Good moves you might not be using!

I've been trying to get into the habit of hitting 9A+BB as soon as I see a low coming. :) I think it may be the best "sweep" punisher in the game. Okay, the last part is me talking out my ass.

It's way better to block the low and JFT or FC 3A+B punish it. Much easier, too.
Sorry to be tedious. Thanks for the correction. I'm going to tinker with your suggestion when I get home. I'm sure it has better damage or something so I should notice a difference right away. YAY!

I just use JFT to punish blocked lows. Your already FC so very easy to punish with it. I guess if frames allow it you could use FC 3 a+b but JFT is my preference cause of how fast it is giving you ample time.

Or you could, you know, run in and throw him after it, or take the opportunity to space or get better positioning. Expecting someone to keep falling for a frame trap is a really bad idea. It's not even really a frame trap, since anything faster than i16 will beat the 44B+K BE (Fast TCs and tech steps will also beat it).

He's referring too both moves being used as frame traps. It's hard to beat JFT after both moves on block.

Also would like too mention that 214a is great for TC predictable highs.

Alpha has a lot good moves that don't get much mention. Post up any moves you feel that are under utilized and how you apply them.

66k - TJ mid that's safe and does good gauge damage.
Useful to note that 66K combos into CE, though I'm not sure if that's what you meant by "good damage".
Useless aPat moves IMO:
-6AA
The second A can actually be quite useful as on CH it guarantees a CE. I like to throw out 6A by itself a few times in the match to discourage stepping. People will start expecting you to block after using the move, which means the time is ripe for the second A, which you can confirm on CH into a CE for respectable damage.

Wait, really? I need to try that out later today, since I've been using 6A and 6AA more.
I wouldn't use 6AA as it is pretty unsafe, -16 on block. But if you're willing to go that route, I'd use 8A+B B rather than waster meter on using my CE. If anything I use my CE to get in some damage if I can't seem to get any damage in.

why does people forget the silver moon combo? I personally love it, specially after a guard break (B+K 6 2 B 44B+K)
2143A+B yields way higher damage after a GB.

Because you can get pretty near the damage off of 236B and it's nowhere near as negative.
Style points, better meterless NH damage, and reverse RO and wallsplat damage potential.

Landing B+K,62B,33A+B, W!, B+K,62B,44B+K, 2363B just feels so good, and that's not even optimal damage.

I prefer 2362 AA over 6aa. Seems to have about same range and it's quicker. IF they don't know to duck second A on block then it can be used as frame trap w/JFT. Are these 2 moves distinguishable in real time play?

Ok couldn't check right now and didn't remember lol. I've tried to use 6aa but 214a does everything it does w/much less risk. I've also been using a lot of 2b+k especially on wakeup. Great frame traps on both moves.

Back