stance is useless if abused heavily (like it is online). Hell some characters can just flat out kill the stance before a move comes out.

No. Talim's 4B+K A is heavily boosted online. Offline you can react and duck to the A, or just remain standing for the K. Online, you are forced to guess a good majority of the time to such a slow move. If a character has a decent backstep the whole stance is useless if abused heavily (like it is online). Hell some characters can just flat out kill the stance before a move comes out.

You know what, you guys are right. I'm going to cut my losses because I am talking out of my ass here.

I've only ever played in a tournament once, and never play against a decent person offline.

But I will say this, I think its unfair to say I rely on it when I used 4B+K K twice in three rounds, and, its not even the lag low. That and its not completely useless offline anyway.

But I will say this, I think its unfair to say I rely on it when I used 4B+K K twice in three rounds, and, its not even the lag low. That and its not completely useless offline anyway.
You're right. It is wrong to say you rely on it. It's a poor choice of words on my part.

I took your statement to the lab and found that I could stand for 4B+K K and duck 4B+K A up close or back step 2G and then stand for the K on reaction.

Ducking is great.....until your opponent knows you're gonna duck. And once he/she punishes you greatly for doing so, then what will your option be by then? And if you've got a sliver of health and you got a chance to ring-out your opponent, will you proceed with it or lose? That's my philosophy. Think about the situation, and react accordingly. Anyways, ggs once again. Should we continue this in PMs, VincentRayne?
i'm good. thanks though. i understand that stuff and that it depends on situation. i was just referring to neutral match scenarios. no position to ring out, no low health. normally i only duck until i see something else being down. like i said i read visually. well offline it works much better.

but GGs to FuzzieViking. i feel like i got some revenge from yesterday. they were all fun matches. GGs to blackmajic and i feel like i'm missing someone... hmm. well GGs to them to if I missed anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back