Great new find! (at least I think so =p )

Codemaster92163

[09] Warrior
Ok, so as everyone knows...since we all began using Yoshimitsu, the staple combo off of 1k was a measly 8A+K. Well everyone, I have good news for you. We are now allowed a different set of combos off of this move now! Anyways, before I begin, I have tested this offline for awhile now, so I know they mostly work, and I KNOW that this isnt 100% set in stone. Ok, so here is what I found

1K, 7B, a:B+K - This combo allows you to get an earslicer off of the Kick, and the opponent can AC whichever way they want and it will still hit. Should they go straight left or right, however, your a:B+K will turn into a BT A, so just do the a:B+K input again to get the earslicer, also granting you more damage (82 on normal hit, can be more if you can get DNK.) Backright AC'ing leaves a small chance of whiffing the Earslicer, but chances are they don't AC as well as the comp can do in training. Little note, you must be quick with your earslicer input the second time round, or else it has a chance of morphing into BT A again. Damage ranges from 80-90 I believe.

1K, 7B, 44bB, 9k, 236b (tech trap) - If you are good at your 44bB's, then this combo is great for you. They can air escape this by moving straight left/right, but you will still get BT B for some decent damage still. Should they AC any other way, you can get a 9K off of 44bB if you are good enough at it, and then can get 236B as a trap.

1K, 7B, 44bB, 44bB, 44bB, 44bB, 44bB, a:B+K - My personal favorite out of those I found out. Again, AC'able to the left, but other directions (such as backleft) lead to this, which can lead to GREAT damage and an awesome ring out opportunity since they are so high and its easy to get all the 44bB's without doing them too late. Damage cna range from 70-120 or so depending on how many 44bB's you pull off.

1K, 7B, anything else you might want to try or think you can do, such as deathcopter - If you want have an even greater mix-up, go for some deathcopters or other random moves that they are probably not expecting. Tekken moves work quite well after this, as 0 somehow hits them from the air. Go for stance moves, or try to go for some teleports, or even heal yourself while they are falling. Theres really no limiting to what you may want to try after you land this, since its all a matter of what your opponent is thinking (Which is probably nothing since no one has ever done this to anyone before.)

Again, I already understand that depending on if they air escape dead left, some of these are useless, but A.) most people dont AC just that way and B.) you should try to anticipate which way they move and do said combo accordingly. None of these are 100% guaranteed, but the same goes for 8A+K since it sometimes whiffs. I know how everyone here loves scrutinizing things, so I actually want you all to go to training, find the flaws, and post them in this thread as to help out me and others. All input is appreciated, and I would also appreciate damage amounts as info too. Im just to lazy to pay attention everytime n_n

Have fun with this you guys.

While interesting, none of these options are guaranteed after 7B. Not even a:B+K. 1K, 8A+K guarantees a maximum of 77 dmg, never whiffs, and leads to decent options from SDGF. Yes, you don't always get every hit from the 8A+K, but it is still guaranteed damage.

Codemasters, first I want to say that it's great you're doing this research. The problem is, trying for non-guaranteed damage when you have a strong option already there is impractical. Regardless, keep up the good work. It's appreciated.

Shit these combos are fresh as hell, Ima try them on peeps tonight and see how well they work, Once that 44bB hits they cant air control anyways right? So if you do 1K most peeps know your going to do 8A+K so 7B catches them off guard if they arent thinking fast enough and get hit by that first 44bB its over correct?

Wish I wouldve seen this earlier, either way its a great way to practice 44bB in training mode...

these don't work if your opponent ACs left or right, but if they hold down left or right, this is guaranteed:
1K 7B BT A a:B+K 1B (this does 91-92 dmg, more than 8A+K)
you can also successfully do the 4A:A:etc series off of the BT A.

ALL of these combos will wiff if they AC back left or back right, in which case, the most you can get guaranteed is:
1K 7B 66B

i was able to succesfully do 1K 7B 4KB off of the back left/right AC two times but can't nail it consistently. the timing is VERY funky.

interesting stuff!

Who cares about AC these combos are tight and worth a try... Even if you miss 7B doesnt leave you with bad oki... but if they hit man its easy to get 4 or 5 , 44bB's even online I can get 3 off...

Back