Good moves you might not be using!

Red wine is different from white, removing the grape skin makes all the difference
lol just came to my mind

Anyone use 2143b:b outside of combos? 15 frame TC mid, safe and nice combo on CH.

I also feel 6b is being overlooked somewhat. 16 frame safe mid Yes please!

I've cut back on using 2143B:B, since it's super linear and you're at like -60 if it gets stepped, and because people have been starting to step or JG the second hit. It's still extremely useful for stopping certain stances and for trying to fish for CHs, as CH 2143B:B, JFT x2 does a ridiculous 120 damage.

If I may ask, I'm confused as to the real purpose of a certain move:

B+K~6,2B~11_33A+B

Can that be followed with a JFT? Is it a setup for wall combos or have RO properties? It does 10 less damage than the alternate (44_66B+K), and since I'm inconsistent with most of my execution, B+K~6,2B~44_66B+K is my go-to after a GI. I love the distance it leaves in most cases.

P.S. I like using 2143B:B outside of combos as a combo killer because of its tech-crouching. Killing a combo typically makes it CH, so double JFT or 22_88B,A for RO is what I usually attempt to employ.

I've started to use 44a and love it. Has great range and kills step nicely. 2b+k is a fantastic move as well. Your in a great position on block or hit so I abuse the he'll outta this especially for grounded opponents.

I don't see much love for 2343a+b. Has great TC and ridiculous damage. Slightly unsafe but I feel the rewards are in alpha favor.

Exactly Syn that's where I started using it. Now its a main stay and my go to move for predictable highs. Damage is awesome.

I'd cut it out against strong punishers and in mirror matches myself, in these matchups I'll take the less risky 214 B. Reward is lowered but the risk is equally decreased. Makes you miss SCIV 4A a little when the opponent can stab you, lol.

Speaking of 4a does anyone have any use for it? I just started using 44k and it seems like it covers alpha right side pretty good

SCV alpha 4A is utterly worthless. I can think of no situation in this game where it is among your best options.

It's amazing how much successfully landing 1A(x3) JF's can go towards a victory. Now I need to get 1B:B to work more frequently so when people duck looking for 1A(x3) I can mix it up!

Some moves I feel are under rated with alpha

66A+B It's not that it's under rated, just under used. It's medium, good at range, good guard damage, and force crouched.

2A BE It's fast, horizontal, so fast that hits anyone back stepping, and does good damage

11B It can lead into agB!, does lots of combo damage, safe on guard and forces crouch on guard

A+B Not saying that you'll get past level 1 on that stupid level system but it's good against fast pokes (like 2A) and puts you at distance and is +6

66A Alpha has more horizontal ranged attacked than bA dang it, it's safe on guard and if you get CH 33_99A it can be lead into CE

Some moves I feel are under rated with alpha

66A+B It's not that it's under rated, just under used. It's medium, good at range, good guard damage, and force crouched.

2A BE It's fast, horizontal, so fast that hits anyone back stepping, and does good damage

A+B Not saying that you'll get past level 1 on that stupid level system but it's good against fast pokes (like 2A) and puts you at distance and is +6

66A+B is under used for good reason - it's way too linear, even for an A-Pat attack. The only place I've found it pretty likely to hit is after NH 33B (thanks LP!) but then you're skipping damage you could have dealt, especially given that Alpha damage >>> Alpha guard break when you try for it. Not sure if it's worth anyone using more than the 2-3 times a match (as in 3 rounds) I see it.

2A BE is used a lot though? It's not used much from standing because 44B+K BE is a much better i14 meter spend in almost every way.

A+B's created space is nice, but I think most people just JG in that scenario. Seems more rewarding.

Back